Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair how many people rubbished the reboot of BSG before that started.
    Yes the original was a classic but cheesy as **** 70's show...

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
      Although the BSG reboot was not made by the original creators. At least it had a fresh set of eyes. The Stargate reboot will be in the hands of the original creators. Although Devlin and Emmerich are not writing, they will have a significant impact on the direction of the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
        And the original is still a classic!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I don't care who's writing the new movies, while I am very interesting in ID2...it'll take one hell of a lot to touch what'll purely be a partial SG reset decided by D+Es egos.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i keep waiting for mgm to realize this is a huge and honkin' mistake.

but at least there's still the official stargate novels. thank god! (((fandemonium)))

Agreed
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
              First reaction.

How serious are they with this reboot to give the writing job to struggling TV actors. I understand its the lesser of the "Star****" franchises, but i expected a higher level of experience to be attached to the project. They're rebooting a freaking franchise with a trilogy for crying out loud.

On the plus side, they're Canadians, so theres that in common with the TV series writers.
              i also find it amusing that there's another 'wright' and 'woods' involved in stargate.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                I don't care who's writing the new movies, while I am very interesting in ID2...it'll take one hell of a lot to touch what'll purely be a partial SG reset decided by D+Es egos.
                and revenge.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Interesting - but more amused that it's a Wright and a Woods.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I still have no interest again if I see it much bribery will be involved
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                      I still have no interest again if I see it much bribery will be involved
                      I bet Fifty Shades doesn't require a bribe? And that's probably worse in quality.

Comment

The only people bribed were the boyfriends who had to go see that movie. Quality is a subjective term. Some people think reality TV is quality.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          The only people bribed were the boyfriends who had to go see that movie.
                          Did you get bribed?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I bet Fifty Shades doesn't require a bribe? And that's probably worse in quality.
                            0% interest in that not my thing
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                              0% interest in that not my thing
                              Your own personal taste is not really the point
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ngewakl View Post
                                The writers of Independance Day 2 are writing the new Stargate movie. http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/907328 Any thoughts? I personally don't think it should be rebooted but I feel with writers other than emmerich and devlin, the movie may be ok.
                                Their names sounded familiar, then I checked their profiles out on IMDB, and I realized they were both actors in a low budget Canadian film I'm fond of, called Hatley High. They have 30 and 40 acting credits, but besides a couple of short film credits for Wright, Independence Day 2 and Stargate are their first feature length writing jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X