Bones - Starring David Boreanaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    As much as I disliked alot of things about this episode, I'll agree with you here. They really had chemistry together.

I disliked last seasons finale more. What they did to Zack's character at the end of last season still has me pissed off.

I totally agree with you, thanks for typing it all out. (okay, I didn't think the nightclub premise bordered on stupid but I agree with the rest.
    I agree, what they did to Zack stank. But at least they never lied about it. I'm kind of hopeful that they'll find the minds they seem to have lost and get him back full time next season. One year of no-Zack and rotating idiots as lab assistance (in personality, not intellect) is plenty for my tastes.

Spoiler:
    I guess I should expand on the "night club premise was stupid" comment. I said that because it was so *not* in keeping with their personalities. For example: Brennan has an unceasing thirst for intellect, knowledge, and scientific fact to back up those things. Can you really see our Brennan being happy managing a night club?? Being a plain old business person? I sure can't.

As a matter of fact, all the things that make the characters who we love were missing from those we saw last night: Jack wasn't sure there was a conspiracy going on, he and Angela weren't fighting their attraction, Zack wasn't brilliant but naive, Sweets wasn't trying very hard to fit in with them (he was supported by them), and none of them had a desire to see justice done at the expense of all else. These were not the characters we loved. Even that freaky Zack-replacement (sorry, don't know the name) who was always spouting off strange facts wasn't doing it.

While what I saw last night did have the performers I enjoy so well, it did not have the cast of characters. And yes, David and Emily were cute together. But they weren't playing Booth and Bones.

Oh, and as for the ending, if Hanson knows what's good for him, the first line of the season premier wil be Booth saying, "Just kidding!" with that big grin of his. <g>

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    AAAAAUUGGGGHHH!!!

Big Rant here. Say it with me people.

Moonlighting crashed and burned because of terrible writing and actors being jerks. It had nothing to do with turning UST to RST!!!!

Just because some shows did it badly doesn't mean it can't be done and other shows shouldn't try it.

I absolutely agree, and thank you for saying it. If you hadn't, I would have.

The "Moonlighting" argument is something that non-shippers and/or PTB, who aren't capable of resolving a ship the right way, pull out of their butts when they want to fight giving the fans RST. And I'll add, not only was the writing terrible and the actors jerks, but it wasn't even a romance. I guess, technically, we've used improper terms for our ships by calling it UST and RST. We want a resolution to their fighting their love (much more than just sex), but what Moonlighting did was truly RST - sex and nothing else. A tumble in the hay to break the sexual tension. Maddie and Dave didn't even like each other, let alone love each other. It was, essentially, the anti-ship.

People can be sexually attracted to each other without it being love or romance, and that's what Moonlighting was.
    Last edited by Buc252; 15 May 2009, 07:20 PM.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      That had to be the most depressing episode But it was awesome seeing all of the other actors again!
      Russ was MIA and Dr. Goodman would have been a nice addition since he's been gone so long. I'm a little surprised they got Max Keenan since in real life Ryan O'Neill (Max) is going through his wife's imminent death and his son's incarceration...

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      Yeah, I'm always up for Brennen/Parker bonding, lol!!
      I don't know, what if a romance blooms between Brennan & Parker and they wind up having a daughter together bent on world domination?
      Last edited by Ripple in Space; 16 May 2009, 04:42 AM.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Trailer for the new season starting September 17th Bones - 501 - Harbingers in the Fountain

And new promo pics

sigpic

Comment

Anybody know a website where I can catch up on all the bones I missed??
          Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
          Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Where do you live? I think http://www.hulu.com works well for US citizens. And of course the official site: http://www.fox.com
            http://tvshack.net only has a few eps, I just checked.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis View Post
              Where do you live? I think http://www.hulu.com works well for US citizens. And of course the official site: http://www.fox.com
              http://tvshack.net only has a few eps, I just checked.
              Thank you!! *huggles*
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

No problem
                sigpic

Comment

Another S5 promo Bones Season Premiere Promo
                  sigpic

Comment

I just got to watch the Bones "X-Files" episode from a couple weeks ago, which I missed because of a meeting. There were a lot of fun things about this episode, especially for an XF fan, but there was one for me in particular (and anybody from the Buffalo area).

Spoiler:
                    When they go into the diner, Booth spies a picture he identifies as being from Rocketship 7, and it is! Rocketship 7 was a kids' morning TV show in Buffalo in the 60's and 70's starring, as he said, Dave Thomas - who just happens to be David Boreanaz's father! He was famous locally for this show until he moved to Philadelphia when David was probably around 8 or 9. *So* cool that they'd put this little bit of David's past into Booth's character. I wonder if that means Booth is supposed to be from Buffalo, since that's the only place he could have seen it. Have they ever said where he grew up?
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                      I just got to watch the Bones "X-Files" episode from a couple weeks ago, which I missed because of a meeting. There were a lot of fun things about this episode, especially for an XF fan, but there was one for me in particular (and anybody from the Buffalo area).

Spoiler:
                      When they go into the diner, Booth spies a picture he identifies as being from Rocketship 7, and it is! Rocketship 7 was a kids' morning TV show in Buffalo in the 60's and 70's starring, as he said, Dave Thomas - who just happens to be David Boreanaz's father! He was famous locally for this show until he moved to Philadelphia when David was probably around 8 or 9. *So* cool that they'd put this little bit of David's past into Booth's character. I wonder if that means Booth is supposed to be from Buffalo, since that's the only place he could have seen it. Have they ever said where he grew up?
                      Hey, Mary! This is what I found on Wiki...

He has stated that he is from Philadelphia, (Episode 6, Season 4) and is a fan of the Philadelphia Flyers. However, he grew up in Pittsburgh (Episode 14, Season 2). In season 1 episode 13 "The Woman in the Garden" he is seen drinking from a Pittsburgh Steelers coffee mug in his office, suggesting he may also be a fan of the football team.
                      I liked when the X-Files theme played into the Bones theme...that was great!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                        Hey, Mary! This is what I found on Wiki...

I liked when the X-Files theme played into the Bones theme...that was great!
                        Hmm . . . interesting. Booth couldn't have seen Rocketship 7 in Philadelphia. Probably one of those things we'll never get clarified.
                        - Mary

Comment

Hmm . . . interesting. Booth couldn't have seen Rocketship 7 in Philadelphia. Probably one of those things we'll never get clarified.
                          Maybe they thought no one would notice.

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                            Maybe they thought no one would notice.
                            Silly boys! They should know by now that fans notice *everything*! Like the traveling sheets somebody pointed out in another thread. LOL
                            - Mary

Comment

So what did everybody think of the episode tonight for the 100th? It was better than SG1's, for certain, but I still have mixed emotions.
                              Spoiler:
                              The background stuff was fun, and it was great to see Zack again. But I just hated that they ended it by dashing the hopes of all the shippers. It was soo close - they admitted that they loved each other! Bones was just too weak to take the next step. I swear, I nearly threw a book or a glass or a chair through the TV screen when she said that, and then he said he had to move on. They're destroying the show, and they don't care!

<rant over>
                              - Mary

Comment

So what did everybody think of the episode tonight for the 100th? It was better than SG1's, for certain, but I still have mixed emotions.
                                Spoiler:
                                The background stuff was fun, and it was great to see Zack again. But I just hated that they ended it by dashing the hopes of all the shippers. It was soo close - they admitted that they loved each other! Bones was just too weak to take the next step. I swear, I nearly threw a book or a glass or a chair through the TV screen when she said that, and then he said he had to move on. They're destroying the show, and they don't care!

<rant over>
                                so then I am guessing, you don't want to see these

Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                                sigpic
                                Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Working...
                                X