Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
    Tonight was the last night of CCD (catechism classes) for the year. We had a party and one of my kids brought me a gift! That hasn't happened to me in a long time. I felt so loved!

Oh, that's great! There's something so special about gifts given to you by students. I happen to have a collection of Christmas ornaments from students over the last few years that are very special (particularly the ones that they made themselves!!!) ((((kidlets)))))
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      *cries* I don't get any!!! And I could have gotten 2!

Because I am a young person with my own business, I got a tax offset and didn't have to pay my tax bill (because i work for myself, i get paid pre-tax). And you only get the K-Rudd bonus if you paid tax, so no bonus for me

And I could have gotten the centrelink one, but i applied for centrelink too late Goo! Both my brothers get two payments!!! I'm so totally jealous of both of them and demanding huge birthday presents!!!

(dont worry about not having yours yet though. Both of my parents are still waiting on theirs)

Man, That sucks. Maybe if there is another one, then you might get some.

I was wondering if anyone in the USA or Canada can direct me to some sites that offer cheap international tickets to the USa and Canada. My friend and I are looking to go over, and from what Ive found, the flight alone is about all we will be able to do.

Thankyou to Jann who made my signature

Comment

Originally posted by k8tyds View Post
        Man, That sucks. Maybe if there is another one, then you might get some.

I was wondering if anyone in the USA or Canada can direct me to some sites that offer cheap international tickets to the USa and Canada. My friend and I are looking to go over, and from what Ive found, the flight alone is about all we will be able to do.
        if I had a boat I'd sail to Aussie-land and bring you to the States that way....and I'd make sure I had plenty of dramamine on hand to help with any seasickness that might arise during such a long sailing trip.....

or I could row to Aussie-land and take you by rowboat.....I'd lose lots of weight then........I'd probably also die of a heart attack before I even got halfway there....

Comment

I agree with Seahen on this one. I am excited to see the new movie and hope it has changed from the past series too.

I was watching a repeat of Stargate the other day and ST:TNG came on after it. I loved that show, but I was like what is this. It looked a little cheesey to me.

That is why I wrote my own quote in my sig about how I used to trek now I gate. I lost interest a long time ago too.

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
          Considering I lost interest in Star Trek a long time ago, I actually kinda hope they did make a lot of changes. Or wiped the slate clean so to speak.
          sigpic
          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

I got word this morning that our district cancelled school for the week. I don't know of any districts in our county that are open. Hubby says we have 5 confirmed cases of swine flu here so I'm sure the districts are being very cautious. The only problem I see is that the kids will be taking off to the movies and the mall, so if there is a problem, they'll just be spreading it just not in school.

On the sad note, prom was scheduled for this coming Sat and I'm sure it's cancelled, or at least postponed. We haven't heard yet. The teen is super upset cuz she has a gorgeous dress and a nice date. *sighs*
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I got word this morning that our district cancelled school for the week. I don't know of any districts in our county that are open. Hubby says we have 5 confirmed cases of swine flu here so I'm sure the districts are being very cautious. The only problem I see is that the kids will be taking off to the movies and the mall, so if there is a problem, they'll just be spreading it just not in school.

On the sad note, prom was scheduled for this coming Sat and I'm sure it's cancelled, or at least postponed. We haven't heard yet. The teen is super upset cuz she has a gorgeous dress and a nice date. *sighs*
              (((Amy and daughter))) I'm sure they will reschedule! We haven't cancelled school and have no cases in our county. However, they did suspend all field trips, so I had to tell my Pre-kers our zoo trip was cancelled(we were going tomorrow). They handled it pretty well, but it sparked a very interesting conversation about 'flu bugs'!

Comment

damn you K Rudd!!!! i want my damn money!! omg i've got one assingment left *will sell for someone to write it for me* lol
                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I'm in the same boat, Atlantis_babe34 - at least as far as essays go. No windfall on the horizon for me!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                    damn you K Rudd!!!! i want my damn money!! omg i've got one assingment left *will sell for someone to write it for me* lol
                    *grins evilly*

Guess what? No really, guess!!!

I GOT A K-RUDD BONUS!!!!!

I didn't think I was supposed to get one, and then I got my letter from centrelink telling me how much they had to backpay me, and it included an immediate payment of $950!!!! And I thought I had contacted Centrelink too late to get it! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!(d)!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Bekki, my son just saw your sig and said, "That's scary."
                      sigpic

Comment

*grins evilly*

I didn't think I was supposed to get one, and then I got my letter from centrelink telling me how much they had to backpay me, and it included an immediate payment of $950!!!! And I thought I had contacted Centrelink too late to get it! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!(d)!!!!!!!!!!
                        Drinks are on Bekki, then!!!

Comment

*grins evilly*

heh.....Ms. Moneybags.....

and I concur.....drinks are on you....

Comment

((((Amy and daughter)))) Hope she gets to go to her prom, or that they only reschedule it and not cancel. As you say, if the virus is around it's going to get spread anyway unless everyone stays at home. Hope you all stay well and healthy
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              ((((Amy and daughter)))) Hope she gets to go to her prom, or that they only reschedule it and not cancel. As you say, if the virus is around it's going to get spread anyway unless everyone stays at home. Hope you all stay well and healthy
                              Thanks LAD and Josiane for the well wishes. At this moment I'm not sure what all the fuss is over since nothing as even been reported in our city, not even other types of flu.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

It really does seem like a storm in a teacup. I know the authorities have to play it safe, but the media outlets oughtta be shot for creating such a fuss. The crazy thing is, I read an article today that said 3,500 people in Illinois alone will die from the flu this year. That's the REGULAR flu, folks, not some special brand. It's a killer every year, and in FAR bigger numbers than the number of deaths swine flu has so far been responsible for. YEESH. I'd love to see swine flu reported on in a responsible fashion, with graphs showing the numbers of people who die in a given region each year from normal old flu and then a little blip at the bottom showing the percent which had some rarefied form of the virus. It'd put things in perspective in a hurry!

Comment

Working...
                                X