Bones - Starring David Boreanaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
    So what did everybody think of the episode tonight for the 100th? It was better than SG1's, for certain, but I still have mixed emotions.
    Spoiler:
    The background stuff was fun, and it was great to see Zack again. But I just hated that they ended it by dashing the hopes of all the shippers. It was soo close - they admitted that they loved each other! Bones was just too weak to take the next step. I swear, I nearly threw a book or a glass or a chair through the TV screen when she said that, and then he said he had to move on. They're destroying the show, and they don't care!

<rant over>
    That was a tame rant compared to what was going on in my head.
    Spoiler:
    It destroyed the past 5 yrs. The whole premise the tension was built on. Here I was thinking things were building up from nothing and they were afraid, worried about taking the next step when they already had way back at the beginning. Makes me feel like the whole thing was a sham. And it wasn't just the Booth/Bones thing.

The way the other characters beginnings were portrayed didn't fit either. I was under the impression they'd known each other for years and had a deep long friendship only to find it had been just a year. I suppose in a year you can become good friends and co workers but from the beginning of the 1st ep it felt much more than that only to have it protrayed in this ep as a quickie thrown together I hate you and somehow poof we're great buddies.

As much as I like seeing Zack again, it just reminds of how they trashed his character and puts me back in that pissed off mood.

And then that ending. Made me want to wash out my mind with soap. The way Bones acted seemed more the way she would have responded 5 yrs ago, not now. I thought she had grown alot in how she relates to people and love etc in the 5 yrs of the show only to be told she hadn't. That she is the same person now that she was then in spite of all the events and things she's gone thru with Booth, her father etc nothing's changed.

I haven't been as dilligent watching the show this year, and was feeling a little guilty if they really were going to do something with the relationship. Thinking I needed to go find the eps I missed but guess my subconscious was trying to tell me something. They had a good 1st 2 yrs and the rest has been up and down. You can only piss me off so many times before I give up.

So I'm going to borrow the line Booth used at the end and move on.

Bye.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

100th So bitter sweet! loved it!
      sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
        That was a tame rant compared to what was going on in my head.
        Spoiler:
        It destroyed the past 5 yrs. The whole premise the tension was built on. Here I was thinking things were building up from nothing and they were afraid, worried about taking the next step when they already had way back at the beginning. Makes me feel like the whole thing was a sham. And it wasn't just the Booth/Bones thing.

The way the other characters beginnings were portrayed didn't fit either. I was under the impression they'd known each other for years and had a deep long friendship only to find it had been just a year. I suppose in a year you can become good friends and co workers but from the beginning of the 1st ep it felt much more than that only to have it protrayed in this ep as a quickie thrown together I hate you and somehow poof we're great buddies.

As much as I like seeing Zack again, it just reminds of how they trashed his character and puts me back in that pissed off mood.

And then that ending. Made me want to wash out my mind with soap. The way Bones acted seemed more the way she would have responded 5 yrs ago, not now. I thought she had grown alot in how she relates to people and love etc in the 5 yrs of the show only to be told she hadn't. That she is the same person now that she was then in spite of all the events and things she's gone thru with Booth, her father etc nothing's changed.

I haven't been as dilligent watching the show this year, and was feeling a little guilty if they really were going to do something with the relationship. Thinking I needed to go find the eps I missed but guess my subconscious was trying to tell me something. They had a good 1st 2 yrs and the rest has been up and down. You can only piss me off so many times before I give up.

So I'm going to borrow the line Booth used at the end and move on.

Bye.
        I'll write more later, but I totally agree with you, Thunderstorm. It was ridiculous that Cam was even in there during the flashbacks, and Dr. Goodman *should*have been there but was not. (Yes, I'm still sore that we lost him. He was a fun character.) This episode flew in the face of canon in biblical proportions, and I gotta wonder what they were smoking when they wrote it!

More later . . .
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I actually forgot that Bones was on last night until I came on GW this morning while getting ready for work. After reading Mary's spoiler (I had to! The word rant was right there in her post!) I had to watch the ep for myself.

Spoiler:
          I fast forwarded most of the episode, caught the highlights. Saw the kiss, and the fight.

Then the stupidest thing ever happened.

Booth told Brennan he loved her and she threw it in his face. WTF! I mean...come on. It really was as if Brennan had regressed and hadn't grown at all in five years. That was really disappointing. I mean...really. I don't know what they're thinking. Are they seriously thinking that most fans want to see what happened last night?

I mean, this ship isn't like most on TV. It's there, kind of 'in your face' sort of thing. I don't know if there are any people out there that would say there isn't something between these two. I mean, there probably are, but I've never heard of any.

Umm...yeah. I don't know what to say except, I think they did the character of Bones a disservice by making her still so cold and unloving. She's grown! She has become more aware of people's feelings and even her own.

This episode was horrible. I hated it.

Oh! I too hated that Dr. Goodman was left out of the episode and how Cam was put into the ep. So rude.

Comment

Okay, what did everybody think of the finale last night? I have mixed emotions, but over everything else, I'm just struck again by how good David is at emoting Booth's feelings. He doesn't have to say a word and you know exactly what he's going through.

One question:
            Spoiler:
            Does everybody think that, when they come back in the fall, a year will have passed?

Personally, what I would like to see is Booth get hurt in the war zone - not too bad, but bad enough - and have Bones get the word, not know how bad it is, and come running to check on him. If tht happened, then maybe she'd stop being so scared of her own emotions and let herself show her love for him!
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I'm thinking that we're going to have an "Affair to Remember" homage. In that movie
              Spoiler:
              they're supposed to meet at the top of the Empire State Building at a certain time. She doesn't show up, he thinks she doesn't care, then finds out she was hurt.

So, I'm thinking that Booth won't show up, Brennan will think something happened, and find out that he's in a VA hospital, with damage from the war
              sigpic

Comment

I like both of those scenerios.

Bones and time:
                Spoiler:
                I think when we come back for the fall a year will have passed. Hopefully distance and time will have Brennan's heart grow fonder and she will be willing to tell Booth that she loves him too.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                  I'm thinking that we're going to have an "Affair to Remember" homage. In that movie
                  Spoiler:
                  they're supposed to meet at the top of the Empire State Building at a certain time. She doesn't show up, he thinks she doesn't care, then finds out she was hurt.

So, I'm thinking that Booth won't show up, Brennan will think something happened, and find out that he's in a VA hospital, with damage from the war
                  I've never seen that movie, but I really love that idea!!! Maybe, as a result of his tumor, he doesn't remember how to survive in a war zone anymore.

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                  I like both of those scenerios.

Bones and time:
                  Spoiler:
                  I think when we come back for the fall a year will have passed. Hopefully distance and time will have Brennan's heart grow fonder and she will be willing to tell Booth that she loves him too.
                  I hope so. Hard to believe that anybody can be as screwed up as she is.
                  - Mary

Comment

Hi.
                    The Bones Fans (GW Social Group) President (Me) would like to invite you to The Bones Summer Rewatch. We will be watching every ep before season 6 starts. We start today with the Pilot. Thank you.
                    (Click my siggie for the link. )
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi again.
                      I would just like to share a few articles on the 100th and finale.
                      The 100th
                      Finale.
                      These really helped me get some perspective.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                        Hi again.
                        I would just like to share a few articles on the 100th and finale.
                        The 100th
                        Finale.
                        These really helped me get some perspective.
                        I agree, I think most of what is in the articles is true now. I only hope that it will also hold to be true next season.
                        Last edited by Jper; 13 June 2010, 01:25 AM.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Okay, folks. It's been awhile since the season finale. Has anybody heard any spoilers for the new season? Anything at all? I really need some hope that something good will come out of what they did in the last episode.
                          - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                            Okay, folks. It's been awhile since the season finale. Has anybody heard any spoilers for the new season? Anything at all? I really need some hope that something good will come out of what they did in the last episode.
                            I just found these spoilers...

Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            Warning...I just don't like the spoilers at all...

Spoiler:
                            “The start of the season will have Booth and Brennan meeting [12 months later] at the coffee cart, and the series will start again... though on very different footing,” Stephan Nathan told EW.com. “There will be big changes.”

Such as (gulp!) new relationships for Booth and/or Brennan? These two will meet up again, but "perhaps not alone," Nathan teased.

He added: “There’s a potential for a new recurring character or two next season. After multiple seasons, the producer said: “Our intention was to really shake things up, so that we don’t just come back with the same dynamic.”

It seems these spoilers have been out for a couple of months, actually the day after the season finale, but I hadn't read them.

Comment

so tempted to start watching this!!

i've always loved davids work
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                so tempted to start watching this!!

i've always loved davids work
                                It's a great show, you should watch it. But start from the beginning because it'll give you a better idea of what's gong on. S1-S4 is out on DVD to rent.
                                - Mary

Comment

Working...
                                X