• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purpletoo1
    OH p'shaw! You can look if you want, you might get embarrassed though
    Then look I will.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
      Then look I will.
      I'm trying to decide who's gonna be the most embarrassed...you, or the girls...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
        It's a toss up. I think it's more of a question of who's ego is stroked more....

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
        Photobucket

Comment

That depends what you want out of it...........it has become more of a sport these days, so if you are looking for self d., you are barking up the wrong tree. For fitness, it's great. All I can say is, train hard. Put in extra time after class and before, and at home. It will pay off in the end. Remember this though, your training is endless, and you will be forever climbing the mountain.
          I kinda disagree, in that it depends more on the school than the art. I've seen places with pretty sorry TKD classes - sport or otherwise. I've also seen places where there TKD was pretty hardcore and definitely useful for self defense as well as sport. I've been to places that practice (jiu jitsu) purely for sport, and other places where the emphansis was more balanced.

You are right that TKD is good for fitness, but that also depends more on the school than the art. Whereever principia goes, he/she should be sure to shop around, try a class for free, and decide then if it is good.

Comment

Hee hee, have you looked over there lately? The girls won't be embarrassed They are experienced thunkers And I'm sure that the thrill of being "caught" is somewhere in there too
            Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.- The Wise Words of Dean Winchester

Comment

Give him a name...........if the name is used on screen is a different story, but go ahead and honour me with a name.
              okay the name list so far:

Ok here's all the suggested names so far, anyone have any other suggestions or you could nominate a name present already suggested:
              Alcander means strong
              Alcina means strongminded
              Aglaia means wisdom and glory
              Xerxes - in Greek it means leaving and in Persian it means prince. A possible crossover of the two cultures could have occurred in the Pegasus galaxy.
              Zarek - means God protect the king. That would work well for someone who is a warrior.
              Xander - actually Dutch but it is derived from the Greek name Alexander.
              Adelphos - it means brother
              Adrastos - means undaunted
              Aetos - means eagle (3 nominations)
              Ajax means strong warrior
              Argos- It's Greek (2 nominations)
              I was thinking about Jason & the Argonauts, but we have Jason Momoa so I couldn't nominate Jason &It has a mythological ring to it.
              Apollo - God of truth and light
              Athan - Immortal
              Damon - Constant, Day
              Dion - God of Wine and Revalry(parties)
              Geronimo - Greek sacred name (no seriously lol)
              Kiril - Lordly One
              Matthias - God's gift to women (seriously it says that)
              Solaris - Of the sun (2 nominations)
              Adonis - Hansome, loved by Aphrodite (2 nominations)
              Durene - Everlasting
              Hector - Anchor, steadfast
              Kato - Good Judgement (seriously, I wasn't thinking of Bruce Lee) (3 nominations)

You like any of those suggested so far?!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                okay the name list so far:

Ok here's all the suggested names so far, anyone have any other suggestions or you could nominate a name present already suggested:
                Alcander means strong
                Alcina means strongminded
                Aglaia means wisdom and glory
                Xerxes - in Greek it means leaving and in Persian it means prince. A possible crossover of the two cultures could have occurred in the Pegasus galaxy.
                Zarek - means God protect the king. That would work well for someone who is a warrior.
                Xander - actually Dutch but it is derived from the Greek name Alexander.
                Adelphos - it means brother
                Adrastos - means undaunted
                Aetos - means eagle (3 nominations)
                Ajax means strong warrior
                Argos- It's Greek (2 nominations)
                I was thinking about Jason & the Argonauts, but we have Jason Momoa so I couldn't nominate Jason &It has a mythological ring to it.
                Apollo - God of truth and light
                Athan - Immortal
                Damon - Constant, Day
                Dion - God of Wine and Revalry(parties)
                Geronimo - Greek sacred name (no seriously lol)
                Kiril - Lordly One
                Matthias - God's gift to women (seriously it says that)
                Solaris - Of the sun (2 nominations)
                Adonis - Hansome, loved by Aphrodite (2 nominations)
                Durene - Everlasting
                Hector - Anchor, steadfast
                Kato - Good Judgement (seriously, I wasn't thinking of Bruce Lee) (3 nominations)

You like any of those suggested so far?!
                Dude you have way too much time on your hands how long did it take to compile that list?....... Isn't Kiril a kind of fish?
                I don't mind dust bunnies ...They are very good company, I have named most of them, and they agree with everything I say.

Comment

Originally posted by lili_fair
                  Dude you have way too much time on your hands how long did it take to compile that list?....... Isn't Kiril a kind of fish?
                  We've all been putting it together for the last week or so in the Bambam thunk thread, it's a joint venture to name Bambam's character from Seige 2 lol, Whales eat Krill (I guess it is a bit too close) unless Bambam intends his character to get eaten by something huge anytime soon Kiril might not match
                  "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                  "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                  Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by lili_fair
                    Hey Lynds!! Nice to see you here!!
                    Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.- The Wise Words of Dean Winchester

Comment

Sorry but...*giggles* Adonis....no...just...NOOOOOOOOO!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Sorry but...*giggles* Adonis....no...just...NOOOOOOOOO!
                        Maybe something a little more butch would work, got any suggestions?
                        "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                        Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
                          We've all been putting it together for the last week or so in the Bambam thunk thread, it's a joint venture to name Bambam's character from Seige 2 lol, Whales eat Krill (I guess it is a bit too close) unless Bambam intends his character to get eaten by something huge anytime soon Kiril might not match
                          If you want my opinion, I like Kato and Zarek the best. Idk, they sound like "stargate" names. lol xD

While I am here, I might as well ask BamBam a question:
                          How have the new stunts in season 3 gone so far - are we in for a lot of cool new stunts and martial arts that have not been done in SGA before?
                          LOL I was going to ask a different question but I lost my thought.

Ronon Dex Devil
                          Sig made by my good friend, Sarah.

Comment

Maybe something a little more butch would work, got any suggestions?
                            I'm having a giggle at a few others in the list as well...

Comment

I'm having a giggle at a few others in the list as well...
                              I added Geronimo for kicks as well, lol, I couldn't help myself *yels* GIRONIMO! *jumps of chair she was standing on* I clean the toilet with Ajax too

Comment

I added Geronimo for kicks as well, lol, I couldn't help myself *yels* GIRONIMO! *jumps of chair she was standing on* I clean the toilet with Ajax too
                                Y'know, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of cleaning the crapper when they saw 'Ajax' in the list...

Comment

Working...
                                X