X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa
    Hi there, BamBam! Love your nickname
    Oh that *belt* comment is funny, but probably true!!
    I used to watch "Kung Fu" with David Carridine and "KF:The Legend Continues" also starring Chris Potter. Chris was doing some of his own martial arts stunts ~ starting out with the basics, and displayed only a few more advanced kicks and blocking, etc. towards the end of the series; but mastering all the techniques of the more experienced levels probably takes months if not years of training, as well as a (very) limber body.

Anyway, when I saw you in SG:A's "The Siege" ep, at first I thought Michael Shanks took a noname guest spot. Certain facial views looked just like him, plus having similar upper arm muscles - not overly muscular, but sort of just right... Other facial camera angles looked like Ben Browder (there is a similarity at points between them and the 3 of you, and you're all very adorable in your own ways).

But when you did that bowing thing at the end with "Teyla", I realized it was neither of them. I was sort of *wowed!* to finally learn it was really you, so it's an honor and privilege to hear from an actual cast member.

Question: will you be appearing in an On Camera status in any training scenes for any future SG:A eps; or if there is a "trainer type character", will that *trainer* role sort of alternate between "Teyla" and possibly the character of "Ronon Dex"? I thank you ahead of time for even just reading this.
    You are welcome in advance for your thank you. Thank you for your compliments. I can't say, mostly because I don't know, if the trainer, or training partner, will come back this season. It would be fun to do again. This is something that I am unaware of.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      Just watched the SciFi special last night and there was one short spot that showed a scene being filmed where Teyla is fighting someone outside with her "sticks". It was interesting to see, with no cuts or edits - just a straight shot of the scene as it was filmed.

I was really impressed with how much Rachel knew and how she moved. She has obviously spent a great deal of time training and it shows. Big "thumbs up" for all of you.
      Thank you very much for the kind comments. Thanx both from me and from Rachel as well. She worked very hard to be able to perform with the grace and speed that she does, but it came naturally to her.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
        Ok then......................you asked for it. On a film called "Say It Isn't So" I had to place my hand in a cow's butt, and be dragged in a mini cow stampede. The character I was doubling had lost an engagement ring in the ass of the cow and had to get it back. Is that weird enough for you?
        Oh, nice...

So what was the SGA one???

*Thanks for answering, as always*

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
          Oh, nice...

So what was the SGA one???

*Thanks for answering, as always*
          So far............nothing that compares to that! Nothing too out of the ordinary as far as stunts go.

Comment

Hi BamBam! On the Monday evening SciFi preview, we saw a snip of Dex and Teyla, with Teyla arguing she wouldn't hold a knife to his neck and I think Martin Wood agreeing. I know they were just fooling around, but who won?

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
              Hi BamBam! On the Monday evening SciFi preview, we saw a snip of Dex and Teyla, with Teyla arguing she wouldn't hold a knife to his neck and I think Martin Wood agreeing. I know they were just fooling around, but who won?
              I think that you will have to watch the show to see..............................I don't seem to remember, I was at the gym tonight, and was hit in the head a few too many times................uh, what was the question?

Comment

I'm still puzzled by something Bam...

Who was more traumatised...you or the cow..???

Oh, and did the person get their ring back in the end..?

*Ascends laughing...from Bam hitting her over the head for asking so many stupid questions*

Random question - what type of music do you like? Always lots of questions about stunts...be nice to know some other stuff about you...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Well.......................I am on my down time at this very moment. I am spending alot of time training...........as strange as that sounds. I also have the same interests as normal people..........dating, etc. So I guess that I would say that I am spending alot of time in the gym, and alot of time, er, elsewhere. LOL!! I am also doing a little bit of stunt work on a mini-series called "Merlin's Apprentice".
                  Thank you for sharing some personal stuff. It must be weird to tell strangers your private life activities!! Merlin's Apprentice sounds like a fun show to work on. Glad you get down time to do personal training, that is a non-stop must do. And also to date and be, er,.....elsewhere a lot!! I need to thank you again for being here and say how much I am enjoying your answers. You sound an awful lot like Joe. Are you sure you guys aren't related? hehe

Comment

Hi Mr. B--I'm really enjoying your answers even though the closest I get to doing stunts is some creative windmilling to keep from wiping out on ice in the winter.

Anyway, the scuttlebutt I see on GW is that Amanda Tapping has decided to avoid stunts given that she's a bit occupied with the baby when not filming. So my guess is you might not have worked with her directly. This makes me wonder: Do you get to meet & hang out at all with the actors if you're not directly working with them for a scene? It sounds like they are all pretty cool & down to earth, especially AT.

Thanks for taking our questions

Comment

Hello Bambam
                      It seems you answered alot on stick fighting between Teyla & Dex but I'm more interested in whether or not we will see more stick fighting between John & Teyla ? I really enjoy the stick fighting between John & Teyla and hope now with the intro of Dex that's NOT going to change

Thank You !!

Pam

Comment

HMMMMM! I am not sure if you have been asked this, so I will ask. You seem to favor Shanks (who is oh so hot!) Do you ever do any stunts for him? Or does he do all his own stunts? Thanks!
                        Kelly
                        Last edited by step9701; 15 July 2005, 08:49 AM. Reason: forgot to list name

Comment

You are welcome in advance for your thank you. Thank you for your compliments. I can't say, mostly because I don't know, if the trainer, or training partner, will come back this season. It would be fun to do again. This is something that I am unaware of.
                          hmmm...it must be a potential *plot bunny* going on thru my mind. Maybe TPTB can do something like that in future eps/seasons? anyway...

BamBam,
                          Wow! thank you for replying. I caught a glimpse of your new gateworld blog, and saw a very different photo from how you were viewed in "The Siege" ep. With the different hair cut, at first glances- there's no immediate resemblance to either Ben Browder or Michael Shanks, until you start angling the photo (in contrast with the actual "Siege" episode photos) in different ways (and cover the hair) a bit.

Best wishes on your Blog entries. I am looking forward to reading them. (Enjoyed your grammar comment, too! I'm usually a perfectionist at heart, except when writing because I tend to forget *little* details now and then.)

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                            I'm still puzzled by something Bam...

Who was more traumatised...you or the cow..???

Oh, and did the person get their ring back in the end..?

*Ascends laughing...from Bam hitting her over the head for asking so many stupid questions*

Random question - what type of music do you like? Always lots of questions about stunts...be nice to know some other stuff about you...
                            I really like Dancehall Reggae..............HipHop...........Rock.....quite a broad range actually.

Comment

Originally posted by purpletoo1
                              Thank you for sharing some personal stuff. It must be weird to tell strangers your private life activities!! Merlin's Apprentice sounds like a fun show to work on. Glad you get down time to do personal training, that is a non-stop must do. And also to date and be, er,.....elsewhere a lot!! I need to thank you again for being here and say how much I am enjoying your answers. You sound an awful lot like Joe. Are you sure you guys aren't related? hehe
                              Nope...........not related to Joe. LOL! We are quite different, actually. LOL!! If you all only knew us, you would see!!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Hi Mr. B--I'm really enjoying your answers even though the closest I get to doing stunts is some creative windmilling to keep from wiping out on ice in the winter.

Anyway, the scuttlebutt I see on GW is that Amanda Tapping has decided to avoid stunts given that she's a bit occupied with the baby when not filming. So my guess is you might not have worked with her directly. This makes me wonder: Do you get to meet & hang out at all with the actors if you're not directly working with them for a scene? It sounds like they are all pretty cool & down to earth, especially AT.

Thanks for taking our questions
                                I do see Amanda, and all the other actors, at the office, on set, where they, and I, happen to be. We all work in the same place so..............and yes, Amanda is very, very sweet, and I would even refer to her as cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X