No announcement yet.

Most powerful ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda hope we don' see them again. Just because of what ye just said. First we need to get info on the Pegasgard

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

If you are talking about the most powerfull ship for purely destructive force then it is the Ancient ship (The name eludes me if it was named) that is seen in The Return part one where it is travelling at .99 the speed of light I think in the void between galexies.

Anything travelling that fast, especially a huge warship, would have enough kinettic energy on impact to ahnillalate anything that it hit so sent on a suicide run it would be unstoppable as no "convential" ship using hyperdrive could hit it and laying mines in wait would also be ineffective too.

It would only be effective against large targets such as planatary instelations or atlantis when landed but the devastation would be immense to say the least.

As for convential ships I think that Atlantis powered by three ZPM's would be a formidable force.

As for the Ori ships , yes they seemed to have powerfull sheilds but they are only realy effective in groups as their beam weapons have serious difficuilty targeting manuverable ships.

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
        I kinda hope we don' see them again. Just because of what ye just said. First we need to get info on the Pegasgard
        Yeah the writers will probably say that they are the failed attempt by the Wraith at creating there own version of the Replicators. Their ship looked pretty powerful, it took a couple of hits from the APBW and was still standing.

I want to learn more about them aswell. But hopefully the writers don't muddy the Asgard reputation in the same way they did with the Ancients.

I also want to learn more about the Ancients ship building. In two galaxies we've never seen/heard any mention of their shipyards. It's one of the most powerful ships in the SG universe and it's origins get overlooked.

Comment

that has got a reason, in a war, what is the first thing you blow to hell??

I would say anything the enemy has to produce war material, If I cannot capture the enemy's shipyards, I'd blow it to pieces, limiting the repair of ships and the building of them.

which is a great reason why it is no longer present in Pegasus, and if it had been in the Milkyway, it would be to easy for us.

Though there could still be shipyards, but those will then probably be hidden by sediment and all, and it'll be completely overgrown

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Comment

that has got a reason, in a war, what is the first thing you blow to hell??

I would say anything the enemy has to produce war material, If I cannot capture the enemy's shipyards, I'd blow it to pieces, limiting the repair of ships and the building of them.

which is a great reason why it is no longer present in Pegasus, and if it had been in the Milkyway, it would be to easy for us.

Though there could still be shipyards, but those will then probably be hidden by sediment and all, and it'll be completely overgrown
            Yeah I know the Wraith would have went all out to destroy them but I would still have liked to have heard them mentioned. Rodney talking about a planet and saying that it used to be home to a Lantean shipyard and then shows us a layout or diagram of how it would have looked.

The Ancients have kept a lot of things in the Milky Way hidden. But when they returned to our galaxy I doubt they had the man power to build, maintain and run a shipyard for anything larger than PuddleJumpers But here's hoping that there's one out there somewhere

Comment

There can still be a shipyard left from before they went to pegasus

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

There can still be a shipyard left from before they went to pegasus
                True. I wonder if it's for Aurora class or an older model. Perhaps Icarus base is an old Ancient shipyard where the Destiny left from?

Comment

that could be cool

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

i still laugh about the fact that wraith with 1 zpm can do more than ancients with three.

buba, is this your imagination of EATG?:
                    Ex-Earth Orbit
                    (the superhive faces the odyssey)

Int-Odyssey
                    (People are working on the bridge)
                    DAVIDSON:
                    Open fire with everything we've got

Ext-Battle
                    (the Odyssey fires several beams)

Int-Bridge
                    HELMSMAN
                    it has no effect sir!

DAVIDSON
                    switch to missiles!

EXT-Battle
                    (the odyssey fires missiles. they do no damage. the Superhive returns fire.)

Int-Odyssey
                    DAVIDSON:
                    Brace for impact!

EXT-Odyssey
                    (bolt after bolt hits the Odyssey. the shields fail and the ship is blown to pieces)

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                      I already said this in another thread but the Odyssey could just use the time dilation device in the Asgard core to speed up time and they would be able to easily beat any enemy.

They used the time dilation device to speed up time inside the Odyssey by a couple hundred folds in "Unending." All they have to do is extend the field around the entire ship then they could fire off a few thousand shots in a fraction of a second.
                      Actually the TDF would be completely useless in a fight for this reason, it replaces the shields. As soon as the TDF goes down whatever weapons were heading towards it when it was activate would hit bypassing the shields destroying the ship.

We don't know if the Asgard beams could even fire through a time dilation field, the Odyssesy would also have the activate the field while facing the enemy ship so it could aim.

We saw the Odyssesy was for some reason forced to stay still inside the field, it couldn't even more out of the way. Who's to say it could fire?

If we want to go down this road Atlantis has an Ascention device, grab a few volenteers ascend them then they can erase the Odyssesy.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      i still laugh about the fact that wraith with 1 zpm can do more than ancients with three.

buba, is this your imagination of EATG?:
                      Not quite, I'd expect some damage from the Odyssesy but not nearly enough to destroy the entire huge 11km ship.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

If we want to go down this road Atlantis has an Ascention device, grab a few volenteers ascend them then they can erase the Odyssesy.
                        yes, and it kills many people in the process. no wait, the Others do not allow intervention.

the TDF can tear the hive in half.

Not quite, I'd expect some damage from the Odyssesy but not nearly enough to destroy the entire huge 11km ship.
                        it does not seem to have trouble with normal 11km huge ships. besides, if APBW>Drone and seeing the ROF of the Oddy, it outputs more damage than atlantis in EATG

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          yes, and it kills many people in the process. no wait, the Others do not allow intervention.

the TDF can tear the hive in half.
                          Btw shields on the Odyssesy would be down so the explosions from the Superhive would vaporize it. The Odyssesy may get a draw if its lucky.

Well Atlantis has the volume of manhatten i'm sure there's enough people to take turns in the device, we've seen Ascended beings can intervene they just get stopped quickly. Chaya was able to destroy a Wraith fleet attacking her homeworld before the others caught her.

If they ascend and instantly attack then the Others can't do jack. TBH this whole time dilation ascending being talk is really pointless, the Odyssesy would get beaten by both Atlantis and the Superhive in a straight fight. End of.

it does not seem to have trouble with normal 11km huge ships. besides, if APBW>Drone and seeing the ROF of the Oddy, it outputs more damage than atlantis in EATG
                          [/QUOTE]

Yes but Atlantis didn't even come close to destroying it, the drones were causing explosions as big as the Deadalus' APBW hole anyway. The Odyssesy wouldn't last long enough, Atlantis shields are far superior to the Odyssesy's and the superhive took them down in minutes. The Odyssesy would be dead in a couple of salvo's (seeing as each salvo in the final battle was dozens of shots).
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

eemm. wrong wrong wrong. first, AOT showed that the oddy can take far more firepower than any basic 304.

second, why fight straight? if we fought straight, then we'd lost in s01e01.

now the firing while in a TDF thing wont work. but it does not have to. enveloping half the hive while it's moving will tear it to pieces. hell, if we amp up the dialation even when stationary the temporal movements will kill the hive.

then, though the shields are down when TDF is on, do it AFTER a salvo, you have long enough to envelop the hive. if you're smart, envelop the part that does not have the ZPM on it. power is disturbed, your half is powerless.

Atlantis got badly beaten cause it was 100m over the atmosphere on earth, its massive, and did not have the best operator. the odyssey has a good commander, proper power, is smaller, does not fly 100m over the atmosphere, and can move. now normally, hive do not miss. seeing the uberly slow bolts of the superhive, Oddy can evade. it has superior ROF with superior weapons. all you have to do is hit the IMPORTANT stuff and boom, superhive gone. seeing as an internal nuke can kill it, its not invincible. blow the dartbays to hell and actually get so close to the ship that you can fire inside and turn the thing inside out

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                              It must be old age

How do you rate the fire power of the DV ship? Do you think there's any chance we'll see them in the SGA movie? They looked kinda like Wraith that the borg have assimilated!
                              I would guess somewhere between uberbeams and superhive bolts. Atlantis was in a world of hurt before the surprise attack with the uberbeams disabled their ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                                Chaya was able to destroy a Wraith fleet attacking her homeworld before the others caught her.
                                To go totally offtopic here..
                                Why do you think the others inferfered when Chaya destroyed the wraithfleet?
                                Her punishment for interfering the first time was that she was exiled to protect that planet forever.
                                If she however went to another planet and starting killing wraith she would've been drawn away instantly, just look at how quickly Daniel is drawn away by the others when he tries to attack Anubis.
                                Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                                Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X