Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
    Kudos to AT on being a working mum 'n' all that, but could've done without that image of her rushing to her trailer, pink-cheeked, hair tousled, stripping her uniform off in order to feed the baby. Wait a minute, on second thoughts.... nope, don't mind that image at all. AT, you rock!

Comment

Lovely interview and so nice to hear Olivia in the back ground!
      Hope Amanda's upbeat thoughts for s10 turn out good because she really has shown just what a great lady she is with all this not knowing what and where Sam's place will be in the new season.
      ......TARA......

Comment

Great interview.

I could so relate to baby, work, breast pump, and lack of sleep. But not to being on tv for all to see during that stage.

Comment

Great interview. Interesting to hear her take on some of Sam's situations and thoughts. Thanks!

Comment

Great Interview ! You folks surely work your AS--S off !

One thing about Season 10 I don't understand, though.

Who SAYS Amanda's role will change ?? We had Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c.
            All BIG STRONG Men. (If not physically, then mentally, in Daniel's case.)
            They could each 'hold their own' but were FAR more potent when they worked together !!!

So WHY is it that somehow, introducing a new, strong, opinionated woman (Vala), FORCES Sam OUT ????

Hell. Sam has 'saved the world' "n" times now. Vala has done so once. I say the NEXT time they should work together to 'save the world' ! Working in a way that only Women of determination & intelligence can, leaving the men with their jaws on the floor !

I personally think this ''concern" is all tripe, and that these two distinct and strong Women have the ability to ROCK the whole show in ways never before dreamed !!!
            ==
            But that's just my opinion. :>D (I hope J.M. & A.T. read this !)

Comment

I loved the 2nd part of the interview as well. AT is such a class act and very professional. I loved hearing about little Olivia too. Thanks David and Amanda Tapping for the interview!

Comment

Just finished reading the 2nd part of the AT interview. All I can say is that it affirms my faith in her as an actress and *her* vision of the character she plays. Kudos to David for doing such a great interview and for AT being so gracious to answer so many questions so honestly and directly.

((((AT)))))

(((David)))

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  Olivia is Amanda Tapping's newborn daughter.
                  Ahhhh....So, how will she be joining SG-1 in season 37..?

Or was that guy just playing with my head? Coz that's just rude...
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

A great interview - thank You Gate world Staff and Amanda Tapping

Please do force the boys / pros to let you direct this year!

Dont be TOO gracious to them!

Remember one or two or several of them border on being "otaku" in the worse possible sense of that word!

That whole business with Orlin coming back "younger" has me feeling apprehensive but I'm assured knowing you'll handle the material with grace and style and skill.

If you read fanfic and you're lurking I cordially invite you and other fans and pros to check out SassyGate part of Neith's Place where the characters play between the scenes. We currently have Xmas Greetings on on the Gallery page

Neith

http://www.geocities.com/scholara.index.html
                    Keep the science in SciFi!

Comment

Great interview! Kudos to David and everyone involved and special thanks to Amanda for allowing us to see a bit of how she is handling the new changes in her life and at work. Hopefully people will learn to remember that the actors on the show are simply people doing a job and they all have their own set of problems and insecurities once they step from behind the camera. It's too bad so many fans seem to forget that and they are often so cruel.

Thanks again,
                      Kat
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 30 December 2005, 04:47 PM.

Comment

That's absolutely true. These actors are allowed to get grumpy. They are fallible and not made of steel.

I have a problem with fans who believe their favorite actor can never say the wrong thing or be responsible for something ill. They pit everyone and everything else against them like a measuring rod. Everyone else is out to get their favorite actor / actress. To me, this borders on deification and that's a big No-no. Actors are people. So many others deserve so much more. Your teachers do. Your parents do. Your doctors do. Your spouse does. Every once in a while you need to poke your head out of the sand. I hope to illustrate this in my new blog soon.

But as long as you know when to quit, there's nothing wrong with believing, every once in a while, that they're larger than life.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                          But as long as you know when to quit, there's nothing wrong with believing, every once in a while, that they're larger than life.

David! I'm glad you're here. I just read part 2 of the article. It felt like you really connected with her. Amanda Tapping is a very warm person and the article showed that. I describe her to people as a "hugger". She's not larger than life at all, although she's taller than I expected.

Great interview, David.
                          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Great interview! Sam's my fav character by far. Amanda is completely personable, friendly and down-to-earth and very appreciative of her fans. I can't wait to meet her in Vancouver this March.

Hatusu you are right...she does seem like a 'hugger' In only the best way.
                            Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

Originally posted by David
                              That's absolutely true. These actors are allowed to get grumpy. They are fallible and not made of steel.

Yes. I don't think any of us would want to be in their position--with some people analyzing your every move and statement--for deification or derision. Yikes. I certainly admire Amanda Tapping's talent and she seems like a very genuine person, but it's not like I *know* her.

Comment

Thanks for the Interview!!!!

AT rocks

I agree with her here:

"It's a little daunting, actually," she tells us. "I'm a little intimidated by the whole thought of it. I feel very much that my place is on SG-1 and not necessarily on Atlantis. I think Atlantis is a place where I can go once in a while, pop my head in and help McKay figure stuff out. I'm not sure my place is there.
                                Her place is on SG-1, not Atlantis, I hope they don't make that change.

She is an original cast member from episode 1, she deserves to be there full time.

I don't like Vala becoming a regular member at all, this isn't Farscape, It's Stargate damnit!

LOL

Literally there was one time when I ran from set, un-strapped my gun, ran from set to my trailer, unzipped my vest, unzipped my jacket, lifted up my tee-shirt, popped the baby on my boob and went, "OK, OK -- we can do this! I'm a mom! Bye, Olivia! Mommy's going to kill some invisible Jaffa right now!" Yeah, kinda goofy.
                                Dr. Rodney McKay to Major John Sheppard: "The Romancing the Alien Priestess.... It's very 1967 of you."

Comment

Working...
                                X