Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, the interviewer asked if CARTER believed in God, he didn't ask if Amanda did. How the actor views their character is interesting to me.
    However, he interjected his own personal viewpoint on his personal beliefs by answering 'Good' when AT answered in the affirmative when asked if Carter prayed.

I have to say that this aspect of the interview didn't bother me that much. But I did raise an eyebrow at the above comment and thought that it was unprofessional of the interviewer to interject his own opinions so forcefully into an interview. Bad form really.

It wasn't the initial question or the answer which I found surprising - it seems a legitimate question to ask, but the comment by the interviewer once it had been answered.

But, as I say, I couldn't care less about religion being asked about in an interview, per se.

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

i think that amanda is a pro when it comes to interviews and if she didn't want to answer a question, she'd say so. as to whether or not a question is 'appropriate'...hey that'sa subjective term and means different things to different people
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
        However, he interjected his own personal viewpoint on his personal beliefs by answering 'Good' when AT answered in the affirmative when asked if Carter prayed.

Albion
        Having not heard the interview, just read it, I have to ask: Could the 'Good' have simply been a neutral comment, acknowledging the answer and ready to move on, an alternative to 'Okay'? The next comment is on a different subject ...

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i think that amanda is a pro when it comes to interviews and if she didn't want to answer a question, she'd say so. as to whether or not a question is 'appropriate'...hey that'sa subjective term and means different things to different people
          After all, there was the piece on Channel 4 in November when the interviewer asked if he could call her "Mandy" and she said "No."

However, at the Gabit convention in October, Amanda did answer every question fully, even ones that were clearly difficult ...

All the best

Pam

Comment

Though I thought this interview was great, I actually skipped over the religion bit - cos personally I didn't want to know.

Carter is AT's character, not ours and if you find it uncomfortable when it comes to religion then don't read that bit.

I thought that the religion bit was a bit inappropriate in the interview, I know there's a connection with Season 9's main theme and that, the alley has to be explored but the method of delivering, I didn't like it.

Sure I might be an atheist and I believe in science primarily but every now and again, I think about the possibilities of higher beings, and no I'm not on about just God, singular. I mean be-ings.

Look, if you find religion uncomfortable to deal with then just skip it. *shrugs*
            Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
            WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Working...
            X