X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i'm bored!

i want a transcript of the shore leave con!

i'm hot! not the good kind

did i mention bored!?

and that transcript of shore leave!?

oh, and it's hot! i'm still not hot

3 days away from the season opener, and it's boring!!

finds ways of making mitchell and vala disappearing off the show. and back onto THEIR show.

k, still bored!

done whining

for now

sally
    LOL!

Comment

k, i just rewatched the season premier...

just two days after the premier, and I'M BORED.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

OK, I've waited for someone to comment on this, and I haven't seen anything on our Samanda threads... so either it's not bothering anyone else or I'm missing something....

Here's one of the things that's irking me:

On SG-1's 200th episode (the one that's a farce of a farce),
        it's going to be Mitchell's 200th trip through the gate.

Doesn't anyone have a problem with that?
        Or am I missing something?

In the middle of Season 7, we had Heroes, where the SGC was celebrating it's 1000th trip through the gate - and that was for ALL SG teams... or did I get all of that wrong? (I have to admit to only watching Heroes once, it tears my heart out).

If it took 7.5 years to get 1000 trips, that's 133.3 trips through the gate per year for ALL of the teams combined.

Now, Mitchell will have about 1.5 years of Gate travel, and the only way it could be his 200th trip through the Gate would be if he'd done all 133.3 trips/year himself for the past 1.5 years. That's an average of 2.7 trips through the gate every week - every single week!

It seems ridiculous that he would be on his 200th! trip through the Gate already. Absurd!

Comment

astrogeo, this is what I posted in the Anti-10 thread:

Originally posted by DEM, 5 July 2006
          Assume each mission involves 2 trips through the event horizon:

200/2 = 100 missions.

Episode 200 is 10.6, which would be approx. 58 weeks for Mitchell. Let's round down to one year, assuming leave time.

100 missions/52 weeks = 1.9 missions per week.

That amount of activity would be in keeping with series history, I think. Moreover, Mitchell's actual average is most likely lower than 1.9 because many missions involve more than 2 trips thru the stargate.

... then again, I wouldn't be surprised if there is dialogue in 200 that explains that Mitchell has accomplished his 200th trip In Record-Breaking Time!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            OK, I've waited for someone to comment on this, and I haven't seen anything on our Samanda threads... so either it's not bothering anyone else or I'm missing something....

Here's one of the things that's irking me:

On SG-1's 200th episode (the one that's a farce of a farce),
            it's going to be Mitchell's 200th trip through the gate.

Doesn't anyone have a problem with that?
            Or am I missing something?

In the middle of Season 7, we had Heroes, where the SGC was celebrating it's 1000th trip through the gate - and that was for ALL SG teams... or did I get all of that wrong? (I have to admit to only watching Heroes once, it tears my heart out).

If it took 7.5 years to get 1000 trips, that's 133.3 trips through the gate per year for ALL of the teams combined.

Now, Mitchell will have about 1.5 years of Gate travel, and the only way it could be his 200th trip through the Gate would be if he'd done all 133.3 trips/year himself for the past 1.5 years. That's an average of 2.7 trips through the gate every week - every single week!

It seems ridiculous that he would be on his 200th! trip through the Gate already. Absurd!
            Good point. Was the Heroes documentary to celebrate the 1,000th trip overall or SG-1's 1,000th trip?

The second interpretation would fit with Sam's statement about going on missions two or three times a week if only trips from the SGC counted but SG-1 don't always travel together - in "Spirits", for example, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c travelled through the 'gate twice without Jack, going to the Salish planet and back. Sam and Daniel were pulled from field duty and Jack was investigating on Earth in "Chain Reaction" while Teal'c was travelling with SG-3. In "Grace", Sam obviously took no part in the search for the Prometheus. Unless it was Jack's 1,000th trip, Sam's 1,000th trip, Daniel's 1000th trip or Teal'c's 1,000th trip, the numbers don't make sense but if it was only one person's milestone that was being marked, why would Sam have referred to it as "the" 1,000th trip through the gate?

If the number is to indicate the number of trips made through the 'gate from the SGC by all teams, it was probably closer to the 10,000th trip, minimum, in "Heroes".

It also ticks me off that in the 200th episode, a celebration of the show's longevity, it is the new guy's milestone trip through the stargate that is being commented on.

Mitchell will have been in just 13% of the first two hundred episodes. There shouldn't be any special focus on him for "200".
            Last edited by ReganX; 17 July 2006, 09:19 AM.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

then again, I wouldn't be surprised if there is dialogue in 200 that explains that Mitchell has accomplished his 200th trip In Record-Breaking Time!
              actually i don't expect there to be any dialogue. It'll be like jacob's 'in the past four years'....the writers have screwed up, didn't do any research and will simply gloss it over,c ause you know, we'll be too distracted by the comedic greatness that is eps 200 to notice little things like glaring continuity errors
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                Originally posted by DEM, 5 July 2006

200/2 = 100 missions.

Episode 200 is 10.6, which would be approx. 58 weeks for Mitchell. Let's round down to one year, assuming leave time.

That amount of activity would be in keeping with series history, I think. Moreover, Mitchell's actual average is most likely lower than 1.9 because many missions involve more than 2 trips thru the stargate.

... then again, I wouldn't be surprised if there is dialogue in 200 that explains that Mitchell has accomplished his 200th trip In Record-Breaking Time!
                OK, so not counting missions, but counting every time through the gate... Which means that the Heroes '1000' needs more clarification?
                Originally posted by ReganX
                Good point. Was the Heroes documentary to celebrate the 1,000th trip overall or SG-1's 1,000th trip?

The second interpretation would fit with Sam's statement about going on missions two or three times a week if only trips from the SGC counted but SG-1 don't always travel together - in "Spirits", for example, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c travelled through the 'gate twice without Jack, going to the Salish planet and back. Sam and Daniel were pulled from field duty and Jack was investigating on Earth in "Chain Reaction" while Teal'c was travelling with SG-3. In "Grace", Sam obviously took no part in the search for the Prometheus. Unless it was Jack's 1,000th trip, Sam's 1,000th trip, Daniel's 1000th trip or Teal'c's 1,000th trip, the numbers don't make sense but if it was only one person's milestone that was being marked, why would Sam have referred to it as "the" 1,000th trip through the gate?

If the number is to indicate the number of trips made through the 'gate from the SGC by all teams, it was probably closer to the 10,000th trip, minimum, in "Heroes".

It also ticks me off that in the 200th episode, a celebration of the show's longevity, it is the new guy's milestone trip through the stargate that is being commented on.

Mitchell will have been in just 13% of the first two hundred episodes. There shouldn't be any special focus on him for "200".
                I agree Regan! It's SG-1's 200th episode, not Mitchell's. Actually, would Teal'c be the only one who has been in all of those 200 eps?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Actually, would Teal'c be the only one who has been in all of those 200 eps?
                  Yep. Teal'c is the only one who's been in all 200 eps, but evidently he's always been great for wallpaper, so it doesn't matter.

When I think of S10, I do have to chuckle at the fact that Tapping and Judge are the only ones in the entire series who've been credited for every episode. Heh heh. People keep saying that AT was gone for a large amount of the season (which is, of course, true to some extent), and that CJ is now the only one who has been there the whole time. However, if Judge had actually given birth to the children he's had since the series began... Well, I just think it would've been a more even comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Yep. Teal'c is the only one who's been in all 200 eps, but evidently he's always been great for wallpaper, so it doesn't matter.

When I think of S10, I do have to chuckle at the fact that Tapping and Judge are the only ones in the entire series who've been credited for every episode. Heh heh. People keep saying that AT was gone for a large amount of the season (which is, of course, true to some extent), and that CJ is now the only one who has been there the whole time. However, if Judge had actually given birth to the children he's had since the series began... Well, I just think it would've been a more even comparison.
                    Has AT missed any other episodes besides those at the beginning of Season Nine? If not, Sam will have been in 98% of the episodes (she appeared in one of the "Avalon" eps briefly, right?) with Teal'c in 100% of them.

Comment

Has AT missed any other episodes besides those at the beginning of Season Nine? If not, Sam will have been in 98% of the episodes (she appeared in one of the "Avalon" eps briefly, right?) with Teal'c in 100% of them.
                      There's one episode where I can say she definitely wasn't shown at all (and neither was Judge/Teal'c, for that matter), and that was Prometheus Unbound.

Foreshadowing, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

200/2 = 100 missions.

Because he has to keep popping back for wee breaks
                        scarimor

Comment

There's one episode where I can say she definitely wasn't shown at all (and neither was Judge/Teal'c, for that matter), and that was Prometheus Unbound.

Foreshadowing, perhaps?
                          Oh right, I don't remember that episode very well.

In that case, AT and Sam have been in 97.5% of the first two hundred episodes and CJ and Teal'c have been in 99.5%.

Comment

Oh right, I don't remember that episode very well.

In that case, AT and Sam have been in 97.5% of the first two hundred episodes and CJ and Teal'c have been in 99.5%.
                            Hey Regan? You're really good with numbers. Just for fun (because I know you're good enough at this for it to be fun for you ), do you think you could put the other percentages up, please? I'm a bit curious, and I can help you with the eps that certain actors/characters weren't in, if you need it.

Comment

I think it probably means 200 trips through the gate for SG1, but that is completely absurd. We know they have gone through way more times than that! They go through multiple times in several episodes, and there are many "adventures" that are not shown on screen. It is just a shameless attempt to put the number 200 into episode "200". Of course, 1000th trip in "Heroes" didn't make any sense either, so.....

Comment

Hey Regan? You're really good with numbers. Just for fun (because I know you're good enough at this for it to be fun for you ), do you think you could put the other percentages up, please? I'm a bit curious, and I can help you with the eps that certain actors/characters weren't in, if you need it.
                                That could be fun. I'm going to count appearances in clipshow eps.

So Sam missed five episodes, and Teal'c missed one.

Daniel missed all of Season Six, except for "Abyss", "The Changeling" and "Full Circle", right? He was in flashbacks in "Disclosure". He wasn't in "Revelations". Did he miss any others?

Jack was only in one episode of Season Nine, and will be in one out of the first six eps of Season Ten and I know that he wasn't in "Nightwalkers", so that's twenty-five episodes he wasn't in. Anybody remember any other episodes without any appearances by Jack?

StargateWiki lists seventy episodes for Janet, plus "Ripple Effect" brings the total to seventy-one. I'm counting Hammond's appearances.

I know that Mitchell will have been in twenty-six episodes and Vala in fifteen, so that leaves Landry - aside from "Ethon", was he absent in any other Season Nine episodes? Was he in "Flesh and Blood"?

Comment

Working...
                                X