X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It worked - the UK is out.

The Scots want in, so does about 75% of the Northern-Irish.
    Sinn Feinn wants to organize a reunification referendum so it would be quite possible the United Kingdom isn't as United as it hopes to be.

Bye bye Brits, it was nice knowing you.
    Every single area of Scotland voted to remain, yet again we are being forced to do something we didn't vote for. Scottish votes are meaningless. It's a waste of time voting. Northern Ireland also voted remain. This is the beginning of the end for the "Union". Scotland will trigger indyref2 which is a plus. This isn't a democratic union. Scotland are run by a party they didn't vote for, we have to put up with austerity we voted against and now we're being dragged out of the EU after categorically voting to remain. The UK will be ripped apart. It's unattainable.

Oh and Trump is in Scotland. Can you please take him back? Someone planted a Mexican flag on his golf course :lol

FB_IMG_1466798879645.jpg:
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Every single area of Scotland voted to remain, yet again we are being forced to do something we didn't vote for. Scottish votes are meaningless. It's a waste of time voting. Northern Ireland also voted remain. This is the beginning of the end for the "Union". Scotland will trigger indyref2 which is a plus. This isn't a democratic union. Scotland are run by a party they didn't vote for, we have to put up with austerity we voted against and now we're being dragged out of the EU after categorically voting to remain. The UK will be ripped apart. It's unattainable.

Oh and Trump is in Scotland. Can you please take him back? Someone planted a Mexican flag on his golf course :lol

:
      Northern Ireland has a feasible alternative in reunification with the Republic of Ireland. If it does leave the UK and does desire to reunite with its southern brothers, it doesn't have to worry about self sustainability all that much. Could Scotland work alone? Though to be fair, it's not the English's fault that you never had enough babies to form a larger voting block.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

We had a vote, the majority wanted out, is that not fair?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Northern Ireland has a feasible alternative in reunification with the Republic of Ireland. If it does leave the UK and does desire to reunite with its southern brothers, it doesn't have to worry about self sustainability all that much. Could Scotland work alone? Though to be fair, it's not the English's fault that you never had enough babies to form a larger voting block.
          Yes Scotland can be self sustainable, We have the North sea oil, renewables, minerals, water, gas reserves, tourism, exports like Whisky. If we become independent all the money generated from that will remain in Scotland. We won't have to send it to Westminster. Westminster need Scotland more than we need them. Do you thunk they kept us for our winning personalities? No, The Tories and UKIP hate Scotland and the feeling is mutual

Scotland has about 5.5 million population, give or take. London alone probably has about 8 million. England probably has more of a population than Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland combined so it doesn't really matter what way we vote, we have to conform to what England wants. Scotland has a right to become independent and in charge of their own destiny, good or bad just like any other nation.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
            2 nations voted out, 2 nations voted remain. Every single area in Scotland voted remain yet we are being forced to leave. It's an uneven union. One that is on it's deathbed and will die sooner rather than later.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              Some conservatives would love that to happen.
              If you look, its actually somewhat the plotline of a movie.. Lobster..

The Scots want in, so does about 75% of the Northern-Irish.
              Sinn Feinn wants to organize a reunification referendum so it would be quite possible the United Kingdom isn't as United as it hopes to be.

Bye bye Brits, it was nice knowing you.
              England is the Brits. I think you are thinking of the UK..

I think the Mob would know better.
              Maybe we should try asking them nicely...

Weird cause a few months ago I think I posted the lie-stats and Trump came out on top.

Or in his own words:
              Sorry i missed it (or did i but i am not remembering.. Do you remember which page it was on??)

So not allowing journalists from certain papers in to your press conferences isn't censorship?
              IIRC it was the press corp PORTION of a rally he was booted from. So he can still show up with the OTHER folk and report from there, he just won't get to hang out with the other press..

Like 85% of all other politicians in your government.
              True dat! Heck if say ADND magic existed, and everyone in congress (hell every politician the world over) got hit with say a Curse that makes their skin wrinkle and get leisons all over it, hair falling out etc, the more they were criminals/liars, i think a good 85% of the WORLD'S politician population would be outed!!
              And if they all had a Pichonocio like curse where their noses grew say 1/2 an inch each lie they told, we'd see dozens with MILE long noses!!

I oppose deadly violence, yes. There are plenty of other ways to prevent people crossing a border, less lethal ways.
              And what do you do if/when those lesser means fail?

Are you really splitting hairs here?
              Isn't the fact that 26 children died a reason to control who gets to buy a gun or who doesn't gets to buy a gun. Do lives mean that little to you?
              And what YOU are not understanding is, we already have plenty of laws controlling who gets guns and what not, its that they are IMPROPERLY or not even enforced that is the issue.
              Plus unless you are a telepath/precog, how exactly you going to stop guns getting into the hands of BAD GUYS while not impacting good guys getting them? Or do you jus want all people to not have guns other than politicians and their security guards/military/cops??
              A doctor advices -- doesn't have to reveal that the patient is a sociopath in disguise. He'll just strongly deny the license on grounds of deep concern.
              ??@??!@ So a doctor goes to the cops and says "I have deep concerns about a patient of mine, can you block him from getting guns", and that's it..

Yup, it's part of gaining a driver's license over here. Why not a gun license, I say.
              Guns - right to own. Car driving - Privilege to drive.. BUT i do know getting eye exams for licenses goes on, but usually they are quick things...

Psychologists, FBI or hey Homeland Security (or any of the other alphabet agencies you got lying around).
              And with the already proven corruption some of those orgs have, in their targeting of wrong citizens cause of political reason (or like the EPA flat out getting away with criminal acts they would have HAMMERED joe public for), we the people don't Trust them to MAKE those decisions...

Try being the lady who mentioned she had three bombs in her backpack at airport security. While she meant she had three bottles of perfume (apparently French slang for this is a bomb). One giant misunderstanding but the judge decided to set an example, and on top, 2 years on the no-fly list of Jet Air (the company she was flying with at the time of the incident).
              ??? Two years for using slang that a decent translator could have understood WAS slang and not someone being a dickwad??
              And these are the same people who screwed up that you now wanting to have MORE power to dictate who can and can't have guns?? May i ask what you are smoking??

Don't your cars get seized when you've done too much speeding? DUI's?
              Nope. Heck i know 2 people who are fellow gamers who have had their LICENSES seized for too many tickets, but STILL Drive cause their cars are still theirs...

Don't you already do that with the people in jail?
              And that's cause they have had DUE process to remove their rights.. And in many areas they get that back once they are done...

I have no issue with that. The positive side, identification in case of disaster and/or crime committed against me.
              DA tavorish.. How 1984 of you.

Continued next post.

Comment

Actually garkhal. Britain is England, Scotland and Wales but not for long
                sigpic

Comment

2 nations voted out, 2 nations voted remain. Every single area in Scotland voted remain yet we are being forced to leave. It's an uneven union. One that is on it's deathbed and will die sooner rather than later.
                  Maybe if your referendum from 2 years ago about breaking away from the UK had been YES rather than no, you wouldn't be in this boat..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Maybe if your referendum from 2 years ago about breaking away from the UK had been YES rather than no, you wouldn't be in this boat..
                    Exactly. Too many believed project fear unfortunately. Mostly about Scotland not getting into the EU if they went independent (how's that working out now) and the pensions. I voted yes to independence
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to my world
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think you are rather confused.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Welcome to my world
                          What do you mean?

dips, that was brilliant It'll be Scotland's turn soon to gain independence from the dying Union
                          sigpic

Comment

What do you mean?

dips, that was brilliant It'll be Scotland's turn soon to gain independence from the dying Union
                            My vote never matters based on how the voting process is set up over here
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              My vote never matters based on how the voting process is set up over here
                              Oh
                              sigpic

Comment

And yet a high ranking Palestinian official is telling other high ranking officials that Israel is poisoning the wells, raping the women, and pillaging the villages, and eating babies. Okay, so he didn't mention the other parts, but it's only a matter of time.

They eat babies?!

LOL!!

Trumpxit instead of Brexit.

Northern Ireland has a feasible alternative in reunification with the Republic of Ireland. If it does leave the UK and does desire to reunite with its southern brothers...
                                I don't know why, but I don't think enough of the Northern-Irish will want to reunite with the Republic of Ireland. I think the divide is too great still. However, maybe after Brexit, they might change their minds, possibly after the trade deals and other deals about things like fishing in the North Sea, Climate deals, ... are brokered.

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                                What majority? As far as I can tell 72% of eligible voters showed up to vote, and some didn't even know what they were voting for. Some majority...

Scotland has a right to become independent and in charge of their own destiny, good or bad just like any other nation.
                                I'll keep my fingers scrossed for an independent Scotland.

No, not thinking of the United Kingdom -- that's starting to divide.

Sorry i missed it (or did i but i am not remembering.. Do you remember which page it was on??)
                                Many, many, many pages ago or possibly in the other thread -- hence the repost.

And what do you do if/when those lesser means fail?
                                No deadly violence -- what's so hard to understand about that?

And what YOU are not understanding is, we already have plenty of laws controlling who gets guns and what not, its that they are IMPROPERLY or not even enforced that is the issue.
                                Clearly, your system is more flawed then working. Perhaps time to start enacting those laws then...

Also, what's with the yelling... I'm not deaf, you know.

Plus unless you are a telepath/precog, how exactly you going to stop guns getting into the hands of BAD GUYS while not impacting good guys getting them?
                                Well, you may still live in the old west, but generaly nobody needs a gun. You have the right, doesn't mean you need to invoke that right.

And please, stop with the bad guys vs the good guys. I hear, another one of the Freddie Gray cops was acquitted -- Soulreaver has a point, the line between good guys and bad guys isn't always too clear in the old west.

So a doctor goes to the cops and says "I have deep concerns about a patient of mine, can you block him from getting guns", and that's it..
                                LOL!!

Here have a bit of text from the US Military in which they speak of medical conditions (in this case) which could deny you service:

"Remember that if you do not get an official waiver and your condition is later discovered, you will most likely be dishonorably discharged for fraudulent enlistment."

Or a whole textbook on pre-military service tests.

Guns - right to own. Car driving - Privilege to drive.
                                Right to own, doesn't mean you should own. Same with that privilege, which is ridiculous. Driving a car isn't a privilege. It's a choice you make in life.

Two years for using slang that a decent translator could have understood WAS slang and not someone being a dickwad??
                                It doesn't need a decent translator. Our security people have to be fluent in both our official languages, which is French and Dutch, and most know the slang well enough to use it themselves. Most people who work at the airport are from the surrounding areas where French is the officially spoken language.

You just don't say to a security guy that you have three bombs in your bag -- it's probably the dumbest thing to say these days, unless you really don't want to fly that day, or ever again.

While a terrible misunderstanding, these security guys have rules and procedures to follow, especially lately. Nothing is left to chance -- we just rebuild most of that hall.

And these are the same people who screwed up that you now wanting to have MORE power to dictate who can and can't have guns?? May i ask what you are smoking??
                                And may I ask -- do you even read what I write?
                                If you feel adventurous, please go to the airport and tell them you have three bombs in your backpack.
                                Let's see what happens next.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X