No announcement yet.

BBC's Sherlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the 2nd series started airing in the US? And if not, does anyone know when/if it will?
    sigpic

Comment

Ah, so this is where the Sherlock fans have been hiding. The Reichenbach Fall was fantastic, wasn't it? Regarding the reporter...

Spoiler:
      I know I recognize Sherlock's deduction of her from one of Doyle's stories. I think it might be The Adventure of the Naval Treaty, but I'm not certain... This is probably going to drive me insane.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      Has the 2nd series started airing in the US? And if not, does anyone know when/if it will?
      I believe it's rumored to come out around May.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        I think it's pretty obvious
        Spoiler:
        he didn't survive the fall, that was Moriarty's body taking the fall for him, knowing Moffat, he'll probably write in something like Sherlock got Molly to make a face cast of him, then he put it on Moriarty and chucked him off the roof at the right time.

Molly is the key, because it'll turn out that she identified the body, so yeah, it's probably her.

When they finally explain this, they'll probably show some extended stuff that we didn't see as flashbacks from Watson, like Holmes appearing to step off the ledge onto the roof, before stepping back on and jumping - this would be where the switch took place, yes I know Moriarty was dead at that point (well, unconscious at least), but a couple broom handles and some creative positioning from a person standing behind wouldn't be seen from someone standing where Watson was, especially if he believed he was seeing Sherlock on the ledge.
        your comment about
        Spoiler:
        "Sherlock getting Molly to make a face cast of him", made me think that Moriarty must have done something similar. I am still wondering why the girl started screaming when she saw Sherlock. Could it be that Moriarty was 'wearing' Sherlock's face while kidnapping the children?
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

and I am still wondering about this conversation between Sherlock and John:

Spoiler:

Sherlock Holmes: [talking to John on the phone while on the roof of St. Barts] I'm a fake.
          John Watson: Sherlock...
          Sherlock Holmes: The newspapers were right all along. I want you to tell Lestrade, I want you to tell Mrs. Hudson and Molly, in fact tell anyone who will listen to you... that I created Moriarty for my own purposes.
          John Watson: Ok, shut up Sherlock. Shut up. The first time we met - the first time we met, you knew all about my sister, right?
          Sherlock Holmes: Nobody could be that clever.
          John Watson: You could.
          why insisting that John should tell everyone that he's a fake? wouldn't his 'suicide' be an admission enough of his guilt?

and I did not really understand one thing, at the beginning of the episode and at the very end, what is it that John does not want to say to his shrink?
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Comment

I am so looking forward to the 3rd series ..... how long to wait? do we know when it can be expected?

I am really interested to find out how Molly
            Spoiler:
            could possibly help Sherlock ...

Sherlock: “Molly, I think I’m going to die.”
            Molly: “What do you need?”
            Sherlock: “I wasn’t everything that you think I am; everything that I think I am. But you still want to help me?”
            Molly: “What do you need?”
            Sherlock: “You.”

EDIT: I cannot watch the video posted last by John Watson on his blog (probably because I am not living in the UK). Could anyone tell me, what the video is about? Thanks. Here's the link
            EDIT2: it's okay, I found it on youtube, where I can watch it without problems
            Last edited by mi_guard; 20 January 2012, 07:03 AM.
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Comment

assume this stunt picture is from the last episode: http://twitpic.com/5r2o14
              wondering who is hanging there, the actor or a stuntman

(just saw this fan video about how to watch BBC's Sherlock and had to post it
              Last edited by mi_guard; 20 January 2012, 07:19 AM.
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Comment

interesting fan's theory about how Sherlock faked
                Spoiler:
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                  interesting fan's theory about how Sherlock faked
                  Spoiler:
                  Nothing really new to what's been said above, just in video. The only slight thought it prompted for me, the Baskerville gas was mentioned earlier as being a suitable drug (might even cause enough effect to prompt seeing Sherlock's face on any vaguely similar body) but it could also have been Ms. Adler's.

Comment

Looks like the BBC arent too happy about the American version of Sherlock...
                    http://cultfix.co.uk/bbc-not-happy-w...lock-16144.htm

Comment

I got really weepy that last 10 minutes even though the outcome is fairly well-known.
                      It was a brilliant episode but I found it hard to watch at times because the entire episode felt ominous.

Spoiler:
                      To kill a man is one thing but to destroy his reputation is another

Martin Freeman was amazing in this. Won't be surprised if he wins the BAFTA again.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Looks like the BBC arent too happy about the American version of Sherlock...
                      http://cultfix.co.uk/bbc-not-happy-w...lock-16144.htm
                      Hardly surprising.
                      But it doesn't bother me. I'm always up for more Sherlock Holmes as long as it's well done.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        We saw Sherlock jump.
                        Replying to me I assume?

Yes and no, we saw what Moffat wanted us to see, and a lot of the entire scene was from Watson's distorted and obscured POV.

Probably wise to remember we "saw" another Character of Moffat's shot and killed in another series, and all that turned out to be was a trick as well. My theory is based on the writers not straying too far from their established writing style.

Of course, (now I have to rewatch to confirm this), but didn't we see a truck drive off immediately after
                        Spoiler:
                        whoever jumped/fell appeared to hit the ground? Who calmly drives off after someone jumps off the building next to you? Maybe Sherlock landed in the truck, and with some help from say Molly, the "dead Holmes" was placed on the pavement (remember the landing spot was out of view for Watson) etc. etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that when Watson eventually works it all out, the cyclist was Sherlock.

Comment

haha answering to myself, first sign of madness.
                          Just watched that video theory and another on YT, something else I noticed,
                          Spoiler:
                          when he jumps, he's facing head out, feet in to the building, he's still facing this direction all through the fall, until just before the cut away from the landing to show Watson.

When he "lands", he's turned 90 degrees sideways, right hand facing towards the hospital.

A subtle clue there? or just a continuity error?

I'm now more leaning towards my second theory above.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            Replying to me I assume?

Yes and no, we saw what Moffat wanted us to see, and a lot of the entire scene was from Watson's distorted and obscured POV.

Probably wise to remember we "saw" another Character of Moffat's shot and killed in another series, and all that turned out to be was a trick as well. My theory is based on the writers not straying too far from their established writing style.

Of course, (now I have to rewatch to confirm this), but didn't we see a truck drive off immediately after
                            Spoiler:
                            whoever jumped/fell appeared to hit the ground? Who calmly drives off after someone jumps off the building next to you? Maybe Sherlock landed in the truck, and with some help from say Molly, the "dead Holmes" was placed on the pavement (remember the landing spot was out of view for Watson) etc. etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that when Watson eventually works it all out, the cyclist was Sherlock.
                            people have suggested that the person bumping into Watson injected him with the drug from the hound of the baskervilles - to make him see the body as Holmes
                            ----------------------------
                            You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

It's repeated again tonight on BBC3 at 8pm if anyone missed it first time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I can't verify this, but I swear, when we caught a brief glimpse of 'Sherlock's' face dead on the pavement... it was actually Moriarty's. I looked as closely as I could, because without even speculating, that thought popped into my mind.

Furthermore, I would suggest that potentially, the clue was in the title of the episode, The Reichenbach Fall aka The Richard Brooke Fall. Coincidence?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X