This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you get nine?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
      By the way..............I am the absolute hugest Ali fan. My Father and I would watch his fights when I was small..................I gotta see that photo!! Please?!

Thanks for your reply BTW. I find it fascinating to learn about how people get started in martial arts, especially those who stick with it for so long!

As for the photo, let's see if I can get this right... Pretty cool to see Ali towering over the Koreans.

Comment

Hey just watching Siege III, when Ford and his team engage that wraith group at the start of the episode, one of the wraith grabs onto a marines back and THROWS him a huge distance, said Marine then slaming his head onto a conveninetly placed crate or something before whirling out of frame.

How the heck did you manage THAT?
        --
        The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

Hi BamBam,

Man I'm loving your Blog. Thanks for taking the time to do this for us.

So the fight this weekend that you say some folks from your gym will be fighting in are you fighting as well or just going to support others from your gym?

I saw Torri at the Burbank Con and she said she would be geting some fight training when she returned to Vancouver for an upcoming episode. How is that going?
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            You wanted to be a stuntman since you were 6 lol

I am happy you got your wish
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rhoboat
              Thanks for your reply BTW. I find it fascinating to learn about how people get started in martial arts, especially those who stick with it for so long!

As for the photo, let's see if I can get this right... Pretty cool to see Ali towering over the Koreans.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh my ...................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh...........Thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris O'Farrell
                Hey just watching Siege III, when Ford and his team engage that wraith group at the start of the episode, one of the wraith grabs onto a marines back and THROWS him a huge distance, said Marine then slaming his head onto a conveninetly placed crate or something before whirling out of frame.

How the heck did you manage THAT?
                That is known in the stunt world as a rachet. It is a machine powered wire pull that is very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  Hi BamBam,

Man I'm loving your Blog. Thanks for taking the time to do this for us.

So the fight this weekend that you say some folks from your gym will be fighting in are you fighting as well or just going to support others from your gym?

I saw Torri at the Burbank Con and she said she would be geting some fight training when she returned to Vancouver for an upcoming episode. How is that going?
                  I was asked to fight on this card, 38 years old I am.....LOL, but my work schedule during our hiatus took on the form of some night shifts that got in the way of the crucial training period. I go to support other fighters that I train with. Since we have been back at it and shooting again, Tori and I have not had a chance to refresh the little training that we began before hiatus.

Comment

Hey BamBam,

I've been puting this off, but I figured it's about time I ask.

Did we meet while I was up at the studio? I'm the guy that won the "Get in the Gate" contest. I was up there in Sept/Oct last year during the filming of "The Siege." If you are who I think you are, then we did meet when you were working with Joe and Rachel outside, during lunch, with the sticks. (Can't think of what they are called) My friend Greg and I were with Rainbow at the time. Don't know if you remember or not, but I thought I'd ask.
                    Last edited by N8ball88; 22 July 2005, 09:19 PM.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
                      Hey BamBam,

I've been puting this off, but I figured it's about time I ask.

Did we meet while I was up at the studio? I'm the guy that won the "Get in the Gate" contest. I was up there in Sept/Oct last year during the filming of "The Siege." If you are who I think you are, then we did meet when you were working with Joe and Rachel outside, during lunch, with the sticks. (Can't think of what they are called) My friend Greg and I were with Rainbow at the time. Don't know if you remember or not, but I thought I'd ask.
                      You are correct, that was me. Athosian bantos rods, as far as the show goes, for the name of the sticks. I hope that you are keeping well. Take care.

Comment

For BamBam in case you hadn't heard and only b/c he's been listed as a stuntman on SG-1:::

"Smallville" stuntman Christopher Sayour was in serious condition at a hospital in Vancouver, Canada, after being injured in a fall during filming on the show, his family said Wednesday.

The 35-year-old Sayour suffered multiple fractures and internal injuries in Tuesday's accident, and "we ask everyone to join us in praying for Christopher's recovery," his family said in a statement.

Sayour is the stunt coordinator on the teen Superman drama. He has been the stunt double for series star Tom Welling, who plays Clark Kent, since the show's debut in 2001.

A joint statement by the WB television network and Warner Bros. said their thoughts and prayers are with Sayour's family.

Initial reports said Sayour fell 26 feet, but a later report said he dropped 37 feet, said Donna Freeman, a spokeswoman for the regional Workmen's Compensation Board, which is investigating.

Sayour worked as a stuntman on "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas," "Star Trek: Nemesis" "Stargate SG-1" and "I, Robot."

"Stargate SG-1" playing "Jaffa" in episode: "Heroes: Part 2" (episode # 7.18) 20 February 2004
                        "Stargate SG-1" playing "Jaffa #5" in episode: "Avenger 2.0" (episode # 7.9) 8 August 2003

Check out an excerpt of my SG-1 book on my blog..http://saqqarasblog.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.atlantissgc.org/saqqara

Comment

Originally posted by Saqqara
                          For BamBam in case you hadn't heard and only b/c he's been listed as a stuntman on SG-1:::

"Smallville" stuntman Christopher Sayour was in serious condition at a hospital in Vancouver, Canada, after being injured in a fall during filming on the show, his family said Wednesday.

The 35-year-old Sayour suffered multiple fractures and internal injuries in Tuesday's accident, and "we ask everyone to join us in praying for Christopher's recovery," his family said in a statement.

Sayour is the stunt coordinator on the teen Superman drama. He has been the stunt double for series star Tom Welling, who plays Clark Kent, since the show's debut in 2001.

A joint statement by the WB television network and Warner Bros. said their thoughts and prayers are with Sayour's family.

Initial reports said Sayour fell 26 feet, but a later report said he dropped 37 feet, said Donna Freeman, a spokeswoman for the regional Workmen's Compensation Board, which is investigating.

Sayour worked as a stuntman on "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas," "Star Trek: Nemesis" "Stargate SG-1" and "I, Robot."

"Stargate SG-1" playing "Jaffa" in episode: "Heroes: Part 2" (episode # 7.18) 20 February 2004
                          "Stargate SG-1" playing "Jaffa #5" in episode: "Avenger 2.0" (episode # 7.9) 8 August 2003
                          Yes, thank-you for that. I figured someone would bring this up here. Chris is a very multi-talented individual, stuntman, and friend. We are all concerned for him, but knowing him as I do, he is one tough #$@%!@&! I'm am confident that he will get through this in the style that he always works in. The distance that was quoted to me by various folks in the industry up here was a 20-26 foot fall. Chris has also recently worked on Atlantis Season 2 in the episode "Condemned".

Comment

Hey BamBam,

Okay question first so how was the fight last weekend? Hope your friends did well.

Love S2 so far and I especially look forward to seeing Jason for the first time this week in "Runner" - I would guess we will see some of your great handy work in this episode.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Hey BamBam,

Okay question first so how was the fight last weekend? Hope your friends did well.

Love S2 so far and I especially look forward to seeing Jason for the first time this week in "Runner" - I would guess we will see some of your great handy work in this episode.
                              Check out the BLOG for fight results!! I think......................I know that you will be very pleased with "Runner"! Jason is introduced with a BANG, and keeps on kickin' butt!! I won't ruin it for you. I think that you will be impressed with Ford in this episode as well. It's because of episodes like this that we refer to Martin Wood sometimes as "Tin Woo". You can figure that one out for yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                                You wanted to be a stuntman since you were 6 lol

I am happy you got your wish
                                Originally posted by 2BAM
                                Thank you.
                                Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X