This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
    While I support Israels right to defend themself, I don't support the way they did it nor do I support any other action they've taken the last decade.

I'm quite anti-Israel (Government, not the people)
    OK... Time for this old fart to vent a little bit.

So you support Israel's right to defend herself? Gee... Mighty caucasion of you.

A lot of people are anti-Israel and have been for many years; which is why large numbers of people in that area have been playing "Kill the Jew" for many decades. Not that it's a new game or anything.

Sorry if this sounds a bit snarky, but Israel doesn't require your support.

As far as the actions they have taken in the last "whenever", Israel has shown more restraint that any other nation on this planet ever has or ever will. Frankly, that's probably been their biggest mistake.

I am GLAD to see that they have finally decided to take the gloves off and take care of business. There's only one way to deal with someone who is determined to kill you and has made multiple unsuccessful attempts.

On a side note, which I will be AMAZED if anyone around here gets the reference on... (It's an age commentary, not an intelligence one.)
    It sure would be nice if the USSR and the KGB had been nice enough to clean up the mess that they created all over that part of the planet.
    Unfortunately, they folded and now WE'RE stuck with the mess.

I only wish that the American people understood as well as the Israeli people the reality of the situation we're in.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
    - Stephen Colbert
    "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalVeteran
      Don't kid yourself that this is about religion. Religion in these situations is nothing more than a convenient excuse.
      Oh its about religion. Its about religion not as en excuse but as a tool. Religion is a tool to make their point undisputable, after all god said it (its amazing how it seems everything god said just happens to coincide with their persona desires -- something like that was in someones sig somewhere). Its about how people can take relgions to gain contol over the uneducated and make them kill themselves and others for no reason. Like the maniacs they are they start using religion as a means to control everything around them and then as their sanity unravels they begin to believe in their own press and next thing they know they are declaring themselves god. Its like a drug, a little more power, a little more control, just a little more. Its the same thing that cults use to get normally sane people to do completely insane stuff. Of course its a bigger cult, and they dont have to push the people far to get them to believe.

But if Hussain, Bin Ladin, or any of these other "leaders of the Jihad" were so much great beleivers themselves. Then why dont they go blow themselves up instead of sending other people out to do it for them. They appear to lack faith or they just think they are THAT much more important then their fellows. Why would anyone followin anyone like that except by cult of personality.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Plus, the worst part is that the Israelis are BOMBING ****ING
        CIVILIANS!! There is NO justification for that kind of act in war
        WHATSOEVER!!

Israel's belief is this: They believe that they are
        "God's chosen people" and that their actions are always done in
        the name of God. Therefore, they think that everything they do is right.

COME ON!! I do support Israel, but I've seen the terrible things that they
        do to unarmed civilians and THAT, ALONE, IS ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
          Oh its about religion.

If you insist on believing that, then nothing that happens will ever make sense to you.

But still, it's your choice.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
          - Stephen Colbert
          "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Falcon_06 -

Plus, the worst part is that the Israelis are BOMBING CIVILIANS!!
            No. Israel is bombing military targets that insist on hiding among civillians; making some civillian death unavoidable. However, they are trying as hard as they can NOT to hit civillians; unlike the people who are shooting at them who are TARGETING civillians.

There is NO justification for that kind of act in war WHATSOEVER!!
            Tell that to the terrorists who have been targeting Israeli civillians for over half a century. Let me know how that works out.

Not only is that ridiculous statement untrue, it's a$$inine.
            What's even worse is, I think you actually believe that nonsense.

I do support Israel...
            No you don't.

...but I've seen the terrible things that they
            do to unarmed civilians...

Really? As in SEEN it in person?
            The you must have been in a position to see innocent bus passengers or children in a pizza parlor that were blown apart by terrorists sent by hezbollah and hamas.

- Stephen Colbert

Comment

you realize you just described the Ori and what's going on on stargate sg1 now?

sally

Originally posted by AGateFan
              I was with you, right up until the end. Religion makes negotiating in this instance irrelevant. Unless the Muslim people as a whole take a stand that murdering innocent people is wrong AND agree that people who disagree with your religious beliefs are still basically innocent. Until then there is nothing Israel can ever do or give to make them stop. If you are being attacked by an unreasonable enemy you are left only with the option of using the force necessary to defend yourself. Sometimes taking the offensive is the best way to defend youself in the long run.

The people fighting believe that anyone that disagrees with their faith is not innocent (whether they be Jewish, Christian, atheist or another Muslim)and therefore they are free to kill them in the name of God. There is no negotiation, they don't have to negotiate because they insist they are right and that everyone else is wrong. Everyone MUST agree with EVERYTHING they say or they are evil and must be destroyed. They do not understand that there will NEVER be a world where EVERYONE agrees with them just like there will NEVER be a world where everyone agrees with Israel or the US or Britain or China or Russia...

Killing 'innocent' people is wrong, attacking legitamet military targets with the strongest possible force to create the quickest end is the way to go. But when your enemy puts thier legitamet military targets in the middle of innocents then you have a problem. Its always been a problem. The fanatics use the "weakness" of the other peoples relgious beliefs against them.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                WHATSOEVER!!

COME ON!! I do support Israel, but I've seen the terrible things that they
                do to unarmed civilians and THAT, ALONE, IS ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE!
                This is two-sided. It's pretty bad when the people are shooting rockets into Israeli homes and suicide bombing marketplaces.

As for hitting civilian areas, it's because the b******s in Hezbollah and Hamas hide out in these areas, knowing the whole Western world would find it shocking.

In the end, people have to understand that both Hezbollah and Israel have declared war against each other, and in war, civilians die. You don't think civilians didn't die when the Allies bombed German cities with incindiary weapons? Hell, Stalin told Churchill to bomb a whole city that possessed no military resistance whatsoever because refugees were fleeing from the path of the Soviet Army. In Japan, the U.S. used the same tactics on Japanese cities each day. Ironically, the same casualties that died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, died each day from air raids using incendiary bombs in Japan. It's merely warfare, and in war, innocent people die. Nobody likes it, and no one has to.

As for what the Israelis do? Your evidence? Or are you going by word of mouth by anti-semites and neonazis who try to blame everything on the Jews?
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

This whole crisis will blow over soon. In a month, all the Jews, Christians, and Muslims will be too busy killing gays during the Internationa Gay Pride Festival that's going to be taking place in Jerusalem. They'll all forget about the hatred they have towards each other and become united by their hatred of homosexuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                    This whole crisis will blow over soon. In a month, all the Jews, Christians, and Muslims will be too busy killing gays during the Internationa Gay Pride Festival that's going to be taking place in Jerusalem. They'll all forget about the hatred they have towards each other and become united by their hatred of homosexuals.

Gosh, that's right. I forgot about the Power of Trivialization.

- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                      WHATSOEVER!!

I disagree. If your enemy who is trying to kill your citizens places his troops or factories among his civilians, I will protect my civilians before I worry about his civilains.

This is proper and right and always has been.

Comment

Neither side is right, but while Israel attacks only when attacked Hezbollah sends in suicide bombers to purposely kill innocents. Israel should have known what would happen when they took over Arab land. Did they honestly think the Arab people would just lay down and let them have it, and keep it without a fight, each believe it is their land. It's a furked up situation on both sides, no winners, only losers. Organized religion is the evil of the world; the cause for the constant wars, and the reason for hate and intolerance.

Comment

'Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.'
                          ...........................................................................- Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Teylalover
                            Israel should have known what would happen when they took over Arab land.
                            Are you talking about Joshua or 1949 or what?

Recently, Israel has been giving back land and look what its got them.

Comment

Originally posted by Teylalover
                              Organized religion is the evil of the world; the cause for the constant wars, and the reason for hate and intolerance.
                              And your own tolerance is over flowing as is evident from your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                                And your own tolerance is over flowing as is evident from your statement.
                                Do you know what an ad hominem is?

Comment

Working...
                                X