This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    There isn't an episode that I've absolutely postively hated with a passion as hot as the fire of a thousand suns or anything but I was disapointed with Full Circle. The ascension thing really bugged me but as there in another thread devoted to that topic I won't go on further. As a season ender it was disapointing if it had been the series ender I probably would have kicked my t.v. But still not complete and utter crap or anything.
    In terms of an episode that I was expecting to be wonderful and ended up feeling extremely let down by, Full Circle was the one.

Yes, it had some great moments in it but overally, when it had finished I just sat there thinking that if it really had been the last ever ep, it would have depressed the hell out of me. As it was the thing with the Abydonians just made me angry.

Comment

I started watching the show on SciFi Mondays so I saw most of the series in a relatively short space of time. No expectations, no disappointments. I just sat back and enjoyed watching the stories unfold. But I did come across some spoilers for season 7 that influenced my enjoyment. Most notably concerning Space Race and Heroes.
      s
      p
      o
      i
      l
      e
      r
      s
      p
      a
      c
      e
      Space Race: I expected a race with no rules to be more exciting. But it wasn't. Amanda Tapping seemed to be having fun and that made the episode fun to watch. But it wasn't as good as I expected.

Heroes: I knew I wasn't going to like this one but I did expect Janet's death to be done better. Janet died but the episode was made to be about Jack who was hardly in it. Not well done at all.

As expectations have only led to disappointment, I don't read spoilers anymore.

Comment

Space Race or Avenger, for reasons already stated.

The Man

Comment

The Episode that dispionted me the most was Betweeen to Fires the last Tolan one
          I'm not here man
          Hello it was me

Comment

I loved Between Two Fires although I was very sad at the end.

Why couldn't they have done an Orpheus type storyline with Narim?? WHY?!
            ------
            Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Abyss was a little overhyped for my liking though thinking back it still had it's moments.

Can't put my finger on what went wrong with Avenger either. I was expecting The Other Guy's quality but somehow TPTB blew it.
              Last edited by Matt G; 13 May 2004, 11:56 AM.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Season Seven Spoilers:
                Season seven sticks most in my mind for eps that failed.

Heroes (Part I) - Everyone, except Janet, was so out of character. I would have expected Hammond advised the President against the film project but once given his orders, he would have saluted and soldiered on, not obstructed the President's order at every turn. Teal'c is usually taciturn but not rude. I would have expected Sam to be cooler under fire (i.e. the camera). The only part I like was Lt. Col. Dave Dixon's treatise on child birth ("...You figure that four can't be any worse than three but by then you are so sleep deprived that you can't make a rational decision.")

Resurrection - They took the time to set up the whole Human/Gou'ald hybrid storyline, then she kills herself? I know that thought that they were ending the series but why waste the time and effort to develop the concept?

Maj. Kawalsky
                Major Kawalsky
                I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
                U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Wormhole Extreme.

Pure crap!
                  The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
                    Wormhole Extreme.

Pure crap!
                    Sing it!
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                      For me "Space Race".
                      I felt that it was just written to give the FX dept. something to do.

Nuff said.
                      I'll completely agree with you on that one. To me, Space Race felt like a classic DS9/Voyager episode, and I don't mean that in a good way. There were some good moments in it, but overall the idea of a space race seemed fairly unoriginal to me.
                      sum ergo cogitum
                      I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        The one that I was really looking forward to but which turned out to be pretty dire was Avenger. It sounded great - none of the gates working, lots of potential for offworld peril and drama, lots of angsting at the SGC, a simple concept that could be explained to the viewer with minimal technobabble.

Instead it was played for laughs, and it even failed at that. It was cringeworthy Felger-as-uberpillock interspersed with dreary technobabble.

It's not uncommon for me to watch an ep knowing that everyone will be alright in the end, but still on the edge of my seat trying to work out *how* they would get out of the current pickle. In Avenger they got into the dodgy situation with technobabble, and they got out of it with technobabble and a deus ex machina cargo ship.

Other eps that failed... There was nothing particularly awful about Proving Ground, but it wasn't a success for me cos I didn't care much about the recruits and there's no tension cos it's always clearly a drill.

Space Race was turned from a ho-hum, worse-than-average-but-hey-this-is-Stargate-so-still-enjoyable-enough episode into a very painful viewing experience by those ghastly announcers. They were pure cheese. And worse, if they are from an alien culture, how come they screamed 'American' with every fixed-grin-delivered line?

Grace failed for me because I was hoping for some deep insight into Sam's character, or maybe some thrilling Sam-in-peril stuff, or at least a decent who-are-the-aliens mystery. Instead, I got 'Sam isn't happy, she needs a man to be happy', and 'Sam thinks she'd give up the career that has been her life's focus if only Jack said the word'. Which kind of put the lid on the well-adjusted, secure, self-confident and happy person I'd always seen in Sam.
                        lol its a pretty creepy thought that a race that attains a certain level of technology (enough that spaceships are treated like cars) innevitably falls to american commercialization...(not that canada doesnt have its own share of infuriating commercials, like the canadian tire ones...GOD I HATE YOU BOBBY!). Id sure love to see Asgard tv... Theyre so advanced they probably have entire channels devoted to commercials, all run by a massive, super evolved company, a cross between Wolfram and Hart and IBM, run by Odin Gates.
                        [email protected]
                        http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                        One nation under dog
                        There of which I stand alone
                        A face in the crowd
                        Unsung, against the mold
                        Without a doubt
                        Singled out
                        The only way I know

Comment

I didn't know what you guys were talking about at first but now that I know it is truely the worst episode, I saw it a while ago and thought it was terrible but just didn't know the name of it. Every time I saw Wormhole X-treme (in syndication on FOX) I quickly changed the channel! What a painful episode. It was a pathetic attempt to be funny and just didn't work, I hated the knock off actors and hated the alien who created it (should have shot him instead of letting him get away to try something like that again). Ive seen other shows do something similar and it didn't then so what made the writters of SG-SG1 think they could pull it off?

P.S. - What the hell was Teal'c wearng...I'm sorry to say this but he looked like a Drag Queen, I could of sworn I saw "hot red" lipstik.

Comment

I have to admit I thought Avenger 2.0 was funny even though I'm not fond of the episodes with those geeky guys and feldger got on my nerves in that episode but I had something totally different in mind, I thought it was going to be a more serious episode about a new mechanical technology from the Asgard or something.

Comment

Wormhole Extreme left me feeling more than a little "flat" for the 100 show i wanted to see the real SG1 not doubles of them!
                              ......TARA......

Comment

Full Circle

S
                                P
                                O
                                I
                                L
                                E
                                R

Thought it was a lame way to do away with the Abydonian characters and storyline. This was the first world discovered with the Stargate so why obliterate its population with an overblown villian. I know they are ascended, but its unlikely we'll see them again. When I first saw it I was looking forward to it because I knew Daniel was returning, and then that happens. Still like the rest of the episode though.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X