Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
    I wish! That would be awsomeness!

Aww, our cats could play together! We could set up kitty play dates!

Not for Jena...

AND...You education peeps out there...I know what Jena's answer will be...but I just need some help right now. Did you ever feel so discouraged while looking for a J-O-B? I feel so discouraged right now, I just want to cry, in fact I have cried, and just now I almost had a panic attack. I am just so scared that no school will want me...Did you guys ever feel that way? As if no one would hire you...ever? I'm sure that it happens in every job field, but I don't know, it just seems more 'personal' in teaching, because we are teaching the future of our nation, and our world. It's like, why do the two girls that are ST with me both have jobs and I have...nothing? Just wondering...my self-worth is not looking too bright right now, sorry for the pity party...
    (((((Brooke))))) You may just have to apply further away from home. I know you don't want to, but you might have to move where the jobs are available. I know that elementary positions are very competitive--high school math and science, not so much. A job will come your way. Keep filling out applications. I know that teachers still have until some time in June before they have to resign, so keep applying. You never know what will come up in the next month.
    sigpic
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
      (((((Brooke))))) You may just have to apply further away from home. I know you don't want to, but you might have to move where the jobs are available. I know that elementary positions are very competitive--high school math and science, not so much. A job will come your way. Keep filling out applications. I know that teachers still have until some time in June before they have to resign, so keep applying. You never know what will come up in the next month.
      You are so great, Amy! Thanks Thread-Mommy for the little boost! Oh, I hope people resign...or husbands get transfered! Please, Lord! That is all. But why does it always seem so easy for everyone else...when I know this is a calling that has been put on my life? It just isn't fair...there, I said it! Okay...seriously...end of rant. Really, thanks, Amy!

Comment

AND...You education peeps out there...I know what Jena's answer will be...but I just need some help right now. Did you ever feel so discouraged while looking for a J-O-B? I feel so discouraged right now, I just want to cry, in fact I have cried, and just now I almost had a panic attack. I am just so scared that no school will want me...Did you guys ever feel that way? As if no one would hire you...ever? I'm sure that it happens in every job field, but I don't know, it just seems more 'personal' in teaching, because we are teaching the future of our nation, and our world. It's like, why do the two girls that are ST with me both have jobs and I have...nothing? Just wondering...my self-worth is not looking too bright right now, sorry for the pity party...
        I will say my current job:

-was the last place I applied
        -was the last interview I did
        -hired me less than a month before school started

It seems like...duh, of course the last place you applied and interviewed at is the one that hired you, but that's not necessarily the case. You have so many apps out and schools calling at different times(mostly at the end of July! ). That last interview I took, I took it even when I was pretty sure somewhere else would hire me. I wasn't even seriously considering the place, but I'm so glad I did. You never know which school will call or when. The school that contacted you in April may not contact you again until July, after all your other interviews are said and done. The last school you go visit could just be a dead end. You never know. All I know is after looking and looking, it all happened soooo fast.

Keep your head up!
        Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 23 April 2009, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          I will say my current job:

-was the last place I applied
          -was the last interview I did
          -hired me less than a month before school started

It seems like...duh, of course the last place you applied and interviewed at is the one that hired you, but that's not necessarily the case. You have so many apps out and schools calling at different times(mostly at the end of July! ). That last interview I took, I took it even when I was pretty sure somewhere else would hire me. I wasn't even seriously considering the place, but I'm so glad I did. You never know which school will call or when. The school that contacted you in April may not contact you again until July, after all your other interviews are said and done. The last school you go visit could just be a dead end. You never know. All I know is after looking and looking, it all happened soooo fast.

Keep your head up!
          And...again...I just don't feel this way right now. I have my resume and all out to several districts...have any of them called. Nope, not one. So yeah, it's difficult...it really is...especially when it seems everyone has a job (and a sense of security...but you). I don't know what I'll do if I don't have a job in August. But everyone tells me to think positive! Oh...wait everyone that tells me that has a job......hmmm....

Comment

And...again...I just don't feel this way right now. I have my resume and all out to several districts...have any of them called. Nope, not one. So yeah, it's difficult...it really is...especially when it seems everyone has a job (and a sense of security...but you). I don't know what I'll do if I don't have a job in August. But everyone tells me to think positive! Oh...wait everyone that tells me that has a job......hmmm....
            Send it to more districts. Go online to every district you can find and apply!
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Like I said, it was well into summer before people started calling. It's only April-there is still time!
              Originally posted by gater62 View Post
              Send it to more districts. Go online to every district you can find and apply!
              Yay! Apply!

Comment

I have to agree with everyone else. You have to be willing to move if necessary, especially for your first job out of college. Keep your mind open to the possibilites...and we're all telling you to stay positive cuz we were all exactly where you are before we got our secure little jobs. (And mine isn't that secure...I'm a copy editor in the newspaper business...a dying industry).
                sigpic

Comment

it took me 3 months to find a job and i appllied everywhere.. it will happen. keep you head up!!
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

So today I bought myself a computer. Its my VERY own. Im very excited! I got myself a wireless router as well, and set everything up by myself. Then as my first act on my computer I bought tickets to the next football game.

Hope everyone has been having a good week.

Thankyou to Jann who made my signature

Comment

Originally posted by k8tyds View Post
                      So today I bought myself a computer. Its my VERY own. Im very excited! I got myself a wireless router as well, and set everything up by myself. Then as my first act on my computer I bought tickets to the next football game.

Woohoo(d)!!! Does it have a name? It needs a name!!

Also - did you buy it with your K-Rudd bonus?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by k8tyds View Post

I remember how excited I was when I bought my first computer that was just for me. It's a happy day! Congratulations!
                        sigpic

Comment

Kim, Bloodhound arrived *runs around excitedly*!!! 106 pages in already . Teehee!!!!!

Comment

yay!!!!!!! technological independence....

Comment

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I passed my test! Now all I have to do is wait for graduation! I applied for certification and now three weeks after graduation I will be a REAL teacher!!!! OMG!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Okay, that is all.

Comment

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I passed my test! Now all I have to do is wait for graduation! I applied for certification and now three weeks after graduation I will be a REAL teacher!!!! OMG!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Okay, that is all.
                                Hooray! Congrats!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X