Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU Casting ,News and Tidbits (Spoilers S1 & 2)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showb...8057-21772653/

or http://tinyurl.com/yzcrhpk

I turned down seven-figure ad offer as bosses wanted me to strip, says Scots actor Robert Carlyle
    Oct 25 2009

ROBERT CARLYLE has revealed how he turned down a milliondollar offer to repeat his Full Monty striptease for a TV advert.
    The star admitted he was tempted, but rejected the massive pay-day because he could not have lived with himself.
    He told the Sunday Mail: “I have been offered some serious money to do commercials and that was the most ridiculous one of all.
    “Remember the Citroen advert where Claudia Schiffer came down the stairs taking off her clothes? They wanted me to do that!”

REST AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6888881.ece

or http://tinyurl.com/RC-role

October 25, 2009
    Robert Carlyle fans can buy a role in his new film

EXCERPT: Producers of a thriller starring Robert Carlyle are offering fans the chance to appear on screen alongside the actor in return for investing in the film.
    The Glasgow-born star of Trainspotting and the Full Monty has signed up for the lead role in Clean Skin, a British film in which Carlyle plays an MI5 agent. The movie is set in and around London and is due to begin filming early next year.
    Private investors are being invited to buy shares in the movie by UK Film Studio, a London-based firm involved in the venture, with the chance that they will appear as extras with speaking parts.
    Those who help to bankroll the film will also be invited to gala screenings and after-film parties in London’s West End and Cannes.
    Investors will enjoy tax relief on their contributions and the possibility of tax-free profits if the film is a box office success.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Ryan Kennedy (Dr. Williams, SGU, in upcoming episode “Earth”)

http://montgomerynews.com/articles/2...5828701314.txt
      or
      http://tinyurl.com/SGUacator

Hollywood comes to Philly’s FirstGlance Festival
      Published: Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lights, camera, soft pretzels! Hollywood comes to Philadelphia with FirstGlance Films, Oct. 22 to 25, at the Franklin Institute, 222 N. 20th St., Philadelphia.

East Norriton’s own Kat Phillips of kat scratch films will debut her newest feature film, “Chasing the White Dragon,” at 7:45 p.m., Oct. 23. This gripping tale depicts a fictional group of crystal meth users trapped in a torrent of violence, deceit, paranoia and passion who must either leap from the careening roller coaster or ride it to its nightmarish end.

The film starts Ryan Kennedy (“The Invisible,” “The Hunter,” “Blade: The Series,” “Stargate Universe”) and Amanda Ward (“Invasion of the Pod People,” “Legion of the Dean,” “Freakshow,” “King of the Lost World”), Austin Haley (“One Life to Live,” “Another World”) and Johnny McPhail (“Ballast”). It features music by One Less Reason, Brett Dennen, Kree Harrison and Soular.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Ryan’s IMDB page : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0448317/

Comment

Alaina Huffman (SGU)

http://www.unificationfrance.com/spip.php?article8233

Stargate Universe : Alaina Huffman est enceinte
        L’actrice Alaina Huffman, qui incarne le Lieutenant Johansen dans la nouvelle série Stargate Universe, a annoncé à SCI FI PI, qui est le site internet de la chaîne qui diffuse la série en Australie, qu’elle est enceinte. Selon les dernières informations elle devrait accoucher début décembre, ce qui a porté donc à 7 mois et demi la durée de la grossesse au moment de la fin du tournage de la première saison de Stargate Universe. Une question se pose : les scénaristes ont-ils incorporé sa grossesse dans le scénario comme cela avait été le cas pour Rachel Luttrell dans Stargate Atlantis ?

REST AT LINK ABOVE

++++++++++++++++++++++

Patrick Gilmore (SGU)

http://newteevee.com/2009/11/02/dr-h...orld-of-riese/

Dr Horrible sized budget creates steampunk world of Riese

In the echo chamber that is pop culture, many sci-fi and fantasy genres feel overplayed, but unless you’re a Boing Boing addict, steampunk is not one of them. So the series Riese, launching today on YouTube and Koldcast, definitely has an opportunity to define the quirky combination of fictional technology and a Victorian-era aesthetic for the web video medium.
        ….
        According to series co-creator Ryan Copple, the costs of producing Riese (which was produced in Vancouver, B.C.) were “as much as was spent on [web series touchstone] Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.” This, according to a recent Forbes profile, would mean that the budget was approximately $200,000, part of which came from private investors and part of which was supplied by Copple himself.
        That number seems high for a series lacking major stars (though cast members Sharon Taylor, Ben Cotton, and Patrick Gilmore are established actors within the Vancouver TV scene — which means that they’ve all had major roles in various Stargate permutations

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Brad Wright making more friends, this time in the media...

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....rse-syfy-.html

Comment

Ming-Na is featured in the "know your asians" game on the Wanda Sykes Show

From about 6 min onwards:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnmQh...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Ming-Na is featured in the "know your asians" game on the Wanda Sykes Show

From about 6 min onwards:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnmQh...eature=related
              It's been removed.

Comment

From TV Guide Magazine Online (Edited for relevance):

Question: Also, have you seen Stargate Universe? This is a show I really wanted to love. I enjoyed SG-1 and loved Stargate Atlantis, but this latest installment leaves me feeling flat. I understand that they want to create a different show, more serious then the previous two, but so far for me nothing is working. The characters are boring. I can't seem to care about any of them, and with actors as talented as Robert Carlyle, David Blue and Ming Na, that shouldn't happen. The choice to keep the set so dark just makes me think they have something to hide, as in a bad set design. It doesn't strike me as moody or gritty, but rather that they are trying and failing to achieve that. The lines for Eli are trying way too hard to be comic relief. None of the peril feels real, I have no sense of danger for any of the main characters. I adore science fiction and was really looking forward to having a new Friday night show, but I’m afraid that this isn't it

Matt Roush: Secondly, Stargate Universe. I can’t really argue with you that the show’s relentless grimness (in the episodes I’ve seen; I’m one or two behind) could work against its in the long run, especially for those weaned on the previous Stargate series’ lighter touch. The big proble, as you note, is that unlike the camaraderie and chemistry of the previous casts, very few characters have popped yet, although I like the intensity of Robert Carlyle and the “math-boy” nerdiness of David Blue. And I do think the show has managed to sustain a fairly consistent tone of danger and fear, given that much of what happens on this Ancient ship is out of their control. But since we know there’s not a show if they don’t somehow survive, it’s probably true that if it doesn’t become a little more of a joyride in the near future, complaints will likely get even louder
                http://tvguidemagazine.com/ask-matt/...ders-3129.html

Comment

Robert Carlyle

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/...e-british-film

Robert Carlyle: reserve screens for UK productions
                  Trainspotting actor urges cinema chains to give 'a wee leg up' to the British film industry

EXCERPT: Actor Robert Carlyle has called on cinema chains to "give a leg up" to the British film industry by reserving at least one screen in multiplexes to show UK productions.

Speaking at the Bafta Scotland awards in Glasgow on Sunday, the Trainspotting and Full Monty actor said, "I look at all these multiplex cinemas, 15 and 20 screens. They are basically wall-to-wall American product. You will be lucky if you find any British subject in there at all.

"I don't see why there's anything wrong in giving our industry a wee lift up, a wee leg up, and reserving one of these screens, just one of these screens for a British product

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

How ever much I like him, he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. The British film industry is in a better position now than it has been for decades, last year it took a 15% share of the international market, and when you consider what it has to compete with (Hollywood) that's pretty massive. I suppose maybe he's talking about the smaller, independent films...

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      How ever much I like him, he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. The British film industry is in a better position now than it has been for decades, last year it took a 15% share of the international market, and when you consider what it has to compete with (Hollywood) that's pretty massive. I suppose maybe he's talking about the smaller, independent films...
                      Hey, what's the problem with him hating on the Brits though? More time for him to spend down in Vancouver if SGU comes back for a second season! (And any other concurrent seasons...)
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        Hey, what's the problem with him hating on the Brits though? More time for him to spend down in Vancouver if SGU comes back for a second season! (And any other concurrent seasons...)
                        Huh? He's not hating on the Brits, he's hating on the pathetic state of affairs that is independent or low budget British film. The average cinema-going public is an idiot, basically, and the industry is forced to pander to them in order to survive.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...197/story.html

Sci-fi series navigate the dangerous waters between the web and TV

VANCOUVER — Riese, the heroine of the online sci-fi thriller series that bears her name, kicks ass and take names.

The evil occupiers of her nation of Elysia, have cast her out as prey. She’s hunted, intense, and, if her producers get their way, she’s eager to jump from the Internet to the TV screens of hordes of sci-fi steampunk fantasy fans around the world.

Riese’s cliffhanging series debut hit the web Nov. 2, and has since been seen by more than 40,000 visitors at Riesetheseries.com. The second episode airs Nov. 16.

In a tight broadcast economy, and without a established brand or comic-book hero to lure longtime fans, sci-fi producers are eyeing the Internet to launch their shows, with an eventual landing to TV screens.
                          ….
                          Co-stars Jan Taylor appeared on Stargate: Atlantis and Ben Cotton and Patrick Gilmore both appeared in the Stargate franchise.

Comment

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...161/story.html

Sci-fi series finds Sanctuary on TV

Excerpt: VANCOUVER -- Riese, the heroine of the online sci-fi thriller series that bears her name, kicks ass and take names.
                            The evil occupiers of her nation of Elysia, have cast her out as prey. She's intense and, if her producers get their way, she's eager to jump from the Internet to the TV screens of hordes of sci-fi steampunk fantasy fans around the world.
                            Riese's cliffhanging series debut hit the web Nov. 2, and has since been seen by more than 40,000 visitors at Riesetheseries.com. The second episode aired Monday (Nov. 16).

REST AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show...kins-role.html

or http://bit.ly/4CUQcq

Brian J Smith steps into Anthony Hopkins role

Excrept: Brian J. Smith of "Stargate Universe" plays Hector MacQueen in the new ITV production of Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express."
                              Brian J. Smith is filming "Murder on the Orient Express." MGM photo
                              Anyone who watches PBS' "Masterpiece Mystery" knows actor David Suchet's marvelous take on sleuth Hercule Poirot, Christie's most famous character. The film will air sometime in 2010 on PBS.

According to ITV, four new Poirot films already have been filmed: "Appointment with Death," "The Clocks," "Three Act Tragedy" and "Hallowe'en Party." I believe they will all be part of next year's "Masterpiece Mystery."

REST AT LINK ABOVE + press release

Comment

David Blue

Moonlight is on the CHILLER CHANNEL

Here are DAVID BLUE’s episodes

11/19 – 10pm – Love Lasts Forever
                                11/19 – 11pm – The Mortal Cure
                                11/20 – 8pm – Fated to Pretend
                                11/20 – 9pm – Click
                                11/20 – 11pm – Sonta

Here’s full schedule of all episodes:

Today - 9:00 PM - Out of the Past
                                Today - 10:00 PM - Doctor Feel Good
                                Today - 11:00 PM - Fever
                                Tomorrow - 12:00 AM - No Such Things as Vampires
                                Tomorrow - 1:00 AM - Out of the Past -
                                Tomorrow - 2:00 AM - Doctor Feel Good
                                Tomorrow - 3:00 AM - Fever
                                Tomorrow - 8:00 PM - Arrested Development
                                Tomorrow - 9:00 PM - B.C. -
                                Tomorrow - 10:00 PM - The Ringer
                                Tomorrow - 11:00 PM - 12:04 AM
                                Thu, Nov 19 - 12:00 AM - Arrested Development
                                Thu, Nov 19 - 1:00 AM - B.C. -
                                Thu, Nov 19 - 2:00 AM - The Ringer
                                Thu, Nov 19 - 3:00 AM - 12:04 AM
                                Thu, Nov 19 - 8:00 PM - Fleur de Lis
                                Thu, Nov 19 - 9:00 PM - Sleeping Beauty - 12/14
                                Thu, Nov 19 - 10:00 PM - Love Lasts Forever
                                Thu, Nov 19 - 11:00 PM - The Mortal Cure
                                Fri, Nov 20 - 12:00 AM - Fleur de Lis
                                Fri, Nov 20 - 1:00 AM - Sleeping Beauty
                                Fri, Nov 20 - 2:00 AM - Love Lasts Forever)
                                Fri, Nov 20 - 3:00 AM - The Mortal Cure
                                Fri, Nov 20 - 8:00 PM - Fated to Pretend
                                Fri, Nov 20 - 9:00 PM - Click
                                Fri, Nov 20 - 10:00 PM - What's Left Behind
                                Fri, Nov 20 - 11:00 PM - Sonata
                                Sat, Nov 21 - 12:00 AM - Fated to Pretend
                                Sat, Nov 21 - 1:00 AM - Click
                                Sat, Nov 21 - 2:00 AM - What's Left Behind
                                Sat, Nov 21 - 3:00 AM - Sonata
                                Mon, Nov 23 - 8:00 PM - No Such Things as Vampires
                                Tue, Nov 24 - 3:00 AM - No Such Things as Vampires
                                Thu, Nov 26 - 9:00 AM - No Such Things as Vampires
                                Thu, Nov 26 - 10:00 AM - Out of the Past
                                Thu, Nov 26 - 11:00 AM - Doctor Feel Good
                                Thu, Nov 26 - 12:00 PM - Fever
                                Thu, Nov 26 - 1:00 PM - Arrested Development
                                Thu, Nov 26 - 2:00 PM - B.C.
                                Thu, Nov 26 - 3:00 PM - The Ringer
                                Thu, Nov 26 - 4:00 PM - 12:04 AM
                                Fri, Nov 27 - 9:00 AM - Fleur de Lis
                                Fri, Nov 27 - 10:00 AM - Sleeping Beauty
                                Fri, Nov 27 - 11:00 AM - Love Lasts Forever
                                Fri, Nov 27 - 12:00 PM - The Mortal Cure
                                Fri, Nov 27 - 1:00 PM - Fated to Pretend