Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU Casting ,News and Tidbits (Spoilers S1 & 2)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Awesome, my week is set!
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Jamil Walker Smith (SGU)

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f154/ja...-smith-211437/

Collection of photos.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

http://www.dose.ca/tv/Interview+Loui...560/story.html

Interview: Louis Ferreira of Stargate Universe

After a brief guest appearance on Star Trek Voyager in 1998, Louis Ferreira swore he would never do another science fiction series ever again. Two days of work playing a holographic tree was enough to convince the actor that sci-fi was not his genre.
        “It was pretty bizarre. I was completely latexed up, from body to branches and everything,” Ferreira remembers. “I can only tell you how much admiration I have for people who can sit in a chair for four hours to get ready and another two hours to undo it. I’m not that guy. And they didn’t give me any way to use the bathroom!”

REST AT LINK ABOVE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.zimbio.com/Alaina+Huffman...n+Pics+and+Bio

Alaina Huffman Pics and Bio

Alaina Huffman is a featured babe on Maxim.com, and the Canadian beauty wants you to watch her on TV's Stargate Universe. She plays Lt. Tamara Johansen, who's also a medic in the Air Force, and she says her character is basically in charge of everyone on the Destiny. Yikes.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

David Blue interview – Den of Geek

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...interview.html

Stargate Universe: David Blue Interview
        Carl England

You know him as Eli from Stargate Universe. And we've been talking to Mr David Blue about the show...
        Published on Nov 30, 2009

The breakout star of Stargate Universe, Mr David Blue, took some time out of his schedule just as the show went on its Christmas break. And here's what he had to day...

PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE SPOILERS HERE IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN EPISODE 10 YET!

I've read that you're a fan of Stargate before doing the show, correct?
        Yes, it is, I've seen it all. I always try to clarify that I have seen it all and that I've always been a fan of the show but I'm nowhere near as intense a fan as some of these people I've met at conventions, who are great. They can quote any episode title for you or any line and I'm not quite there yet, but I have watched all of SG-1 and Atlantis.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          How ever much I like him, he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. The British film industry is in a better position now than it has been for decades, last year it took a 15% share of the international market, and when you consider what it has to compete with (Hollywood) that's pretty massive. I suppose maybe he's talking about the smaller, independent films...
          And what sort of British films made money in that 15%? Where did their funding come from? Also, you're talking about the international market, not what he's talking about. And given he's been an actor in the British market for some time, and one who unlike most has been able to find consistent work, I'd say his observations are likely valid. Most of his recent work never got even indie cinema releases here in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            http://www.dose.ca/tv/Interview+Loui...560/story.html

Interview: Louis Ferreira of Stargate Universe

After a brief guest appearance on Star Trek Voyager in 1998, Louis Ferreira swore he would never do another science fiction series ever again. Two days of work playing a holographic tree was enough to convince the actor that sci-fi was not his genre.
            “It was pretty bizarre. I was completely latexed up, from body to branches and everything,” Ferreira remembers. “I can only tell you how much admiration I have for people who can sit in a chair for four hours to get ready and another two hours to undo it. I’m not that guy. And they didn’t give me any way to use the bathroom!”

REST AT LINK ABOVE

http://www.zimbio.com/Alaina+Huffman...n+Pics+and+Bio

Alaina Huffman Pics and Bio

Alaina Huffman is a featured babe on Maxim.com, and the Canadian beauty wants you to watch her on TV's Stargate Universe. She plays Lt. Tamara Johansen, who's also a medic in the Air Force, and she says her character is basically in charge of everyone on the Destiny. Yikes.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

David Blue interview – Den of Geek

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...interview.html

Stargate Universe: David Blue Interview
            Carl England

You know him as Eli from Stargate Universe. And we've been talking to Mr David Blue about the show...
            Published on Nov 30, 2009

The breakout star of Stargate Universe, Mr David Blue, took some time out of his schedule just as the show went on its Christmas break. And here's what he had to day...

PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE SPOILERS HERE IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN EPISODE 10 YET!

I've read that you're a fan of Stargate before doing the show, correct?
            Yes, it is, I've seen it all. I always try to clarify that I have seen it all and that I've always been a fan of the show but I'm nowhere near as intense a fan as some of these people I've met at conventions, who are great. They can quote any episode title for you or any line and I'm not quite there yet, but I have watched all of SG-1 and Atlantis.

REST AT LINK ABOVE
            Love the interview with Lou!!!
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
              And what sort of British films made money in that 15%? Where did their funding come from?
              http://www.icaew.com/index.cfm/route...sh_film_making

Slumdog Millionaire is the obvious one, though I'm not sure how their funding is an issue...

Also, you're talking about the international market, not what he's talking about.
              He was talking about his movies not seeing the light of day.

And given he's been an actor in the British market for some time, and one who unlike most has been able to find consistent work, I'd say his observations are likely valid. Most of his recent work never got even indie cinema releases here in Australia.
              Probably because they're very low budget independent films. As a Brit, I can't think of anything he's been in bar SGU since 28 Weeks Later.

Comment

http://www.dose.ca/Interview+David+B...116/story.html

INTERVIEW: DAVID BLUE

excerpt: David Blue gets a little flustered when he’s compared to his Stargate Universe character.

“Everyone keeps saying that!” he pretends to fume.

To be fair, Blue does have a lot in common with Eli Wallace. They’re both self-described pop culture nerds who can’t stop themselves from quoting from their favourite movies and TV shows, and Blue shares Eli’s palpable excitement about working on a space ship. But he’s not exactly like Eli, Blue insists.

“There are worse people to be compared to than an incredibly smart, funny man,” he admits. “But I am much better with women.”

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Probably because they're very low budget independent films. As a Brit, I can't think of anything he's been in bar SGU since 28 Weeks Later.
                  Apart from TV specials/telefilms (24: Redemption, Zig Zag Love, The Unloved, The Last Enemy, and Flood), there have been two films released - Summer and The Stone of Destiny - both had very limited cinematic release, and there was hardly any noise about the DVD releases. I think it's a sad indictment of the state of British film when excellent productions like those get passed over in favour of Michael Bay-type extravaganzas.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                    Apart from TV specials/telefilms (24: Redemption, Zig Zag Love, The Unloved, The Last Enemy, and Flood), there have been two films released - Summer and The Stone of Destiny - both had very limited cinematic release, and there was hardly any noise about the DVD releases. I think it's a sad indictment of the state of British film when excellent productions like those get passed over in favour of Michael Bay-type extravaganzas.
                    I've only just got Stone of Destiny so haven't watched it yet but Summer was an extraordinary performance. I don't think The Unloved is out on DVD yet (he just won a Scottish BAFTA for this one, I think) but will get it as soon as it's available. For sheer fun, I thoroughly recommend The Last Enemy. He was so funny in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      I can't think of any British Michael Bay-type extravaganzas, unless you're talking about what cinemas are screening, in which case the blame probably lies more with the audience than anyone else.

Comment

I can't think of any British Michael Bay-type extravaganzas, unless you're talking about what cinemas are screening, in which case the blame probably lies more with the audience than anyone else.
                        That was precisely my point But audiences watch what is most hyped, what's on in the multiplexes and what the latest pretties from Hollywood are starring in... they are victims of the big US studios too, IMO.
                        sigpic

Comment

This Week On Stargate Universe - see link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...erse-12-04-09/

Comment

http://www.hunkdujour.com/blog/archi...rgate_hero.asp

Brian J Smith. Hunk of the Day

Brian J. Smith is one of the dreamy stars of the latest in the Stargate franchise, Stargate Universe. Check out the Hulu video interview with him after the jump for some personal insight.

Brian has appeared on stage and screen before, including the 2005 film Hate Crime where he played a gay man brutally beaten while walking his and his partner's pug. He will also appear in the latest Agatha Christie television film series Poirot. Murder on the Orient Express will air sometime in 2010.

PHOTOS at link

Comment

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/stargat...iamond-phi.php

Lou Diamond Phillips, who plays Col. Telford on Stargate Universe, answers your questions, trashes Supernova and talks about his band the Pipefitters.

The Pipefitters?

Stargate Universe returns in January with all-new episodes

VIDEO at link above

Comment

http://www.leaderpost.com/entertainm...436/story.html

or http://bit.ly/Elyse

Finding her calling early, Regina's Elyse Levesque takes on the universe —
                                Stargate Universe

excerpt:

REGINA — Let's be honest. Most people are fortunate to find their calling, period. To find it at all is a wonderful thing. To find it before you are a teenager is a blessing. "And that's exactly how I feel," Elyse Levesque says with a magazine-cover smile. "I feel blessed."

The future cast member of the science-fiction television series Stargate
                                Universe found her calling when she was 11 years old, and while she probably
                                could not articulate it at the time, she understood, inherently, that her
                                destiny was to stand in front of the cameras, making truth out of lies, bringing incredible stories to life as an actress. "It was almost as though I had no choice," she says. "It was not a conscious decision. It happened because it was meant to happen. I really and truly believe that."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Working...
                                X