X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAILVA
    Hi,
    greetings from Northern-Europe. I have been watching both Stargate series since day 1 and I have always been impressed by the high skills of weapon handling performed by the actors/actress. I can say this because I myself have military training for such weapons and harsh enviroments for both winter and summer conditions. And by weapons I mean M16, P90, 9mm sidearms, anything that shoots bullets.

So, my queston is: How much the actors/actress train weapon handling and is it stuntcoordinators job?

Thank you .
    We have a specific military tech advisor on set when firearms are used, and no, it is not the stunt coordinators job to teach them. Just in regard to safety within a given scene where firearms are used is where the stunt coordinator may comment on.

Comment

Originally posted by purpletoo1
      Hi Bambam,
      Great job on Runner!!!!!!!!!!! There were so many fabulous stunts! But only one question per customer so how the heck did Teyla hit the ground so hard in the first scene, flying in the air and landing flat on her back? I'm guessing it was a stunt double doing that. Thanks for the great work!
      Thank you very much! Do you mean when she was stunned by Ronon?

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        Just wanted to add my opinion on "Runner". . .excellent work, especially the Ronon/Ford sequence. BIG thumbs up to all of you!
        Thank you very much..........I'm so glad you liked it! The actors trained very hard for that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by TAE
          What degree black belt are you?
          Officially in the original style of Karate that I trained in I was awarded my Nidan(Second).

Comment

Originally posted by daventry
            Hi BamBam, i would like to know something.

Season 2 – Episode 15 - The Fifth Race - Who is the fifth race, i know its the Asghard but i only know of four. (The Asgard – The Furlings – The Nox - The Ancients)
            That would be a question for Joe or Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by TAE
              I'm not sure my last one went through. So I'm going to ask again just in case.

What degree black belt are you? What martial arts to you do.
              Wow, two questions. Since my original training that I began at the age of twelve, I have had experience training in Karate, Kung Fu, Jeet Kune Do, Kali, Muay Thai, Boxing, Submission Wrestling(very little), and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                Ditto. I really enjoyed the fight scene a great deal. Kudos to you for superb work, as well as Jason and Rainbow.
                Thanx Droops, very much. We are proud of that one. The boys worked very hard on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                  Thank you very much! Do you mean when she was stunned by Ronon?
                  Yes, that's the one!!

Comment

Originally posted by purpletoo1
                    Yes, that's the one!!
                    She self propelled her body into the air, rotated, and hit the bare ground......no pads. She had to do about 4 takes of that gag. Hmmm...................can't remember if it was Rachel or the stunt double, Lani......................Hmmmmmmmmmm. It was probably Rachel.

Comment

She self propelled her body into the air, rotated, and hit the bare ground......no pads. She had to do about 4 takes of that gag. Hmmm...................can't remember if it was Rachel or the stunt double, Lani......................Hmmmmmmmmmm. It was probably Rachel.
                      Great work on Runner, BamBam...errr, yeah...best ignore my location, yeah?

Anyway, Joe F was recently talking about a scene in [Conversion] where Sheppard and Teyla
                      Spoiler:
                      have a big stick fight
                      and he was saying how bad he is at that particular dicipline - the words in the interview were
                      Spoiler:
                      "I can't do this. I'm not good at sticks. I hate sticks. Can't I just shoot her?"
                      ...is he really that bad? Cos from what I've seen on screen previously, he looks pretty slick at it...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

OMGsh you're funny. Rachel will be happy to hear that you are making her such a bad a** lol. So the "person" who does that stunt actually has to hit the ground that hard with no pads? And self propel, rotate and land sprawled out flat? Wow and 4 times! Ouch, yikes, woe! Great gag!! I was hoping for a little padded mat or something!

She seems to hit the ground hard a lot in this show! Why would Rachel want to do that when there is a perfectly good stunt double to do it for her? You are such a kidder.
                        Last edited by purpletoo1; 01 August 2005, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Was it hard getting your second dan in Karate? Right now I'm a 1st dan in Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido, and working on another dan. Is it fun training in the martial arts for you?
                          First born, Firsr Ruler and a double Saint

Comment

Don't know if this has been asked but, will we see some traditional ninjutsu moves on the show at some point? That would be cool

Comment

Correct on the armbar........................all of the knife disarms and techniques were authentic and practical....................but, comparing to the matrix..........thanx.
                              At first I thought the matrix-like stuff was iffy, but now that I think about it both Ronan and Ford are "super-soldiers" now so it makes sense. Good work and thanks for answering my questions. (P.S. To prevent thread clutter, no reply needed.)

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                                Great work on Runner, BamBam...errr, yeah...best ignore my location, yeah?

Anyway, Joe F was recently talking about a scene in [Conversion] where Sheppard and Teyla
                                Spoiler:
                                have a big stick fight
                                and he was saying how bad he is at that particular dicipline - the words in the interview were
                                Spoiler:
                                "I can't do this. I'm not good at sticks. I hate sticks. Can't I just shoot her?"
                                ...is he really that bad? Cos from what I've seen on screen previously, he looks pretty slick at it...
                                Joe gets the job done as any true pro would.

Comment

Working...
                                X