Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all comes down to money, plain and simple. Being the younger show, SGA just costs less to produce than SG-1. Salaries are much lower, etc.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by mundu
      If Atlantis lasts longer than SG-1 I'll eat Christopher Judge.
      It won't. Not with Sci-Fi Channel anyway. I really fear next season if SGA doesn't seriously turn around in the ratings department.
      sigpic
      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
        Well it looks like Sci-fi is planning to move over cast.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=707

Well Daniel would be my first choice to move over. After all he was going to leave during Season 9, City of the Ancients and all. Atlantis don't really have an archeologist after all. I dont see the other characters having a spot, especially Teal'c, which is a shame since Chris Judge has been in the most Stargate episodes ever.
        That's good news.
        They figured he was a lazy, time-wasting slacker. They were right.

Comment

ever since RDA left the show, i think MacGuyver fans have stopped watching, so that lead to worse ratings

Comment

Originally posted by o-0
            ever since RDA left the show, i think MacGuyver fans have stopped watching, so that lead to worse ratings
            How do you exlain S8's ratings then?

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by o-0
              RDA isn't to blame. Bad writing isn't to blame. IMO, bad advertising overall, and increased quality competition are to blame. Don't forget, SGA is down in ratings as well. It will be interesting to see if the same happens to BSG when Season 3 starts in Oct.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                It will be interesting to see if the same happens to BSG when Season 3 starts in Oct.
                Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Sci-Fis "original programming all the time" plan came back to hit them in the face. First SG-1, BSG next.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I think that the timeing of BSG not being in sync with Stargate hurt it

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                    How do you exlain S8's ratings then?
                    season 8 he was more in charge of SG-C then really going out there battling ...

But still I wouldnt blame RDA for these low ratings ... I blame Nielsons Rating system .... I Blame SONY for not Advertising the show as good as MGM did in the past ... I Blame Sci-Fi for not showing Re-Runs during the ( Having re-air on other nights from 6 to 8 or some other time spot ) .

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                      Well it looks like Sci-fi is planning to move over cast.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=707

Well Daniel would be my first choice to move over. After all he was going to leave during Season 9, City of the Ancients and all. Atlantis don't really have an archeologist after all. I dont see the other characters having a spot, especially Teal'c, which is a shame since Chris Judge has been in the most Stargate episodes ever.
                      Oh heck no...

I hope they're only talking about the occasional appearance rather than trying to squeeze an SG-1 character into the already full Atlantis cast
                      sigpic

Comment

RDA gave 8 years to this show. He left to spend time with his family. I can't blame him for that. What I will blame is the poor writing from S9 and S10 for the ratings.

Comment

RDA leaving had nothing to do with it.
                          If so - then you shouldn't blame RDA, you should blame the viewers who quit watching a terrific show just because he left. It's a silly reason to stop watching a show, especially if the content is just as good as it was before.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                            Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Sci-Fis "original programming all the time" plan came back to hit them in the face. First SG-1, BSG next.
                            Yep, they may come to regret changing things like they did. As well they should. I don't wish bad on any of the other shows, but Sci-Fi deserves to take a hit IMO.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

If you started watching the series in season 1 because RDA was in it, you're not going to watch for 8 years and then stop becuase RDA left.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                                If you started watching the series in season 1 because RDA was in it, you're not going to watch for 8 years and then stop becuase RDA left.
                                this is what i'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X