Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been a lot of sterling moments in the posts (some, I admit, with which I disagree. Though I'm right there with you, MC, and Mr. MC, on "Need". Even worse, was that there were no consequences--no one took Daniel to task for what he did. In real life, Daniel would probably have been barred from going through the gate for a long time. The military is only going to give you one chance to hand your team over to the enemy in an effort to save the enemy.)

Something I don't think I saw mentioned: I had a real problem in "Small Victories" when Jack--a colonel--orders Davis--a major--to blow the bomb, and Davis looks over at Daniel for a go-ahead. What? Not only was it a direct order from a superior officer, but potentially the fate of the whole planet was at stake. What the heck does Daniel have to say about anything? I could see the scene if they'd played it so that Davis reaches for the button and Daniel grabs his hand, then Davis sort of gives him a "This has to be done and you know it" look and Daniel backs off. But the way it played on screen was ridiculous.

I also had a problem with telling Pete about the project. In TOT, Hammond is upset that they gave information to Catherine--and she had been aware of the gate since the '40's! Pete didn't really see that much. They could have simply told him that the ribbon device was a classified weapon prototype that this woman--a foreign agent--stole, and he can't tell anyone about it. As for any "glowing eyes", the response should have been, "REally? Perhaps we should tell your department about your drinking problem, Detective."
    What's more, as it should have been obvious to anyone that he had to have followed her *and* almost messed up the operation, in that old real life again, I can't see the AF not telling her that Pete was a potential security risk--who knows when he might want yet more information and follow her again--and she had a choice, Pete or the SGC. The military and the intelligence agencies tend not to put anyone in sensitive positions if anyone they have a close or potentially close relationship with is a security risk.

J.
    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Okay, I will avoid the "I can't believe the size of that PLOT HOLE!!" moments.

Favorites:
      O'Neill: "Do you think it gets Showtime?" in Within the Serpent's Grasp

Daniel: "Oh you poor man..." in The Broca Divide

Sam humming the SG-1 theme song in Chimera

From Divide and Conquer:
      Anise/Freya: I originally came from a planet where the people were not afraid to show their affection for someone. When we wanted to Lo'Machen...
      O'Neill: Excuse me?
      Anise/Freya: I believe you call it...
      O'Neill: Something else!

- and, of course, "Spank me rosy!" from Full Circle
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1

There have been a lot of sterling moments in the posts (some, I admit, with which I disagree. Though I'm right there with you, MC, and Mr. MC, on "Need". Even worse, was that there were no consequences--no one took Daniel to task for what he did. In real life, Daniel would probably have been barred from going through the gate for a long time. The military is only going to give you one chance to hand your team over to the enemy in an effort to save the enemy.)
        Daniel was taken off the team for a period of time. No, we didn't see anyone yell and tell him he was off the team, but Jack did tell Hammond he wanted Daniel back on the team. He couldn't get back on if he wasn't taken off in the first place. And, if it had only been for medical reasons, it would have been Janet who would have been saying he was fit for duty. So, there were consequences.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

In Full Circle when they gave that Ra Eye thing to Anubis. I was like, OMG, you dumbasses!
          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

How about Jack asking Herak about Failing Upwards? LMAO! I used that one on an insurance salesman....hee hee.
            Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
              Do you know those moments when a character does or says something that you find utterly unbelievable? Where you sit in front of the TV and exclaim: "I can't believe you did that!"

Tell me about those moments when a character says/does something completely unexpected/funny/surprising/bad/out of character/etc.
              In the Other Guys, Felger and Coombs taunting each other...geek,dweeb, Coombs as a Vulcan, not a Klingon, might as well wear red shirts line, worshipping at the altar of Roddenberry...sheesh...every time I can't believe they said all that stuff about ST.
              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                Actually, the "she's a tough kid" is a misquote that has been all the place. What she actually said was, "She's a strong kid"--and that has a whole different connotation.

J.
                ah. thank you, correction noted. the line still doesn't bother me in the slightest, and i still very much respect sams character.

another moment i loved was, season 7; evolution part 2;

burkes line about wanting to be posted somewhere nice, where the "women put out like broken candy machines"
                thought it was funny but i could not believe they got away with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                  Daniel was taken off the team for a period of time. No, we didn't see anyone yell and tell him he was off the team, but Jack did tell Hammond he wanted Daniel back on the team. He couldn't get back on if he wasn't taken off in the first place. And, if it had only been for medical reasons, it would have been Janet who would have been saying he was fit for duty. So, there were consequences.
                  Sorry. I didn't get that feeling at all. I felt he was off because of the addiction. Even if he's cleared for duty, the military is going to be very hesitant about putting him right back on the frontlines.

J.
                  "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                    Destroyed any respect I had for the character.
                    I never thought that she was really suggesting leaving the AF...just asking if she did, would it even make a difference...ie: are the regs just an excuse?

and her comment about Cassie in Heroes...well, she was obviously taking care of Cassie (going to pick her up, etc.) we just didn't see it cause we didn't get to see Cassie. In that scene she wanted to talk to Jack about what almost happened to him, not Cassie...she lost someone too (and almost lost him)...isn't she entitled to have a conversation about her feelings?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                    ~Imzadi
                    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                      I never thought that she was really suggesting leaving the AF...just asking if she did, would it even make a difference...ie: are the regs just an excuse?

and her comment about Cassie in Heroes...well, she was obviously taking care of Cassie (going to pick her up, etc.) we just didn't see it cause we didn't get to see Cassie. In that scene she wanted to talk to Jack about what almost happened to him, not Cassie...she lost someone too (and almost lost him)...isn't she entitled to have a conversation about her feelings?
                      yes. one would assume so.

back to the topic at hand;

i can't believe that they get away with all the blatent starwars/star trek/ any other movie "homages" and actually do them so brilliantly on their budgets. i love when they do those kind of things.

Comment

Another moment I found funny (but a little silly) was the Smokin' Boots in "Prisoners".

On one level I laughed out loud when it happened, but as I took a little time to think about it, I began to feel that it was a little too cartoony.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                          Have you not seen Tripping the Rift? Sci-fi will show anything
                          ummm actually tripping has much of its dialogue censored...goto sadgeezer.com to see the real transcripts, complete with swears.
                          [email protected]
                          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                          One nation under dog
                          There of which I stand alone
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

I was shocked when Daniel called Jack a stupid son of a ***** in Menace.

Comment

SPOILER FOR SEASON 8's AFFINITY (highlight to read)

Sam accepting Pete's marriage proposal. It's not just that I'm a S/Jer but she's only been with the guy five minutes and he followed and investigated her!

Comment

Originally posted by Norlioness
                                LOL - I remember that one. That was a definite, "I can't believe he said that!" Good one though - came out unexpectantly.

I really wish I knew what it was he said I have been trying all manner of different swear words yet none of them seem to fit.

Sy~
                                A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
                                "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
                                "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Comment

Working...
                                X