This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG
    Yep. It's a huuuuggggeee problem. I haven't watched S9 since it aired either, the first time ever that I can remember it. I did watch Prototype in a re-run but only because hubs wanted to.

I can't get enthused about S10. I want to. I really do, but given what we got in S9, I just can't. I'll watch and see what happens, but I'm not expecting anything great, I'll be happy if I just get good.
    i used to go into an episode (that wasn't of interest to me), 'well, next ep then'. it was always just zoning through a few scenes and such, no biggie.

now, because of season 9, it's to see if i can *endure* these new ppl and these shabbily written stories so i can get to what i'm interested in.

i can't make up my mind if i'm going to watch the eps while they're airing, but record them to play my fave scenes later. OR, just record them and play back only the parts of interest to me (meaning skipping all the mitchell and vala stuff). what a way to watch an episode!

but i haven't made up my mind yet.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

If I taped them it would probably be like the second showing of the shows from last year, I just wouldnt have enough interest to actually watch them and they would get taped over. Thus I am just not watching at all, why get myself annoyed.... I get annoyed enough just thinking about the crp they have done (will do... ooo look more stupid cliche costuming for the hunks and babes...Xena where are yyyooooouuuuuuuuu).
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i used to go into an episode (that wasn't of interest to me), 'well, next ep then'. it was always just zoning through a few scenes and such, no biggie.

now, because of season 9, it's to see if i can *endure* these new ppl and these shabbily written stories so i can get to what i'm interested in.

i can't make up my mind if i'm going to watch the eps while they're airing, but record them to play my fave scenes later. OR, just record them and play back only the parts of interest to me (meaning skipping all the mitchell and vala stuff). what a way to watch an episode!

but i haven't made up my mind yet.

sally
        ((((Sally))))

I know what you mean. I think I'll probably watch them first run, simply because as GateFan said, if I don't, I probably won't watch them at all.
        sigpic

Comment

yeah, i watched and taped out of habit.

but, for the first time ever, i'm not buying the region 2 dvd's. I'm not gonna waste 30 dollars a disc for what i see as mediocre tv. the extras don't even interetst me since, from what i hear, it's all about mitch and vala and ....umm, WAS anyone else on the show??????

vala and cam aren't that interesting to me, nor is the 'isn't this fantastic!!!!!!!!' spin job so i'm not wasting the money. It's about half the cost of the new pocket pc that i want to buy anyway, so i'll consider that money well spent more than wasting it on dvd's i won't watch

In the unlikely event i feel like rewatching the tripe they called s9, i have my home made dvd's. they'll suffice
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've been seeing the commercials for the S9 DVD's, and they are heavily advertising the "Bonus" of getting sneek peeks at S10.
            *Wonders if they already know they won't be selling otherwise *
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              yeah, i watched and taped out of habit.

but, for the first time ever, i'm not buying the region 2 dvd's. I'm not gonna waste 30 dollars a disc for what i see as mediocre tv. the extras don't even interetst me since, from what i hear, it's all about mitch and vala and ....umm, WAS anyone else on the show??????

vala and cam aren't that interesting to me, nor is the 'isn't this fantastic!!!!!!!!' spin job so i'm not wasting the money. It's about half the cost of the new pocket pc that i want to buy anyway, so i'll consider that money well spent more than wasting it on dvd's i won't watch

In the unlikely event i feel like rewatching the tripe they called s9, i have my home made dvd's. they'll suffice
              I'd only buy the Season Nine DVDs if I knew tht the commentary was going to be something along the lines of the skit in The Simpsons - "I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry. God, I don't know what we were thinking." - or at least an acknowledgement that there were people who were unhappy with the new direction.

If TPTB recognize that there is a problem, there might be some hope of improvement but not if they think that Season Nine is the greatest thing ever to appear on a television screen.
              Last edited by ReganX; 19 June 2006, 07:00 AM.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                I'd only buy the Season Nine DVDs if I knew tht the commentary was going to be something along the lines of the skit in The Simpsons - "I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry. God, I don't know what we were thinking." - or at least an acknowledgement that there were people who were unhappy with the new direction.

If TPTB recognize that there is a problem, there might be some hope of improvement but not if they think that Season Nine is the greatest thing ever to pper on a television screen.
                Dont hold your breath.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  Dont hold your breath.
                  I've accepted that if I want decent post-Season Eight stories, I'm going to have to look to fanfic.

Comment

No attempts at subtlety.

Ensemble is certainly not something that this pic projects.

Comment

Stupid picture for a stupid show.
                      I miss stargate SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        Stupid picture for a stupid show.
                        I miss stargate SG-1.
                        I know what you mean, I was watching New Order last night and you could feel the vibe that they were a team, a family. With S9 that feeling is gone, you only get a smidgen of it, usually between Sam and Teal'c. How sad that it looks like they are being led around by a hyper puppy...Puppy Power!
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

No attempts at subtlety.

Blech! Nuff said.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                            Blech! Nuff said.
                            Every time I see that pic now I think of Landry as a short-legged dwarf. Gawd what an ill-conceived merging of photos that is! Dire!
                            scarimor

Comment

No attempts at subtlety.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that they were deliberately trying to make it look bad - like when kids do 'muscle man' poses or make faces for their school picture.

Comment

No attempts at subtlety.

eek!!!!

it's attack of the plastic people!!!!!!!

and yes, poor beau looks like a little bow legged midget the way he's positioned.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X