X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo
    RDA leaving had nothing to do with it.
    If so - then you shouldn't blame RDA, you should blame the viewers who quit watching a terrific show just because he left. It's a silly reason to stop watching a show, especially if the content is just as good as it was before.
    And if they consider the content to be terrible? And leaving a show because a particular actor/actress left is no more silly than watching a show because suddenly a spefic actor/actress joined the show.

It is all opinion, please rememebr that - not fact that the content etc is brilliant/awful.

To the first poster: RDA leaving the show has probably very little to do with cancelling SG-1. Even if it did ... so what? His choice. It is his life. Good for him that he wants to spend time with his daughter.

Oh, yeah, it is a TV show, not the end of the world!
    The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Let's get them to make a cartoon!!!! It won't cost as much!!!
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Man give this thread a rest and let the man have his peace. He has been on tv for more than 30 years. He is 56 years old an trying to raise a family really think it is selfish if your 40 minutes of entertainment is worth more than his family who he lives with and rarely got to see. SG1 is a team show and will not fall apart because 1 person is missing. The same excellent writers, directors, actors, producers, and supporting staff are still there and put out a show that rivals many feature movie productions. Asking for RDA to comeback is like asking for Micheal Jordan to come of retirement to help the bulls out a rough patch. I really think its not fair to other actors on the show make it looks like RDA carried 30% of the show.

Comment

Im with Icon, and thats a very good analogy (Michael Jordan), if RDA wanted to return i think we would all be behind him, but id rather him return on his own terms, rather than- the shows been cancelled come back or else!
          Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

Originally posted by jambi
            ...that takes place some 10 years in the future? Earth has found out about the gate and is moving forward technologically, the Ori armies have survived the death of their Gods and fractured into factions, SG teams are scouting out worlds for colonization, others are exploring Ancient sites and coming across the Nox and some evidence of the Furlings, perhaps elements of humanity will go to war with each other yet again? Just some ideas...another alternative is listed over on the RDA thread, but they'd never do that one.

(oh yeah, and ignore anything that happened in Atlantis...it's a horrible show)
            LOL! its been done. It was called Stargate: infinity and it lasted 3 months. Go buy the dvd on amazon.

Comment

Let's hope another network picks up stargate like back in season 5 ((((((

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
              why did it had to be canceled? {Mod Snip}
              Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 August 2006, 03:19 PM.
              http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jambi
                ...that takes place some 10 years in the future? Earth has found out about the gate and is moving forward technologically, the Ori armies have survived the death of their Gods and fractured into factions, SG teams are scouting out worlds for colonization, others are exploring Ancient sites and coming across the Nox and some evidence of the Furlings, perhaps elements of humanity will go to war with each other yet again? Just some ideas...another alternative is listed over on the RDA thread, but they'd never do that one.

(oh yeah, and ignore anything that happened in Atlantis...it's a horrible show)
                Y'know Jambi?

I used to think you were cool, but you dissed Atlantis, so I say good day to you sir. SG-1 ran its course and beat the record after ten seasons - BE PROUD OF THAT - and it's not like we're never gonna see sg-1 characters again - THINK CAMEOS IN ATLANTIS!!!!
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric
                  LOL! its been done. It was called Stargate: infinity and it lasted 3 months. Go buy the dvd on amazon.
                  IGNORE.
                  Don't buy the DVD, in fact if you ever manage to get a copy of SG-Infinite burn it. BURN THEM ALL! IT'S WORSE THAN SUPERMAN 64 - AND THAT'S A COMPUTER GAME!!!

sigpic

Comment

IMHO - NO!!!! dont cancel them both- dont cancel either of them!- and if SG-1 moves - Atlantis HAS to move with it - they compliment each other. I never understood - the i love sga over sg1 more or vice versa -its the same stargate UNIVERSE!! That we all love!
                    Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

Sadly, SG-1's cancellation is inevitable. All shows get canceled eventually, and this seems like as good a time as any. Hopefully they put it to rest with the dignity it deserves. Atlantis is well-equipped to carry the Stargate torch for a while, and if a new show/movie/mini series does come around, I hope that its as well done as SG-1 and Atlantis, and not just thrown together to keep the Stargate franchise on the air.
                      sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack
                        Let's hope another network picks up stargate like back in season 5 ((((((

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                        why did it had to be canceled? stupid ****ing scifi...if i could meet the scifi director i would beat him to death
                        I don't think its entiraly SciFi's fault

Sombody got this somewhere from macgyveronline.com board:

"...Actually Sony/MGM had nothing to do with it. They still support the show. Sci-fi got pushed into this decision by their parent NBC-Universal..."

So it was NBC! we must take down NBC!

but yes it would be nice if another network picked it up
                        My heart is is officialy broken
                        BRING BACK SG-1!

Check out my forum!
                        http://unhealthyobsession.tz4.com

Comment

Yeah im hoping for two main networks to pick them up ...

1. being SPIKE TV , and run STARGATE SG-1 with BLADE the Series ...
                          2. Being SHOWTIME , where it all STARTED ....

Showtime has an intrest in the show right now , and that is a good thing for SG-1 fans ... But what ever network SG-1 goes to they need to bring STARGATE Atlantis with them ... It wouldnt be right to keep one show on , and move the other one to a BETTER NETWORK ....

Comment

Why doesn't MGM make their own TV network and put Star Gate as well as other Sci Fi shows, or just shows in general? I mean if they're serious about becoming a Big Name production company... They're going to have to take bigger steps. They could get a good line up and run against Sci Fi as an alternative science fiction channel, or have a bunch of different shows of different types and become a new television network. Think of this... *Insert name of MGM alternative sci fi channel here* If you can't beat em' Create em'

Comment

Originally posted by FerCryinOutLoud!
                              Why doesn't MGM make their own TV network and put Star Gate as well as other Sci Fi shows, or just shows in general? I mean if they're serious about becoming a Big Name production company... They're going to have to take bigger steps. They could get a good line up and run against Sci Fi as an alternative science fiction channel, or have a bunch of different shows of different types and become a new television network. Think of this... *Insert name of MGM alternative sci fi channel here* If you can't beat em' Create em'
                              That's an incredibly good idea. MGM has a huge library of stuff in movies and television.
                              Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                              Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                              -Audioslave

Comment

I think that if the dvd's sell really REALLY well then they might put it back on the air - that's what happened with Family Guy.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X