X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
    Semi-spoilers for Grace

Grace failed for me because I was hoping for some deep insight into Sam's character, or maybe some thrilling Sam-in-peril stuff, or at least a decent who-are-the-aliens mystery. Instead, I got 'Sam isn't happy, she needs a man to be happy', and 'Sam thinks she'd give up the career that has been her life's focus if only Jack said the word'. Which kind of put the lid on the well-adjusted, secure, self-confident and happy person I'd always seen in Sam.
    Amen to that! And if I'd seen the ep, I'd probably list it as one I hated. But thanks to spoilers, I found out the focus in enough time to avoid watching it. From what I've heard, it was very gag-worthy and I'm glad I missed it.

I wonder if having a few female writers around would have made it any better... or if we're doomed to a "Sam is weak and needs a man in her life in order to be happy" no matter what. *sigh*

Agree that Bane was a failure. I found Red Sky boring, too and the science seemed very questionable. Frozen had good potential but turned out kinda dull.

Disclosure was boring AND annoying. I hate clips shows in general and didn't feel that this one really added much to anything. I hated the reinforced steretyping, too. Foreign governments are not ALL greedy and back-stabbing and out for glory and as cliched and predictible as the "representatives" were in this ep. America isn't all that hot a country, itself, and I'm a bit tired of seeing it pimped as the end-all, be-all, "we're the only ones capable of handling this" greatest country in the world. *gak* No, my opinion is not open for political debate. And yes, I am in fact American. Almost the entire ep was a waste of time. The only GOOD thing about it was the exchange between Kinsey and Thor. Classic stuff and great to see Kinsey put in his place.

Comment

What are you talking about?
      I'm talking about this

SPOilers for Season 7 Heroes
      +
      +
      +
      +
      +
      +
      +

+

http://www.beneath-the-surface.net/s...eroes2_21.html

4th pic - Daniel is the one dressing the wound - not janet the doctor

rest of the pic below - janet , the doctor , is looking at Daniel - the one holding the serum bag and talking to the patien - again the papers are inverted.

and yes later Janet does pic the bag so that Daniel can film the guy.

I'm sorry, Janet was/is one of my favourite character of the show, i don't mind that they kill her, i do mind the way they kill her or better the silly reason for it.

San

Comment

SPOILER season 7 heroes and minor for Death knell

+
        +
        +
        +
        +
        +
        +
        +
        +
        +
        +

staff blast is very serious, not something a medic could handle just like that, they needed Janet (Or any other of the bases doctors, but Janet was on call) to keep him alive and well enough to be moved, or may even had to operate (or whatever you do for a staff blast) there and then.

I don't buy that, there were many episodes where a team come hurt through the gate - staff wounds included - "Death Knell" come to mind and unless the place is secured, no medical team goes off world. The patien is carried to the gate and Hammond calls to a medical team to the gate room.

San

Comment

i think that seasons 7's later episodes got even better, and they included enemy mine and orpheus are true examples.
          an episode that did fail in my eyes was fallen, i expected a much more investigative episode, but all i felt like was that they were rushing to the next story, and the fact that every1 seems to get over the fact that he is back and they accept it all tht too easily.
          i just think that their should have been more deeper episodes, like heroes, as this is one of the last seasons, and they should have bigger ideas on episodes.
          but having said this, still best season yet
          Zafrod

Comment

Originally posted by san
            I'm talking about this

SPOilers for Season 7 Heroes
            +
            +
            +
            +
            +
            +
            +

+

http://www.beneath-the-surface.net/s...eroes2_21.html

4th pic - Daniel is the one dressing the wound - not janet the doctor

rest of the pic below - janet , the doctor , is looking at Daniel - the one holding the serum bag and talking to the patien - again the papers are inverted.

and yes later Janet does pic the bag so that Daniel can film the guy.

I'm sorry, Janet was/is one of my favourite character of the show, i don't mind that they kill her, i do mind the way they kill her or better the silly reason for it.

San
            look it doesnt matter exactly what she was doing at the point that the staff hit her. she went unarmed into a combat zone to save someone elses life and she sacrificed her self. saying her death was pointless or whatever trivializes everything the character stood for and has done for the past 7 years on the show!

Comment

SPOILERS for Fallen/Homecoming

Fallen/Homecoming was way too rushed. They tried to cram too much story into not enough time. It made it seem like they were in a hurry to "get this over with and get back to normal" rather than spending the necessary time to deal with all of the major things happening. Daniel's return was handled poorly (one minute he has amnesia, the next he's fine), Jonas's send-off was rushed (I could practically hear O'Neill saying, "don't let the iris hit you on the ass on your way out!"), the importance of what Anubis was doing and what he'd discovered went from being monumental to "just another day in the neighborhood", and those godawful moronic "homages" to Star Wars! Puh-lease! I didn't see them as homages I saw them as blatant rip-offs of well-established scenes from Return of the Jedi and all it did was waste valuable screentime that could have been put to better use by more firmly establishing ANY of the story elements that were thrown at us in these eps.

The scenes between Daniel and Jonas were great, the two have good onscreen chemistry (in a strictly platonic way), but the storylines were an absolute mess. It needed to be more drawn out. I'm not saying the whole season should have been devoted to Daniel's return, but it should have taken longer than it did. Maybe if they'd killed Revisions (which was a complete waste of space anyway) and used it for a third ep in the arc it would have worked a little better. As it was, Fallen/Homecoming came off as sloppy and ill-thought out. At least to me. But then, I think most of S7 was a waste of time.

Comment

Grace

Spoilers

Before Grace, I would have said Avenger 2.0 was the worst episode of season 7, but Grace went above and beyond that. Way to set women back, tptb.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                  Grace

Spoilers

Before Grace, I would have said Avenger 2.0 was the worst episode of season 7, but Grace went above and beyond that. Way to set women back, tptb.
                  Perhaps if the PTB used some female writers things would be different.
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for season 7 Heroes
                    +

+
                    +
                    +
                    +
                    +

saying her death was pointless or whatever trivializes everything the character stood for and has done for the past 7 years on the show
                    Let's agree to disagree, since i feel that the way they treat Janet character in Heroes trivializes everthing she stood for.
                    And you feel that they give her a very good tribute.

So...i agree to disagree with you.

San

Comment

Originally posted by san
                      Spoilers for season 7 Heroes
                      +

+
                      +
                      +
                      +
                      +

Let's agree to disagree, since i feel that the way they treat Janet character in Heroes trivializes everthing she stood for.
                      And you feel that they give her a very good tribute.

So...i agree to disagree with you.

San
                      very well i agree to disagree as well

Comment

other episodes that completely failed me were,
                        without question chimera. not because i had built it up to be good, because believe me i didn't. i expected it to be terrible, but the first 20 minutes or so were actually ok. then it just got worse and worse for me. and i absolutely hated the ending. on repeat viewings ( of which there were not many) it just leaves me cringing. then i realised that it was actually a bad episode of sex and the city disguised as stargate. ( don't get me wrong i like sex and the city, but not when i'm looking for some stargate)

another one that disappointed me a little bit was lifeboat. because i kept hearing about how great it was and then i saw it, and it was ok, michael shanks' accents threw me off a bit, and i don't really know beyond that why it didn't work for me, it just didn't.

in my pre spoiler days, season 2's the gamekeeper really failed for me. there's a few others but those are the ones that really come to mind.

wow, long post for me.

Comment

Grace and Revisions are my picks. I couldn't decide which one was worse, so I had to choose both.

I disliked Grace because it effectively and irreparably ruined the character of Samantha Carter. I refuse to believe she's been harbouring "feelings" for Jack all these years.

Revisons sucked because...well...it was flatter than a can of soda left out on the porch for a week. It could have been a great team ep, but what did we get? Crapola masquerading as a classic episode of Stargate.

Blegh.

Comment

Revisions was when I finally gave up on Stargate, except for the occasional random eps. Flat, flat, flat and, to quote Urgo, "Boring!" There was nothing redeemable about the ep at all, as far as I'm concerned. And did I mention it was flat? And boring? Bleah...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Revisions was when I finally gave up on Stargate, except for the occasional random eps. Flat, flat, flat and, to quote Urgo, "Boring!" There was nothing redeemable about the ep at all, as far as I'm concerned. And did I mention it was flat? And boring? Bleah...
                              if you don't mind my asking, why do you still watch the show and post in forums dedicated to the show if you've given up on it?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                if you don't mind my asking, why do you still watch the show and post in forums dedicated to the show if you've given up on it?
                                There are still some good eps. They're just very few and far between. I live in the hope that TPTB will come to their senses and actually start writing real stories again. Plus, just because I'm not watching the current seasons doesn't mean I'm not watching the old seasons. I hate what Stargate has become, but I still love what it was and I always WILL love it.

I also have friends here. And a few affable enemies whom I am compelled to torment, eh T-bonehead?

Comment

Working...
                                X