This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    Lastly, i don't think they're going to drill at any existing stargate audience, but rather completely aim at Mainstream audiences
    That's where the most money can be made. Make sure the widest of audiences goes to see it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      That's where the most money can be made. Make sure the widest of audiences goes to see it.
      I might sound like a salesman right now, but.... It's also where a new audience for Stargate can be found. This could be a very good thing for Stargate, even the old shows.

Comment

I might sound like a salesman right now, but.... It's also where a new audience for Stargate can be found. This could be a very good thing for Stargate, even the old shows.
        Indeed, it is.

Comment

Why the hell would say, a 12 year old(my age when the original Stargate movie came out) watch an SG reboot film having had no previous experience with Gate and then think the pre-reboot TV shows from as far back as the late 90s would be worth a look? They won't have any relevance to the film they just saw!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            Why the hell would say, a 12 year old(my age when the original Stargate movie came out) watch an SG reboot film having had no previous experience with Gate and then think the pre-reboot TV shows from as far back as the late 90s would be worth a look? They won't have any relevance to the film they just saw!
            Because it has the word stargate in it?

Really, have you never ever seen any kind of reboot and wondered what the original was like? Even if you only looked at it for 10 seconds and though "that's ****"?

Comment

Really, have you never ever seen any kind of reboot and wondered what the original was like? Even if you only looked at it for 10 seconds and though "that's ****"?
              Several times. Heck for some, if i have not already SEEN the original, i try to see it before i see the reboot.

Comment

I don't think TV ages very well so parent series occasionally but not really original versions of reboots.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Exactly. I always do this. Always. Out of pure curiosity.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    I don't think TV ages very well so parent series occasionally but not really original versions of reboots.
                    Well to be honest i can't watch just about anything SG1 before season 7 because it hurts my eyes too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Stargate isn't as well known as you may believe. It may have been succesfull butit certainly doesn't have the same status as Trek or Wars. Not by a long shot.
                      true that and that is why I think this reboot will flop but the tv franchise is still my personal favorite Sci-Fi tried to give you green but couldn't
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                        true that and that is why I think this reboot will flop
                        This is exactly why it's a big screen adaptation this time in stead of a straight-to-DVD movie. MGM is pulling out the big guns. This isn't going to be a small something something on a relatively obscure TV channel.

Comment

This is exactly why it's a big screen adaptation this time in stead of a straight-to-DVD movie. MGM is pulling out the big guns. This isn't going to be a small something something on a relatively obscure TV channel.
                          The reaction of the audience will most likely be along the lines of: "Hey now, what's this Stargate-thing? Maybe we should check it out?"

They don't need/want the old audience. They need/want the new audience.

Comment

Which might turn some of those new folk off knowing it has such a big history.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Then we need to keep it quiet until afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Many reboots have a big history, doesnt stop people from going.
                                Last edited by thekillman; 01 September 2015, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X