Bones - Starring David Boreanaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
    I know!!! Amanda and I were talking about it in spoilers on the SJ thread before we took it to our profile messages...

Spoiler:
    It's horribly sad!!!! Plus, based on what she was writing and then deleted, she's realized she really cares (maybe loves?) him! And now he doesn't know who she is...This better be fixed (in a shippily sufficient way) in the first episode or two of S5...
    I know they like cliffhangers, but this is ridiculous!

PS: I've decided that I'm so upset by this that any spelling errors I make for the next few days, on any thread, can be attributed to the anguish caused by this episode. Really. Don't let it influence your opinion of my future as a teacher...
    Heehee...I won't.

Spoiler:
    She DOES realize that she loves him! I thought when he woke up we might have a shippy ending...because of his dream and her revelation...but alas...HE DOESN'T REMEMBER HER! I am so shocked...it's just not right, PTB!!! Totally not right!

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      That had to be the most depressing episode
      Spoiler:
      But it was awesome seeing all of the other actors again! And then at the end...my word! *dies* arrrggghhh!! (((Bones)))

Also as well it seems that it's renewed because they said 'look for new episodes of Bones this fall' so thats good!
      Psstt...You should still put it all in spoilers, because some people haven't seen it yet...But yes, depressing and happy at the same time...Happy because of what Bones realizes, sad because of poor Booth...And yeah, I'm pretty sure they'd already said ages ago that it was picked up...
      Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
      Heehee...I won't.

Spoiler:
      She DOES realize that she loves him! I thought when he woke up we might have a shippy ending...because of his dream and her revelation...but alas...HE DOESN'T REMEMBER HER! I am so shocked...it's just not right, PTB!!! Totally not right!
      Good. Especially since we're in neighboring states...Hate for you to think they don't teach teachers as well here, lol.

Spoiler:
      I know! It's so sad that just as she's realizing she loves him (though I'd hazard that she won't call it that, just as she might commit herself to him without calling it marriage, at least at this point in her realizations, lol), he can't REMEMBER that he loves her. I was all getting ready for the shippiness, and maybe some Wizard of Ozesque "and you were there, and you, and you, and you but you were pregnant with my kid", Booth goes and has amnesia.

It better be temporary. And what if he's still not great when S5 starts? What's she going to do for a partner? The only real reason she's been able to deal with other partneres is because she could at least talk to Booth. But if he doesn't remember her, will she feel the same in talking to him?

I can't believe I have to wait until the fall to see what happens!!!!
      Last edited by TrueRomantic; 14 May 2009, 05:52 PM.
      sigpic
      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Psstt...You should still put it all in spoilers, because some people haven't seen it yet...But yes, depressing and happy at the same time...Happy because of what Bones realizes, sad because of poor Booth...And yeah, I'm pretty sure they'd already said ages ago that it was picked up...

Good. Especially since we're in neighboring states...Hate for you to think they don't teach teachers as well here, lol.

Spoiler:
        I know! It's so sad that just as she's realizing she loves him (though I'd hazard that she won't call it that, just as she might commit herself to him without calling it marriage, at least at this point in her realizations, lol), he can't REMEMBER that he loves her. I was all getting ready for the shippiness, and maybe some Wizard of Ozesque "and you were there, and you, and you, and you but you were pregnant with my kid", Booth goes and has amnesia.

It better be temporary. And what if he's still not great when S5 starts? What's she going to do for a partner? The only real reason she's been able to deal with other partneres is because she could at least talk to Booth. But if he doesn't remember her, will she feel the same in talking to him?

Thanks...can you put mine in spoilers in your quote as well?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          Yeah...the partner thing...remember last season when they 'killed'
          Booth and how upset she was when they were all going to the funeral? I don't think she'll take to a new partner too well...Oh, and remember the blonde agent woman...her name escapes me right now...

I think that him not remembering will make her even more agitated than she was then...because Booth isn't gone, he'll be right there, but he won't remember her, so it's like he's gone, but he's not....and I don't think I'm making complete sense, but in my head it makes sense.

It's got to be heartbreaking to realize the person you have probably loved for a long time and not realized it until that almost losing them moment can't even remember you. So sad. Hope this made sense in some odd, odd, odd...odd way.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Can I just say that Booth and Bones look so good with each other! Like when she was sitting on his lap in the dream or whatever it was, at the end, I was like awww!! They're so cute together!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Spoiler:
              Yeah...the partner thing...remember last season when they 'killed'
              Booth and how upset she was when they were all going to the funeral? I don't think she'll take to a new partner too well...Oh, and remember the blonde agent woman...her name escapes me right now...

I think that him not remembering will make her even more agitated than she was then...because Booth isn't gone, he'll be right there, but he won't remember her, so it's like he's gone, but he's not....and I don't think I'm making complete sense, but in my head it makes sense.

It's got to be heartbreaking to realize the person you have probably loved for a long time and not realized it until that almost losing them moment can't even remember you. So sad. Hope this made sense in some odd, odd, odd...odd way.
              Spoiler:
              EXACTLY! She'll be even more upset...And that blonde woman was the main one I was talking about...But she could still at least talk to Booth then. Now she might not even get to do that...

And you're right. She'll probably keep thinking "Oh, I should tell Booth that...But I can't tell him...He doesn't remember me..." and it will make it so much worse.

And I'm sure it is heartbreaking...Especially if he starts to remember his dream before he remebers her...Hmm...I wonder if he'll remember Parker? I bet it would be interesting to see Bones and Parker interacting about an amnesiac Booth...

Don't worry!! I thought you made complete sense!!
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                EXACTLY! She'll be even more upset...And that blonde woman was the main one I was talking about...But she could still at least talk to Booth then. Now she might not even get to do that...

And you're right. She'll probably keep thinking "Oh, I should tell Booth that...But I can't tell him...He doesn't remember me..." and it will make it so much worse.

And I'm sure it is heartbreaking...Especially if he starts to remember his dream before he remebers her...Hmm...I wonder if he'll remember Parker? I bet it would be interesting to see Bones and Parker interacting about an amnesiac Booth...

Don't worry!! I thought you made complete sense!!
                Spoiler:
                I was wondering if they'd bring Parker into the dream somehow...and oh, that would be sad if he couldn't remember his son! However, it could lead to Brennan/Parker bonding...

Oh! One more thing...I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED how he called her Bren. LOVED IT!

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I was wondering if they'd bring Parker into the dream somehow...and oh, that would be sad if he couldn't remember his son! However, it could lead to Brennan/Parker bonding...

Oh! One more thing...I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED how he called her Bren. LOVED IT!
                  Spoiler:
                  Yeah, I'm always up for Brennen/Parker bonding, lol!! I'm actually almost hoping Booth still has amnesia for several episodes, just to get in the bonding, lol.

I KNOW!!!! I loved that!!!! For some reason I only like him calling her Tempe (with a long second e) every once in awhile. And really, only in fanfics, lol. And I know Angela calls her Bren on the show, but it almost seems more intimate than anything else he could call her.

I just can't decide what I'd rather him call her for a pet name, lol. Bones, Tempe, Bren...

And I wonder what (if anything) she'd call him...If anything...
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Yeah, I'm always up for Brennen/Parker bonding, lol!! I'm actually almost hoping Booth still has amnesia for several episodes, just to get in the bonding, lol.

I KNOW!!!! I loved that!!!! For some reason I only like him calling her Tempe (with a long second e) every once in awhile. And really, only in fanfics, lol. And I know Angela calls her Bren on the show, but it almost seems more intimate than anything else he could call her.

I just can't decide what I'd rather him call her for a pet name, lol. Bones, Tempe, Bren...

And I wonder what (if anything) she'd call him...If anything...

Spoiler:
                    *sigh* I agree...more intimate...I wonder what she would call him as well. She did call him Booth...(the married Brennan did)...so I don't know what her pet name for him would be...

Comment

Okay,
                      Spoiler:
                      before I read anybody else's posts, let me just say that that was the biggest piece of crap episode I've ever seen, and especially for a season finale! What a disappointment!

Spoiler:
                      They promised us ship between *our* Booth and Bones - and we didn't get it. That wasn't our Booth nor our Bones, any more than the Jack and Sam in There but for the Grace of God were ours. If they weren't going to give it to us, they shouldn't have promised it!

In addition, the whole "nightclub" premise was stupid to me. All these people who look like our squints but aren't lying to the police and doing everything in their power to disrupt the flow of justice instead of accomplish it? That's not our crew. Even Zack wasn't Zack, and I really, really missed him.

And then to bring it all to a close with the "amnesia" cliffhanger? Ugh!!! What is the matter with these PTB? That was like watching a daytime soap opera.

Okay, rant over. This was all my personal opinion only. I'm seriously considering firing off a string of letters to these "people." Grrrrrrrr!
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        *sigh* I agree...more intimate...I wonder what she would call him as well. She did call him Booth...(the married Brennan did)...so I don't know what her pet name for him would be...
                        Spoiler:
                        Yeah, she did. And I don't know...I guess she could call him by his first name, but really, I just can't see her calling him Seely that often. Maybe only if she was mad at him, lol. I wonder what his middle name is. She might call him some variation of that...

And I can see it, but I would hope she wouldn't call him Booth for their entire relationship. It's just not intimate enough, lol. Huh...This is really going to make me think, lol!!

(((Mary))) I'm sorry you were so upset/disappointed with it...It's kind of a love/hate thing with me...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Can I just say that Booth and Bones look so good with each other! Like when she was sitting on his lap in the dream or whatever it was, at the end, I was like awww!! They're so cute together!
                          As much as I disliked alot of things about this episode, I'll agree with you here. They really had chemistry together.

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                          Okay,
                          Spoiler:
                          before I read anybody else's posts, let me just say that that was the biggest piece of crap episode I've ever seen, and especially for a season finale! What a disappointment!
                          I disliked last seasons finale more. What they did to Zack's character at the end of last season still has me pissed off.

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          They promised us ship between *our* Booth and Bones - and we didn't get it. That wasn't our Booth nor our Bones, any more than the Jack and Sam in There but for the Grace of God were ours. If they weren't going to give it to us, they shouldn't have promised it!

In addition, the whole "nightclub" premise was stupid to me. All these people who look like our squints but aren't lying to the police and doing everything in their power to disrupt the flow of justice instead of accomplish it? That's not our crew. Even Zack wasn't Zack, and I really, really missed him.

And then to bring it all to a close with the "amnesia" cliffhanger? Ugh!!! What is the matter with these PTB? That was like watching a daytime soap opera.

Okay, rant over. This was all my personal opinion only. I'm seriously considering firing off a string of letters to these "people." Grrrrrrrr!
                          I totally agree with you, thanks for typing it all out. (okay, I didn't think the nightclub premise bordered on stupid but I agree with the rest.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I have very mixed feelings about this episode. In one way, I enjoyed it for what it was, however I think as a season finale, it lacked something.

Spoiler:
                            It did show us the inner workings of Booth's/Brennan's minds. Not sure how much of what we saw was Booth's dream and Brennan's story, but we definitely got a lot of insight into them both. And really, if they're going into a fifth season, how else can they relieve the UST and reveal the feelings except through a dream or story. If it was resolved, it would most likely destroy the show (Moonlighting anyone?).

It's really very similar to SG-1's "Beneath the Surface". We see beneath the surface, into the subconscious, that even when they're not themselves, Sam and Jack, as well as Booth and Brennan, are drawn to each other at a fundamental level. And if that's not confirmation, I don't know what is.

There were also some interesting undercurrents going on with all the various characters, pulling from various things that have happened, but I need to go back and watch it again before commenting further.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                              I have very mixed feelings about this episode. In one way, I enjoyed it for what it was, however I think as a season finale, it lacked something.

Spoiler:
                              It did show us the inner workings of Booth's/Brennan's minds. Not sure how much of what we saw was Booth's dream and Brennan's story, but we definitely got a lot of insight into them both. And really, if they're going into a fifth season, how else can they relieve the UST and reveal the feelings except through a dream or story. If it was resolved, it would most likely destroy the show (Moonlighting anyone?).

It's really very similar to SG-1's "Beneath the Surface". We see beneath the surface, into the subconscious, that even when they're not themselves, Sam and Jack, as well as Booth and Brennan, are drawn to each other at a fundamental level. And if that's not confirmation, I don't know what is.

There were also some interesting undercurrents going on with all the various characters, pulling from various things that have happened, but I need to go back and watch it again before commenting further.

Spoiler:
                              I totally agree with the bolded part. As much as I would love to see this (and my other ship) resloved/confirmed I would hate to see something I would love so much (ship) destroy a show. I would rather wait until the end to have the ship resolved. That is just MHO.

I agree that the dream, and what Brennan wrote reveal their feelings for the other. They love each other, plain as day.

Comment

AAAAAUUGGGGHHH!!!

Big Rant here. Say it with me people.

Moonlighting crashed and burned because of terrible writing and actors being jerks. It had nothing to do with turning UST to RST!!!!

Just because some shows did it badly doesn't mean it can't be done and other shows shouldn't try it.
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X