No announcement yet.

BBC's Sherlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a re-imagining, the characters are identical in name only.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      It's a re-imagining, the characters are identical in name only.
      Actually no... it's not so much a re-imagining as an updating. Same characters, same traits and interactions, but placed into a modern setting (with, naturally, a few adjustments made here and there to make the scenarios plausible in a modern setting - such as how or why the police these days would even let a "consulting detective" into a crime scene ).

As a long-time Sherlock Holmes fan who has read all the stories and novels many times over, I would in no way say that the characters in Sherlock are "identical in name only" to the characters from the stories. Robert Downey Jr's Sherlock Holmes movie, on the other hand... now those characters really did bear no relation to those in the stories.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        When is it supposed to start up again? Sorry, but hate the long waits. BBC should just start branching off to different genre based stations. BBC Drama, BBC sci-fi, BBC Crime noir
        No need to, in fact I think having seperate stations will become a thing of the past, especially with Google TV an Canvas.

Comment

I watched the first and second episode with my dad.. never watched or liked Doctor Who.. but this BBC show is really awesome!!! to bad that there are only three episodes! I have to say that I liked the first one more though and its much better than the RDJs Sherlock. I love both of the actors, they really good.
          sigpic

Comment

First episode of the new series aired last night. Pretty good.

Comment

Moffat - Living Legend!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Wonder what happened to my previous post... huh... Did I accidentally delete it?

Great first episode for S2. Moffat is a really clever so and so...
                That first 10 minutes was really funny. Loved all the references to canon Holmes.

Great acting there by Cumberbatch who is quickly becoming my favourite Sherlock Holmes EVAH.
                Last edited by Easter Lily; 03 January 2012, 02:48 AM.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

While I very much enjoyed the first episode of the second season, I did have trouble accepting the ending, no matter how extremely funny it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    Moffat - Living Legend!
                    Indeed!

I thought it was a wonderful, fabulous episode.

BBC1's Sherlock gets back on the case with nearly 9 million viewers

After a wait of nearly 18 months for fans, Sherlock returned to BBC1 and dominated ITV1 on New Year’s Day, with nearly 9 million viewers.

The first episode of the new three-part series may have attracted some headlines for Irene Adler actress Lara Pulver’s (Spooks, True Blood, Robin Hood) pre-watershed nudity, but this did not appear to be a turn-off for viewers, with an average of 8.8 million tuning in over 90 minutes from 8.10pm, a 30% audience share.

Sherlock was up on the best overnight figure for the first series, the 7.5 million who watched the opening episode in July 2010.

A Scandal in Belgravia soundly whipped ITV1?s terrestrial movie premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince when the two went head to head between 8.10pm and 9.40pm.

The sixth instalment of the blockbuster franchise drew an average of 3.5 million viewers (12.4%), with another 400,000 watching later on ITV1+1.

http://merenews.com/bbc1s-sherlock-g...rs-tv-ratings/

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      First episode of the new series aired last night. Pretty good.
                      Pretty good? It was AWESOME! I liked the first season of this show a lot... but A Scandal in Belgravia has just tipped me over the edge into full-on fandom. So darn clever, and funny, and gripping.

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                      Great acting there by Cumberbatch who is quickly becoming my favourite Sherlock Holmes EVAH.
                      Indeed. Also (looking at your sig) did you know he's been cast in the new Trek movie? As a baddy? Possibly Khan?
                      sigpic

Comment

Stunning episode. By the time it stopped twisting and turning I was almost breathless. High quality television. I just hope he remembers to save some of that talent for Doctor Who, which was seeming to get a little stretched...

Comment

I found it enjoyable, but not spectacular. I guessed the nature of the safe code almost immediately, which was unnerving as I'm not used to being able to predict what the Moff's going to write!
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

An excellent start to the second series - I was wondering how it would measure up, given how much I loved the first series.

I'm a little apprehensive about this week's, mainly because I've never yet seen an adaptation of The Hound of the Baskervilles that I've really enjoyed. Time will tell, though.
                            "When I need your advice Terri, I'll give the secret signal. Which is me being sectioned under the Mental Health Act"

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Indeed. Also (looking at your sig) did you know he's been cast in the new Trek movie? As a baddy? Possibly Khan?
                              Oh yes, got the news this morning. Am ecstatic.
                              I hope not Khan though please. Someone different. New time stream, new universe, new characters. Baddy is fine. Afterall, he has the Rickman voice.

Originally posted by Inquisitor
                              While I very much enjoyed the first episode of the second season, I did have trouble accepting the ending, no matter how extremely funny it was.
                              Had a sneaking suspicion about the possibility of that kind of ending. It was funny but it also did give me an anti-climactic feeling.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Samia View Post
                                An excellent start to the second series - I was wondering how it would measure up, given how much I loved the first series.

I'm a little apprehensive about this week's, mainly because I've never yet seen an adaptation of The Hound of the Baskervilles that I've really enjoyed. Time will tell, though.
                                I think I know what you mean. Wonder why do you think?
                                My feeling is that Hound is largely told rather than shown and writers seem to struggle to adapt it. Plus Holmes is not in it the entire time. Even the one with the great Basil Rathbone felt like a cut and paste job. Trying to remember what the Brett one was like.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X