This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    I read that the Scotts are threatening to leave the UK, again, because they like the EU.
    Let them!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Singles are not quantified as a family.
    And that's why that article tried showing that singles are discriminated against... And its not just in benefits from the government.

Take the military for example. You got 8 people in your shop, and 2 are needed for friday/weekend duty. 4 are married (2 with kids), 1's a single parent, and 3 are single no kids. 99 times out of 100, those 3 singles will always get picked.
    Or for holidays (xmas/new-years), when it comes time for leave, even IF the singles have their leave requests in first, they will get kicked OVER, to let the ones with 'kids' take holiday leave (YES i have had mine rejected cause of that twice)..

Law-abiding citizens have no need for automatic military-grade rifles. Plenty of smaller callibers you can hide in your pants.
    First off, an AR-15 is NOT an automatic rifle. Its semi-automatic, just like a Baretta 9mm pistol. ONE pull of the trigger, one shot!.. Stop making the same mistake the lame stream media like hyping up..
    Secondly, i DO agree, most citizens have no need for them, unless they are collectors. BUT there are laws and pricy ass permits you have to go through to GET automatic weapons..

You're not part of a militia.
    Technically everyone in the US is capable of being called on for the militia..

It's about better background checks -- stop with excuses.
    And pray tell, what 'better backround checking' would have prevented
    Sandy hook
    Fort hood
    Columbine
    Orlando
    San Bernadino
    Aurora
    and so on??

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      And now watch your vote either be mysteriously lost or magically transformed into a remain vote..…

Cynical? Me? Never!

I shall be popping across the road in the morning to put my X in the leave box, literally, the polling station for this area is within spitting distance of my front door.

Didn't the EU say Scotland couldn't join if it voted independence in their referendum last year? Oh the irony...
      yea, i ticked mine in pen, so it might get lost now Take a pen so they cant rub it out
      sigpic

Comment

Goto your local supermarket, walk through the fruit and veg isle and have a good look at just how little comes from the EU, and what does is Apples, Oranges etc. All those popular exotic things like plumbs come from South Africa. The EU needs us more than we need them, I really doubt they're going to punish us for too long, especially when they start loosing money by doing so.
        Sorry to disappoint but none of the local fruits are from the UK over here. Exotics come from countries such as New-Zealand, South-Africa, Spain (strawberries before locals are full-grown). The only thing coming out of the UK in my supermarket is Lyle's Golden Syrup.

I have a Swiss friend who said the same thing happened there when they decided not to join, but when all the other countries realised they could only do certain things in Switzerland and they were loosing more money by punishing them than they were by dealing, all was soon forgotten.
        If it's out you want, than out it is.

I think the union should set an example of the UK. Teach them a lesson!

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Yeah, Europe suddenly doesn't look so stable anymore. From Greece to brexit to Catalonia and the Scottish throwing a fit ever so often and that whole business with Russia and Ukraine. Then add Europe's unwillingness to solve the Syrian refugee problem and economic stagnation across the board.
        Europe isn't unwilling. It's overrun, and when members of the council refuse to acknowledge the problem, a solution cannot be easily reached.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        First off, an AR-15 is NOT an automatic rifle. Its semi-automatic, just like a Baretta 9mm pistol. ONE pull of the trigger, one shot!.. Stop making the same mistake the lame stream media like hyping up..
        AR = Automatic Rifle

It says so in the name.

Notwithstanding, it might come as a surprise, but I do know the difference between an automatic and semi-automatic weapon. Nevertheless, semi-automatic is still automatic.
        BUT there are laws and pricy ass permits you have to go through to GET automatic weapons.
        Don't seem to work so well...

Technically everyone in the US is capable of being called on for the militia.
        Called upon for what? Revolution? Taking the law into one's own hands? Lawlessness?

And pray tell, what 'better backround checking' would have prevented
        Sandy hook
        Fort hood
        Columbine
        Orlando
        San Bernadino
        Aurora
        and so on??
        Thorough ones.

Clearly, the FBI needs an update.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If Britain comes out, it will be no suprise if a few others follow, its not just Britain who are peed off, if the EU is just a trading bloc why the heck do they want a EU Army, wtf has that got to do with trading. Besides we can still trade with other countries outside of EU as they block us from doing that at the moment, why is that, why cant we trade with the who we want?

Edit: And to be honest, i do not care anymore who wins, sick of the whole thing, everybody is hostile to each other in each camp, no one can be very civil anymore
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
            Edit: And to be honest, i do not care anymore who wins, sick of the whole thing, everybody is hostile to each other in each camp, no one can be very civil anymore
            Now you know how I feel
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Now you know how I feel
              Who is hostile to you. i will sort em
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

STATE DEPT. SCRAMBLED ON TROUBLE ON CLINTON'S SERVER

WASHINGTON (AP) -- State Department staffers wrestled for weeks in December 2010 over a serious technical problem that affected emails from then-Secretary Hillary Clinton's home email server, causing them to temporarily disable security features on the government's own systems, according to emails released Wednesday.

The emails were released under court order Wednesday to the conservative legal advocacy group Judicial Watch, which has sued the State Department over access to public records related to the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee's service as the nation's top diplomat between 2009 and 2013.

The emails, reviewed by The Associated Press, show that State Department technical staff disabled software on their systems intended to block phishing emails that could deliver dangerous viruses. They were trying urgently to resolve delivery problems with emails sent from Clinton's private server.

It's not only the emails that Clinton sent and received that were made vulnerable to hacking by her use of non-government email server, but the entire State Department's email security had to be downgraded so that she could run a private server and conceal her activities.

Other things mentioned in the article: Clinton's server WAS attacked by hackers repeatedly and had to be shut down several times. Clinton and her aides were aware that her use of private server created dire security problems and actually ordered the technical staff to stop discussing the matter.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

And this is the Democrats' choice for POTUS? They are truly scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      And this is the Democrats' choice for POTUS? They are truly scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Donald Trump.

Comment

Better than Hillary, by a long shot.

Comment

They are both quite bad. Why Clinton's security measures are quite scary. I am equally troubled by Trump's economics
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Europe isn't unwilling. It's overrun, and when members of the council refuse to acknowledge the problem, a solution cannot be easily reached.
                            Then maybe they should have shut the doors before getting overrun! Along with not *****ing at countries which HAVE tried to secure their borders (like Hungary and Estonia did)..

AR = Automatic Rifle

It says so in the name.
                            I always thought that AR stood for the MAKER.. Guess i have been proven wrong.. I will now go self flagulate myself for a minute...

Don't seem to work so well...
                            In what regards. Have any of the shootings used fully auto capable weapons? Large caliber/round capacity machine guns?

Called upon for what? Revolution? Taking the law into one's own hands? Lawlessness?
                            Revolution or Defense of the nation.

Thorough ones.
                            And as i (and others keep saying) exactly how would a more thorough check have denied those shooters a gun..??

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                            If Britain comes out, it will be no suprise if a few others follow, its not just Britain who are peed off, if the EU is just a trading bloc why the heck do they want a EU Army, wtf has that got to do with trading. Besides we can still trade with other countries outside of EU as they block us from doing that at the moment, why is that, why cant we trade with the who we want?
                            I hope they DO..

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                            STATE DEPT. SCRAMBLED ON TROUBLE ON CLINTON'S SERVER
                            ..snip.
                            It's not only the emails that Clinton sent and received that were made vulnerable to hacking by her use of non-government email server, but the entire State Department's email security had to be downgraded so that she could run a private server and conceal her activities.

Other things mentioned in the article: Clinton's server WAS attacked by hackers repeatedly and had to be shut down several times. Clinton and her aides were aware that her use of private server created dire security problems and actually ordered the technical staff to stop discussin.g the matter.
                            And with all of this, they are STILL gonna have her as their nominee for Potus?

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post

Donald Trump.
                            And pray tell PH, what big crimes has he caused? What treasonous/contemptible acts has he done?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              They are both quite bad. Why Clinton's security measures are quite scary. I am equally troubled by Trump's economics
                              *adds a few things*

His personality.. his temper, how sensitive he is to insults and how far he will go to get revenge on those he feels have wronged him in some way..

The fact that he has declared corporate bankruptcy four times. How he knows how to cheat the system so he doesn't pay tax. Is he the right person to be in charge of the system?

How all the businesses he started himself have failed. Trump University was just a money making scam.

How nothing he has really came from him. He's not a genius business mogul. All of his money making schemes have cost him money. He would be richer now if he hadn't tried to build a business empire.

How his campaign is based on fear and hate.

Comment

You missed out his weird hair
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X