This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil
    As is most violence when it is born of religious doctrine.
    Violence is born of human depravity. People use religion (or philosophy or politics or music) to channel their pent up desires, frustrations and ambitions.

Comment

Originally posted by terrestrial_man
      Israel is the responsible party.

Blaming the victim. Nice.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
      - Stephen Colbert
      "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
        This happens every single day in the MSM, which is why I don't watch it.
        Good idea!

You have to know one thing: The Israelis are incredible fighters.
        They have fought Iraq, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan multiple
        times. The four-country alliance mentioned above faced Israel in
        the 1967 Six Day War and the result was: for Israel 679 dead
        Everyone else: 21,000 dead. You've got to give credit to
        those Israelis.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
          Good idea!

You have to know one thing: The Israelis are incredible fighters.
          They have fought Iraq, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan multiple
          times. The four-country alliance mentioned above faced Israel in
          the 1967 Six Day War and the result was: for Israel 679 dead
          Everyone else: 21,000 dead. You've got to give credit to
          those Israelis.
          Not just that, but their technical ingenuity. They "steal" (buy) our weapons, and then immediately begin altering them, allowing them to become ten times more frightening than they are now.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalVeteran
            Blaming the victim. Nice.
            Victim my arse, civilian to military ratio Israel have killed alot more civilians than Hezbollah.

I think it's sick that people think Israel are the 'good guys'. They blame this on their Soldiers being captured but that has happened lots of times over the past few years, I don't know what they're motives are but they aren't the 'official' ones.
            Last edited by jenks; 20 July 2006, 09:45 AM.

Comment

What would happen if their missiles kill innocent British or US citizens? That would be a BIG oops.
              "You don't know half of it".
              Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
              (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum
                What would happen if their missiles kill innocent British or US citizens? That would be a BIG oops.
                Who's missiles?

Comment

The Israelis'. I don't know how accurate their targeting is but it is looking like that they are not working as miliants keep firing back.
                  "You don't know half of it".
                  Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                  (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Israeli weapons are far more powerful and accurate than Hezbollah's.

For the most part, they are fighting an air war. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see a joint stand down as soon as two weeks. I think Hezbollah's going to exhaust themselves.

Civilian casualties are in the end expected. As sorry as I feel for them, I only blame the Hezbollah leaders hiding out in those civilian areas.

And not true, Israel has suffered years and years of terrorist attacks, with many, many deaths. I agree with their attempts to flush out Hezbollah and Hamas, it was bound to happen eventually. My main concern is what's going on in Iran and N. Korea, though I find it funny we've practically forgotten about what's happening with Insane Jong Il.

Comment

Meaning that they are flying American-built F-16C fighters.
                      Yet, as rarocks24 said, the Israelis have the incredible ability
                      to modify their weapons.

With an F-16C you've got:

2 AiM-9 Sidewinder Missiles

4 AiM-12 Sparrow Missiles for Air to Air weapons.

Air to ground -

4 Maverick Missiles for precision strikes against vehicles such as
                      tanks and Armored Personnel Carriers.

4 Unguided Freefall Bombs

Or, basically, 44,000 pounds of LGMs. (Laser Guided Munitions).

I don't know for sure if Israel has all these weapons, but it's a possiblity.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                        Victim my arse, civilian to military ratio Israel have killed alot more civilians than Hezbollah.

I think it's sick that people think Israel are the 'good guys'. They blame this on their Soldiers being captured but that has happened lots of times over the past few years, I don't know what they're motives are but they aren't the 'official' ones.
                        The Hezbollah shouldn't have kidnapped the Israeli
                        soldiers in the first place. They apparently didn't take the
                        time to consider that this might be considered a hostile
                        act to the Israelis.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                          Meaning that they are flying American-built F-16C fighters.
                          Yet, as rarocks24 said, the Israelis have the incredible ability
                          to modify their weapons.

With an F-16C you've got:

2 AiM-9 Sidewinder Missiles

4 AiM-12 Sparrow Missiles for Air to Air weapons.

Air to ground -

4 Maverick Missiles for precision strikes against vehicles such as
                          tanks and Armored Personnel Carriers.

4 Unguided Freefall Bombs

Or, basically, 44,000 pounds of LGMs. (Laser Guided Munitions).

I don't know for sure if Israel has all these weapons, but it's a possiblity.
                          Israel has Guided Missile Systems that follow the eye. Meaning, you look at a enemy warplane or your target, and the missile towards that target. Basically, a very advanced guidance missile system capable of surviving many obstacles.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks

I think it's sick that people think Israel are the 'good guys'.

And I cannot understand how any intelligent, educated person with ANY grasp of geopolitics and history could think that Israel is anything BUT "The Good Guys".

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                            - Stephen Colbert
                            "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalVeteran
                              And I cannot understand how any intelligent, educated person with ANY grasp of geopolitics and history could think that Israel is anything BUT "The Good Guys".
                              Because of the disinformation campaign launched by the Palestinians and Arabic world, along with the Hollywierd bigshots, CNN, FNC, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc, need I go on?

There are people that hear Whoopi Goldberg get up and say Communism is great and immediately become good little marxists. Then they smear the 67' War and 78' War and attribute all the land gains by Israel to a war mongering state (going so far as to claim they were the belligerent nation). Then we have some in the liberal academia in our schools spouting Anti-Semitic **** about how Israel is the root of all evil and that the "evil" Neocons are involved in a "zionist" plot for Israel.

It's disgusting, and one reason why I hate government classes in College.

It's disgusting that people like Ward Churchill and Cindy Sheehan go spouting off this anti-semitic ****. I feel for the loss of her child, but I don't feel for her.

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum

The point is that it WOULD be an "Ooops".

Israel does the same thing that all modern civilizations do. They bend over backwards to try to avoid what is called "Collateral Damage", often to the point of passing up legitimate military targets when they can't get the civillian risk down to an acceptably low level.

Hezbollah, Hamas and other Islamo-Fascist extremists on the other hand, specifically TARGET civillians. INTENTIONALLY.

You want to know how really rotten these A-Holes are...?

In September of 1970 a group of Fedayeen attempted a military coup in Jordan against King Hussein.
                                (No relation to Saddam.)
                                In response, Hussein declared martial law and proceeded to "Go Medieval" on them; massacring thousands.

In response, these losers formed a Terrorist Organization known as Black September.

And then what did these brave Warriors of Allah do?

Attack King Hussein?
                                Try again to overthrow his government?
                                Try to destroy his infrastructure?
                                Make even a token attempt to stand up to Hussein's military?

Pffft!

These brave warriors raided the 1972 Olympics in Munich and killed 11 members of the Israeli team. They killed a bunch of UNARMED Jewish jocks.

And yet there are STILL people who think Israel is "The Bad Guy".

- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X