Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David is cooking up a short sampler audio file right now for forum members (including the first sounds of Olivia)! The full interview audio ended up too low-quality to post for the world.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
      David is cooking up a short sampler audio file right now for forum members (including the first sounds of Olivia)! The full interview audio ended up too low-quality to post for the world.
      Ooo, nice Though I'm really not that concerned about audio quality anyway

Comment

Great interview. Thank you.

Comment

Okay David I enjoyed the first part yesterday but part two was even better. Thanks
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I loved both parts. Thanks for doing this. Oh, I'd love to hear the audio version too!
            sigpic

Comment

Wonderful interview. She seems like a lovely, down to earth kind of person. Now that we know that she reads Gateworld, I hope some people back off a bit.
              Thanks to both GW and Ms. Tapping!

Comment

Back off a bit? On the contrary, I think this will kick her detractors into ever lower levels of vitriol and spite. Which is sad, and shows just how pathetic some people can be. *sigh*

The interview was lovely, but I wonder at her uncertainty over Sam's future. It makes me uneasy, despite whatever platitudes Joe vomits at us. I may not watch SG-1 anymore, but I still think Amanda's a really classy lady (and I've met her a few times so I at least have SOME basis for opinion on that) and a great actress and I wish her well in the future... even if it's on Stargate.
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 27 December 2005, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Back off a bit? On the contrary, I think this will kick her detractors into ever lower levels of vitriol and spite. Which is sad, and shows just how pathetic some people can be. *sigh*
                  Like they even need an excuse to do that
                  Quite frankly, let 'em do their little tantrums. All it shows is what utter idots they are.
                  I know what a class act Amanda is. I really dont care what some raving lunatic from another fanbase spits out in their attempts to bring down one character and shore up another.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Like they even need an excuse to do that
                    Quite frankly, let 'em do their little tantrums. All it shows is what utter idots they are.
                    I know what a class act Amanda is. I really dont care what some raving lunatic from another fanbase spits out in their attempts to bring down one character and shore up another.
                    Oh, I don't think it's ONLY the fans from another fanbase. I'm definitely from another fan base. At any rate, anytime personal attacks are made on anyone's job performance, it's tacky. I mean, sure, criticize and analyze the way a professional would but stooping to name calling and such is pretty low. I think most actors are used to the analysis. It's the petty stuff they can do without.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                      Oh, I don't think it's ONLY the fans from another fanbase. I'm definitely from another fan base.
                      Oh, I know that. However I'm quite sure that a large portion of it comes from a subsection of another fanbase[/QUOTE]

Comment

That was a fantastic interview David.

It was nice that AT was so upbeat adn positive even in the face of such uncertainty about her future.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Humans will be humans. Unfortunately.

But as has been said, MOST of us know how great Amanda is and while she deserves better than to be ripped into by a bunch of infantile curs, at leat they're in the minority and only showing their true colors by throwing their dung about. And doing it in the cloak of anonymity, like the cowardly slugs they are. Salt them all, I say, and let's move on to happier topics. Like the baby. Yay for her and for Olivia.

Comment

Everyone ready to hear Olivia for the first time?
                            You'll need to turn your sets up for this one.

Comment

David, that was an outstanding interview. Thank you so much for doing it and sharing it with us all.

minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by David
                                Everyone ready to hear Olivia for the first time?
                                You'll need to turn your sets up for this one.
                                lol I see what you mean by too low quality. Had to listen a few times before I caught the cooing in the background

Comment

Working...
                                X