Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angry at Weakness of Replictor Ships and tech plot holes (Spoilers for BAMSR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
    Wehn Niam is explaining to Weir the history of the Asurans and how the Lantians chose to drestroy them, a bunch of Auroras is shown flying around the Asurans's city-ship and shooting it with drones. You can clearly see the drones going through the shields and the buildings inside exploding.
    I just watched it and there are no shileds up that I can see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wemYg...eature=related
    Watch from 6:21 to 6:56

So what? It takes only one drone to pierce through the shield and each Aurora carries hundreds. 2 drones can take out a Ha'tak if it hits critical system. If it's a one-on-one fight, then the Aurora can shoot all of it's drones. It is impossible to shoot down all of them, and you know that they will perfurate the shield, no matter how powerful it is. The Asgard beam can perfurate the shield of a regular Aurora, but we don't know if it can perfurate the shield of an Aurora powered with a ZPM, so I give it to the Aurora.
    Whats to stop the Asgard from beaming all of the drones into the sun? They have been shown to have beams as big as landing pads for ha'taks

Wrong. It can wipe out specific species with some adjustments. This is why Adria destroyed the Dakara weapon, to stop it from wiping out all priors.
    But humans got wiped out with the priors not just the priors by themselves. The dakara weapon killed, humans, jaffa, and priors so it has not been shown to take out a specific biological species

You know what's canon? That the Ancients are far more advanced than the Asgard. That's canon. It is you who is arguing with canon, not me. As for the Ancients not being that great, I disagree. They seeded Human lives on countless galaxies, created technology that awes other highly advanced species and then ultimately transcended our plain of existence altogether. I think they are pretty darn awesome.
    I just said the Asgard have better military tech not other science if look I give it to the ancinets other then military grade tech

And you think I would get upset over this? I have a brother with leukemia who looks like a Wraith just fed on him, and you think that this debate bothers me? You have to be really shallow to believe that I will get so upset over an internet discussion about who's better between two fictional races.
    I'm sorry to hear that and hope your brother gets better

You keep saying that I'm losing. I am losing just because you say so? Maybe you should get some of your board friends to post saying that I'm losing to you, because you have no credibility saying that I'm losing when you're the only one saying that.
    According to you, you are owning me so your point right back at you

And I'm losing what exactly? This is not mathematics where there is a clear cut solution for a problem and you can prove someone wrong without a shadow of a doubt. This is a subjective speculation based on what we believe would happen. The only absolutes we have are facts from canon, and that's it. One of the facts from canon is that the Asgard themselves regarded the Ancients as scientifically superior to themselves, and the Ancients are said in canon to be "the most advanced race that ever existed", so I guess that ends the discussion right there. As for who is militarilly stronger, there are no clear asnwer becasue there are way too many "ifs", "ands" and "buts". I believe that the Ancients are stronger because their most powerful shields and weapons are more powerful than the Asgard's, but the Asgard's most powerful ships apparently are more powerful than the most powerful Ancient ship we've seen so far, so neither me or you are right, as we're both speculating.

My exapmle of how the Asgard tech in terms of military tech is better is that the Deddy and the Apollo creamed the Replicators Auroras

That pretty much shows us that Asgard tech is more then enough to take those ships down. They even fought one on one and still beat them

From BAMSR

SHEPPARD: How's it going out there?

CALDWELL: Splitting us up was a good call. The Daedalus has downed another three ships.

SHEPPARD: Ellis got another two – that brings us to seven. That's not bad at all
    This shows that an ancinet tech vs asgard tech where the asgard tech wins
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Wots the point of having a zpm if u cant have shields for the replicator ships. ^^... This Episode messed up so badly. To defeat ancient ships ratio 3:1. wtf!
      they said the wraith won by numbers in the last war and this just sucked. Wot a screw up. They inbalanced the whole series with this mess up. Wtf man. Wot happened to Planetary defences?...THey are ancient techs lol wot a mess up. Im so pissed. Every damnd advanced race has planetary defences. Are they asking the janitor to handle the tech stuff or something.

OMG. LONG LIVE BABYLON 5. LONG LIVE THE VORLON EMPIRE
      Last edited by knighthusoe; 10 January 2008, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        The first Ori ship destroyed in 'Unending' was hit right in it's engines causing a massive explosion, that's why it only took three shots. The Aurora in BAMSR was basically shredded to bits before any secondary explosions could take place, I agree with JSPuddlejumper, two shots would've probably done the job.

I'm not so sure the ancients would've beaten the Asgard even if they weren't wiped out. Ancient technology took a hell of a long time to get to it's current stage, being stagnant for what looks like millions of years, I'm not so sure 10,000 years would make a difference when they progressed so slowly.
        Exactly, ancients had LOTS of time to get to their level. They had a few smart guys, like Jonas with the time machine and the guy that created the Ark and the stargate system, but as a whole I believe the asgard are MUCH smarter than most ancients.

Comment

I think you all missed something

alteran aura > asuran aura
          origonal> copy

look what happened when the travlers aura took on an asuran aura 1 to 1 it owned it easily also those ships where rushed how long did they spend on them it wasnt much as for surface fire the ninite blob destroyed the power grid

also travler ships are quite strong you see two of them take a sheilded repli aura

and the wraith have destroyed asuran ships before may also explain why they only had 38

and the alied fleet was attacking and had considerable speed built up that realy helps look at some real world battles and you will see how much tht help taranto, pearl harbour ect

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post

look what happened when the travlers aura took on an asuran aura 1 to 1 it owned it easily
            This why i think the asurans don't have all the tech/blue prints of the ancients.
            They saw the ancients using an aurora and they just copied its appearance and and made it as powerful as they thought is whas when they saw it.

This would also explain why an underpowered ancient aurora could hold on so long against the hives in season 3 opener and why earth ships where able to defeat the rep ships so easily.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
              We don't know if the drones only made the Ori Ship go away or if it actually destroyed it. Also you can't stop the beam of a Asgared Plasma Weapon but you can stop Drones by shooting them down so they do have a draw back as well they can run out of ammo so they're not that great at all IMO

Well I don't think you can use the Dakara weapon to kill a specfic Biological group. Now I think it can wipe out all life if it wanted to but that would kill humans off as well. But I agree that the writers had to make the Ancients look weak in one way

So lets just say the Ancients had a machine that could make ships, weapons,shields and ZPMs instantly and then decide not to make it because building the old fashion way is just as good? When in fact its not. Also why not build the machine as they are getting their asses handed to them by the wraith and instead of buidling a machine that would let them win they dont't? Jeez you are bringing the ancinets down now not me.

Now your metaphor is bad because both do the same and and at the same time while having a machine that pumps put war materail as opposed to building the old fashioned way is different

Now I know you must be angry because my logic works better then yours but as you name says you are a noob so no hard feelings
              what episode did we see frones being used against ori ships?
              sigpic
              Sig For Me!

Comment

I think the Ancient and Asuran Auroras are the same, just have different tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri
                  The drones are seen in " Progeny" piercing through the Asurans' city-ship shield and destroying the buildings inside.
                  um...no they're not

You can clearly see the drones going through the shields and the buildings inside exploding.
                  rofl

(PS. here we go again -)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                    um...no they're not

rofl

(PS. here we go again -)
                    I have to agree. "Progeny" showed a trio of ZPMs destroying RepliLantis, not drones.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

the most glaring part however was the asurans ships not firing drones
                      I can understand the city not firing them (perhaps they were about to when FRAN came along & messed things up), but the ships ?

sure if their ships used drones then at least the hives would've been blown to smithereens almost as soon as they exited hyperspace, but still...basically the auroras just stood there & fired a few energy-weapon shots once in a while...it's almost like they wanted to get owned lol

Comment

asurans were the biggest mistake, thankfully (hopefully) they're gone

if they really wanted to bring in the replicators they should've brought back the real ones - those who were nearly invincible (even without ancient tech & even before they assimilated the ARW) and couldn't be conveniently remote-reprogrammed (another inconsistency : Pegasus replicators can be reprogrammed but MW ones can't ? )

btw I doubt the allied fleet would've had an easy time if they went up against a bunch of replicator-block ships (like the one in s8 New order) or even regular replicator ships (like the one that defeated Apophis' mothership in s5)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                          it's almost like they wanted to get owned lol
                          That's because they knew the writers wanted them to get pwned, so had to hold back & let themselves get whacked!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy
                            That's because they knew the writers wanted them to get pwned, so had to hold back & let themselves get whacked!
                            of course it all makes sense now :

just like the cylons, the asurans worship their own god - the replicator god - the writers !

Comment

Yeah, they totally weakened the Asurans.

From the unkillable, universe conquering uber Satellite (?, that was a farce BTW), to hardly workable stationary Aurora's with weak shields and few drones.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                                Yeah, they totally weakened the Asurans.

From the unkillable, universe conquering uber Satellite (?, that was a farce BTW), to hardly workable stationary Aurora's with weak shields and few drones.
                                All they had to do really was put a single one of those gate satellite in orbit and dial in from one of their conquered worlds, then fire... I guarantee the allied fleet would have been wiped off the map.
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X