This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord You
    I kinda disagree, in that it depends more on the school than the art. I've seen places with pretty sorry TKD classes - sport or otherwise. I've also seen places where there TKD was pretty hardcore and definitely useful for self defense as well as sport. I've been to places that practice (jiu jitsu) purely for sport, and other places where the emphansis was more balanced.

You are right that TKD is good for fitness, but that also depends more on the school than the art. Whereever principia goes, he/she should be sure to shop around, try a class for free, and decide then if it is good.
    I've been training since the age of 12.....In tournaments, I have competed against many TKD practitioners..............I have visited and studied at more than 5 different TKD schools.........I have yet to see a TKD school that has a self defense. Usually it is the school more than the art, but in the case of TKD, it is a traditional art designed for the self defense needs of another time, specifically to kick soldiers down from their horses. Today's self defense is a much more technical, broad based focus. It is true that other dojos or what have you have a sport system as well, but the root of that particular martial art can still be self defense........as in the case of jiu jitsu......even the sport system is much more applicable in a self defense situation than TKD ever was. Take it from somebody that used to have to be a self defense instructor to correctional officers on what works(in the real world), in addition to having been involved in a riot or two.......................
    Last edited by 2BAM; 04 May 2006, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessima
      If you want my opinion, I like Kato and Zarek the best. Idk, they sound like "stargate" names. lol xD

While I am here, I might as well ask BamBam a question:
      How have the new stunts in season 3 gone so far - are we in for a lot of cool new stunts and martial arts that have not been done in SGA before?
      LOL I was going to ask a different question but I lost my thought.
      Things have been going great thanx...........you will see some new things and some style that reminds you of past things and the scripts are fantastic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lili_fair
        Dude you have way too much time on your hands how long did it take to compile that list?....... Isn't Kiril a kind of fish?
        Wow..........there are alot to look at there...........keep em' comin' for now. Interesting, all of them........but nothing jumps out at me at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
          Things have been going great thanx...........you will see some new things and some style that reminds you of past things and the scripts are fantastic!!!
          Ooo cool! I'm glad everything is going well. I read your blog a while back about Seteda, and it got me all excited about that episode! I read the spoilers for it and it does sound awesome! I hope it has some good stunts and shots of Ronon kicking some major assbooty (lol not even a word xD). Too bad the episode is so far in the future... (it's only a couple months away, but it seems like an eternity!)
          I have another question. Does Jason have a stunt double, or does he do most/all of his stunts?
          Last edited by Jessima; 04 May 2006, 09:45 AM.

Ronon Dex Devil
          Sig made by my good friend, Sarah.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessima
            Ooo cool! I'm glad everything is going well. I read your blog a while back about Seteda, and it got me all excited about that episode! I read the spoilers for it and it does sound awesome! I hope it has some good stunts and shots of Ronon kicking some major assbooty (lol not even a word xD). Too bad the episode is so far in the future... (it's only a couple months away, but it seems like an eternity!)
            I have another question. Does Jason have a stunt double, or does he do most/all of his stunts?
            Well................every time you see Ronon fighting and kicking butt, that would be all Jason, all the time. If you have seen Jason flying through the air 20 feet or so, and landing on the cold, hard cement...........that would be his stunt double. For insurance purposes, it is mandatory that he has a stunt double for certain over the top dangerous gags. By watching, you will not be able to tell the difference, but try to test yourself by figuring out what stunt would be too dangerous to risk the actor's safety.

Comment

While I'm here I may as well ask a question
              Which particular actors did you work with on Eragon?
              Last edited by telpethoniel; 04 May 2006, 05:58 PM.
              "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
              "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
              Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                Y'know, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of cleaning the crapper when they saw 'Ajax' in the list...
                Me too! Great minds think alike!! (well, we can all hope!). How about Achaikos for a name. It means strong man in greek. A possible addition?

Comment

How about putting a little Bam Bam into the name? Teyla is a fairly ordinary name so why make his so difficult? How about a little variation to his name .... like Jaymis (which is acutally one of the original forms of the name James derived from the english language)?

Just a thought??...
                  Last edited by boopsy01; 05 May 2006, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Ey Bambam, Do you like any of these?
                    Hadrian- Swedish - Dark one
                    Jabir- Arabic - Comforter
                    Naasir- African - Defender
                    Nadav- Hebrew - Nobel, a generous one
                    Udeh- Hebrew - Praise

Udeh (ooday) & Naasir has gotten a number of votes over at the thunk thread
                    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
                      We've all been putting it together for the last week or so in the Bambam thunk thread, it's a joint venture to name Bambam's character from Seige 2 lol, Whales eat Krill (I guess it is a bit too close) unless Bambam intends his character to get eaten by something huge anytime soon Kiril might not match

What about "Melvin" that's a good name ...Oh did you notice in that episode when Mr. Bam Bam left the room he didn't exit out the door?
                      I don't mind dust bunnies ...They are very good company, I have named most of them, and they agree with everything I say.

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
                        Ey Bambam, Do you like any of these?
                        Hadrian- Swedish - Dark one
                        Jabir- Arabic - Comforter
                        Naasir- African - Defender
                        Nadav- Hebrew - Nobel, a generous one
                        Udeh- Hebrew - Praise

Udeh (ooday) & Naasir has gotten a number of votes over at the thunk thread
                        I like Hadrian the best!

And riots BamBam? Do tell

Lovebar made by natz099
                        My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

any new ships

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Have you worked with Amanda Tapping at all in the new season yet? (Hopes) Looking forward to some good Teyla action too.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Have you worked with Amanda Tapping at all in the new season yet? (Hopes) Looking forward to some good Teyla action too.
                              Good question Can you tell us which actors you've worked with in season 10? Any particular scenes to look forward too?
                              AncientsTimeline

Comment

Do you mind if I ask, but can you tell us about when this happened (was it from a movie or is it a promo shot, your experience there)

Comment

Working...
                                X