This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    I agree on the damage. It seems all weapons in Stargate do less damage in space then in atmosphere, though, which is probably why a hive hit doesn't completely vaporize a 304.

That, and look at how LITTLE damage those blasts do to the Orion! Its like there barely even touching it. But of course we wouldn't want to be confused with the facts. PEWPEWPEW ODYSSEY LAZARS
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinarmy View Post
      EDIT: Though radiation could be a problem <_<
      The radiation from the bolts would have been a problem also. The ancients problay would have some kind of sheilding in their hull for the radiation.
      The rest i agree with 100%.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
        The radiation from the bolts would have been a problem also. The ancients problay would have some kind of sheilding in their hull for the radiation.
        The rest i agree with 100%.
        It wouldn't suprise me, something with properties similiar to lead (in a sense anyway)

Comment

"Oh, and hive survived a Direct Nuclear attack. What can't an Aurora?"

I think I already spelled out the reasons, but once again:

1) Size, 11 km vs at best 1400 meters if that.

2) Regeneration vs non-regeneration.

3) Hives have no shields, so obviously their 'armor' and regeneration ability has to off the charts in order for them survive, and they did beat most advanced, the uber powerful, the unstoppable juggernaut/gods/super gods that were the Ancients. They trashed the Ancients like they stole their lunch.

4) How did Stargate Command plan to destroy Atlantis in case of foot hold situation: NUKE. Atlantis is ENORMOUS, TITANIC. But can be destroyed with a nuke.

CASE CLOSED.

Comment

Originally posted by Entreri View Post

3) Hives have no shields, so obviously their 'armor' and regeneration ability has to off the charts in order for them survive, and they did beat most advanced, the uber powerful, the unstoppable juggernaut/gods/super gods that were the Ancients. They trashed the Ancients like they stole their lunch.

4) How did Stargate Command plan to destroy Atlantis in case of foot hold situation: NUKE. Atlantis is ENORMOUS, TITANIC. But can be destroyed with a nuke.

CASE CLOSED.
            Atlantis is a CITY not a SHIP...you don't design cities to be able to withstand battle conditions.

Comment

CASE CLOSED.
              1. So what...?

2. They've already said in "Allies" that the ships regenerate EXTREMELY slowly. Hence the Keepers were required to rush the ship's repair of itself.

3. We don't know if they're off the charts. We know they have good armor and a CRAPLOAD of ships. That's it.

4. No, they said in "The Siege, Part 2" (Or 1?) that all a nuke would do is fracture the city into pieces, not destroy it.

CASE OPEN
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

CASE CLOSED.
                It wouldnt matter because the only way atlantis could be in space and have people alive is with sheilds. Plus it isnt a warship it doesnt have hull.
                sigpic

Comment

CASE CLOSED.
                  Nuke, IN AN ATMOSPHERE. Size is irrelevant. With the size of the nukes in Stargate 11KM might as well be 3 feet. And again, Nukes in space are MUCH less effective than nukes in an atmosphere. If you had any brain at all, you would have already cited First Strike as evidence, because we nuked 6 Aurora class ships in that episode and destroyed all of them. But again, that was IN AN ATMOSPHERE. Regeneration is irrelevant in the time span that it takes a nuclear warhead to fully detonate. And how exactly do you know that they "trashed" the Ancients, since everyone else has almost no detail about the war? Where you getting your information from?
                  www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Atlantis is a ship, most powerful the Ancients ever built as far as we know.

But it cannot survive a nuke.

Next somebody is going to say (like in a simple child like manner): WOW, I think the Orion can survive a SUPERNOVA. Prove otherwise.

It is ancient after all. It should be able to survive a supernova.

Hopefully none of you went to graduate school.

Comment

Next somebody is going to say (like in a simple child like manner): WOW, I think the Orion can survive a SUPERNOVA. Prove otherwise.

Its not a ship.
                      It has no hull, as mentioned above...its not a ship.
                      Its not the most powerful Lantean ship, because its not a ship...and we've only discovered Puddlejumpers and Aurora class ships anyway. Invalid comparison.

Comment

With sheilds yes but no body would survive without sheilds no.
                        sigpic

Comment

Did you not read my post? They stated in "The Siege" arc that all a nuke can do to Atlantis is fracture it into pieces that will then sink to the bottom. THAT'S their self-destruct plan. It doesn't vaporize the city, just breaks it apart. So it CAN survive a nuke.

And no one's said that...
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Actually I'm going to college starting this fall pursuing a career in theoretical astrophysics. Not that it's ANY of your business. Ancient is a CITY, it is NOT designed for Wartime, nor does it have ANY kind of protective hull. Of COURSE it can't survive a nuke. Even some of our bunkers on present Day Earth are designed to withstand Nuclear explosions, so it stands to reason that the race that built the stargates could build a hull capable of this as well.

Nobody said that the Orion could survive a supernova. Then again, Atlantis managed to protect AN ENTIRE PLANET from a coronal mass ejection. But to know that you'd have to actually watch the episodes, so I'll let it slide.
                            www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Depends on what SG1 wants to with the city.

Atlantis is still destroyed.

Their 200 mega tonne nuke would completely vaporize Atlantis easily.

"I'm going to college starting this fall pursuing a career in theoretical astrophysics. Not that it's ANY of your business"

Wow going to university. Well I already finished graduate school, not like it is any of your business either.

Comment

Depends on what SG1 wants to with the city.

Atlantis is still destroyed.

Their 200 mega tonne nuke would completely vaporize Atlantis easily.
                                Thats. Because. It. Has. No. Protective. Hull.

Do you even read when people shoot you down, or is your ego that big?

Comment

Working...
                                X