Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starellen1
    Joe,
    According to some of the threads, there is an overwhelming interest in having "out-takes" included in the DVD's. Do you think this could be a possibility? I imagine that there would be quite a lot of really funny ones!!
    I have mentioned outtakes to MGM on numerous occasions. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
      Mr. Mallozzi,
      First time writing here....My hats off to you....I just love Atlantis...far more than I ever thought I would...kind of obsessed with it too...
      but anyways,

I just have to comment about Conversion...I am a loyal Shep/Teyla fan and I really thought that this episode would sort of answer my undying questions...but if anything it just brough up more questions...DARN IT! But I have to say that the episode, although not what I expected, really was wonderful and Rachel and Joe looked fabulous....Rachel did an awesome job even when she wasn't speaking...most of the episode showed her reactions to what was happening and many of us really thought she was great...and Joe...what can be said...he is great! And surprising to me....Weir really fleshed out her leadership skills better than she ever has, for me anyways...

I am not sure if this has been asked already, but....
      I really thought that Teyla would use her Wraith sensing abilities to help Sheppard in Conversion....will we see her use more of these abilities in future episodes?
      We will touch on this connection in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        hi, joe,

regarding the fourth horseman ep: if sean patrick flannery would have been available to play orlin, how would the ep have been different? i'm mainly referring to how the sam-orlin relationship would have played out
        sally
        I can't really answer that because we started beating out the story only after we found out that Sean wouldn't be available.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Mack
          Hi Joe,

I was wondering, whenever I watch both shows, There are always Air Force and Marine personel mixing up the action. Is thier any chance we could see an Army offworld team in their new cammies or a Navy officer in charge of a new earth battleship?
          -James
          Maybe. But the Navy already has their own show that, by all accounts, is doing quite well.

Comment

Will we ever see an episode where Baal really comes to light on earth- perhaps even in the political scene? I think it would be most interesting if he were to perhaps run for a government position - and being so prominent, removing him would be very difficult, considering that if he were to suddenly disappear, it would arouse suspiscion, more so if the government were to hush up investigations. It might even force the hand of the SGC to reveal the true nature of their program.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalAscended
              Hello Joe,

I've been wondering about the Jaffa and their culture whilst under Goa'uld rule. I know we've mainly seen warrior and priest/ess Jaffa, are there other "classes" within Jaffa culture? Like teachers, keepers of lore, doctors etc, and more importantly and interestingly are there Jaffa scientists and engineers that maintain the fleets of ships and all the other technology?

Thanks muchly,

Sean

Now that the Jaffa are free, these are some of the aspects of their culture that we'll be exploring in future episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                Hey, Joe!

When Orlin fell this time, why did he have clothes?
                Becuase the circumstances of his "descent" were different from those of Daniel (who descended with no memory of his past experiences). In short, Orlin was fully "aware" during his descent and "willed himself" to appear clothed.

Comment

Originally posted by kazbaby
                  Hello Mr. Mallozzi,

I've been very much enjoying Season 9, and happy that I came back to the show after too long an absence. Yes, I'm one of those that crept back after Ben Browder was announced. This is my first time asking you a question here, so hopefully I'm not repeating one you've answered previously.

I was just wondering when we would be learning more of Mitchell's backstory, especially his recovery after the crash. From the impressions I've had in AT and BB's scenes together, Carter kept in touch with Mitchell during this time, and they've become good friends because of that. Or am I totally out in left field here?

I know that I've heard that there is not going to be any focus on any 'shippy relationships', but since this is part of my original question on Mitchell's backstory. Will we find out about his past relationship (if i'm remembering correctly) with Lam, and why he reacted the way he did to the mention of the sponge bath in The Fourth Horseman?

Thank you.
                  More on Mitchell's backstory in the second half of season 9. As for his purported relationship with Lam...what is up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles
                    Hi Joe,

You mentioned previously that if Scifi.com is not showing scenes cut from the S9 episodes (which their not) then you would (very kindly) post a transcript of them. I would be especially interested in the Daniel/Mitchell missing scene from Prototype, many thanks.
                    Sorry, Sprinkles. I can only provide excerpts form the episodes I actually wrote. Plenty o' stuff to look forward to from Ripple Effect though.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulSpinder
                      Joe,

I appologize if this has been asked before, but I have not the time to read all the pages this thread has accumulated. And if it has, I'm betting that I'll be redirected by a member anyway. But...

Does the "stick fighting" that Teyla and the Athosians specialize in have an actual name? That has been troubling me and other writers/conversers I know.
                      Yes, it does. But this one is a question for BamBam.

Comment

Originally posted by scifiannie
                        Joe, why did TPTB bring on a military hero with a strong command record (Mitchell) and a terrific actor with a strong fan base (Browder) and then stick him in a support role while others (mostly the civilian Daniel) drive the action for the season?
                        Check out my recent blog entry for the answer to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry
                          Right... and to lighten up the negativity. (Eek.)

Fourth Horseman question: I know it won't exactly create the best storyline for SG-1 and all (innocent whistling), but is there something stopping the Orii from just creating their own galaxies full of billions of people to worship them at whim and get them stronger? Sounds like a much easier job than trying to convert a galaxy full of people who are already used to fighting their gods.
                          The Ori don't have the power to create followers.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry The Chevron Guy
                            Hi, Joe!

A quick question for you. Will you guys ever revisit the alien race from Fire and Water (Episode 112)? When I first read the name "Babylon" in this season's episode list (Before there were spoilers) I was excited. I thought you were going to bring up that species again. I was always under the impression that they were Furling since their writing is in Cuneiform (As seen in Tourment of Tantulus) a script which was used in ancient Babylon.

So my question is basically, "What...Fate...Fishdude race??" Will we see them in Atlantis perhaps?
                            No plans to revisit them anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ping-pong
                              Hello Joe

For the Teal'c fans:

Will Ryac, his wife Korin and Ishta EVER return to SG1 either in the remaining episodes of season 9 or in season 10 (if there's a season 10)? I know Ishta is Chris Judge's creation for his character Teal'c; but even if he doesn't write any episodes that feature her, will you or any of the other writers do so? After all, Jaffa characters Kalel (the woman from "Birthright" and "Sacrifices") has been featured in a few episodes and Aron (from "Sacrifices") returned in the Fourth Horseman pt 1; and both characters were created by Chris Judge.

The Ishta character is cool. I'm curious to see what she's up to--now that the Gould are defeated and the newly freed Jaffa are trying to adjust to life as a free race. After all one of the women of Haktyl (Kalel?) is on the Jaffa counsel. I'm also curious about how Ishta's relationship with Teal'c progresses too. There's alot of loose ends there. Personally, I think either at the end of SG1 series, or at the end of the Teal'c character, it would be great if Teal'c and Ishta married.

Also, what do we have to look forward to for the Jaffa race and our favorite Jaffa, Teal'c for the 2nd half of season 9? Some of the SG1 audience have forgotten and need to be reminded and shown how valuable the Jaffa story is to the SG1 storyline.

And, PLEASE DON'T KILL BRATAC !!!
                              No plans to bring them back for season 9. And Teal'c will have plenty of Jaffa issues to deal with in the back half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                                In watching the older episodes featuring the Goa'uld (eg "Hathor"), it seems as if the production team would typically use a few chords of the Stargate theme (Original film) played on a violin at certain points. It was always somewhat creepy to hear. I'm curious as to wether or not you've developed a theme for the Orii?

Yup. And you've alread heard it.

Comment

Working...
                                X