'Phenomenon' Teaser On-Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David
    The film will be entirely free. We can't and won't make any money from it. It is a labor of love.
    wow, that's good so far cant wait to see the finished product and while i'd love to be in it... im too poor/ and too broke to go to cons... now if the cons would just come to my neck of the woods, I'd be very happy.
    sigpic

Comment

Heh... RodneyBear. That was very cool and I can't wait to see the finished product. December seems so far away....

Comment

Any chance of getting a Quicktime version? My comp doesn't get along with Windows Media Player.
        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
        Daniel: Oh! You see?
        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
          Any chance of getting a Quicktime version? My comp doesn't get along with Windows Media Player.
          Get Winamp. Kicks the crap out of Windows media player, and it'll play those .wmv files just fine

Comment

I think Phenomen is long over due and David, et al, you have done a truly professional and excellent job. I was there in Vancouver, and watched some of the filming. I hope you include more of the stars, esp. those that performed, as they showed us another side of their very talented selves. I also hope TPTB will be included, as well as some shots of audience reaction. My one gripe is that the majority of people interviewed were members of Gateworld, either staff or from the Forum, and these people were used again and again. It would have been nice to get a more rounded view of the show and the Con, esp. from "virgins", ie, first time Con attendees. Also, please include Carter.....the little boy I saw you interviewing while we were waiting in line for a photo op. He won the costume competition and he was just something to watch!

Thank you sincerely for this wonderful documentary. I'll be here in December, ready to purchase it!
            Last edited by Lida; 29 April 2005, 05:22 PM.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

This was just a teaser. The full vid won't be ready until December and I'm pretty sure David snagged as many different people at possible at the con and will do so again at Gatecon.

Phenomenon has been advertised and talked about on multiple forums; there has been linkage back to the form to fill out and no doubt David has/will accost random strangers as well when he's on location.

That being said, there probably WILL be a lot of Gateworlders in the vid because it's a Gateworld vid and Gateworlders are the ones most likely to know about it, most likely to be interested and most likely to trust David to be able to pull this off. *frowns* Then again, if people know David so well, why are they trusting him with this?? j/k

Anyway, just because there are a lot of Gateworlders in the teaser doesn't mean that's all we're gonna see in the final cut as well, it just means that... well, there are Gateworlders in the teaser.

As for the "buying" thing... despite CKO's strange obsession with money issues, the vid is completely, 100% F-R-E-E!

Comment

I will be shooting fans for probably one more convention -- at Gatecon, and then after that I'm not sure what's going to happen as far as they are concerned. I'm not even sure if I'm doing Creation Chicago, and if I am going I may be taking a "convention off" in terms of shooting the documentary there. (There are a lot of other things do to at these events ) I'm also making a special trip to Los Angeles to get some footage of one or two fans there, plus several stars I am unable to disclose at the present time

Comment

how bout ya make a side trip to Rapid City SD as well... that way i can get in the vid

FREE is good.. i like free
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm more than willing to accept any footage from fans as long as it was recorded on 16:9 digital video tape.

Comment

David; this was great. Thanks for the preview. Can't wait to see the finished product. Thunkers; wonder what those are?
                      Last edited by Kliggins; 28 April 2005, 08:55 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Cute vid. sounds like it'll be cool. What a great time to be a GW'r!
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Just watched the teaser...nicely done

And wow, there has been a huge improvement in the camera work too...have you been studying?

The framing is a whole lot better than anything you've put up before (much more professional feel to it...more balance and depth) and I think the audio quality has improved too...were you using the camera mike or did you attach some kind of unidirectional??

And was that lighting set up on David Nykl intentional or just the way the venue was on the day??

And what kind of camera did you use? Manual or automatic focus??

Oh and what kind of length are you aiming for for the finished product?

Lots of questions, sorry (studying to become a documentary-maker & writing my second ever doco and pitching a third so the uni will let me run away with their equipment hehe)

Comment

I'm one of those people that has a Mac (*takes up defensive stance* ), and for some reason Windows Media Player doesn't work on my comp and WinAmp is just for Windows. So, is there any chance for a Quicktime version, or is there another program I can download that would work on a Mac?
                            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

It looks great, thanks for the teaser. I look forward to watching it in December since I'm one of those people who live in the middle of nowhere (Kansas) and doesn't have an opportunity to go to all these great cons.
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

this is just based on a quick search, but see if this is will work:

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X