Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where exactly are the weapons located on the Odyssey?

I believe there is one one the top just in front of the missile bays, one each on the port and starboard sides. I think that they are mounted on ball turrets so they can fire at varies of angles and ranges.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
      Where exactly are the weapons located on the Odyssey?

I believe there is one one the top just in front of the missile bays, one each on the port and starboard sides. I think that they are mounted on ball turrets so they can fire at varies of angles and ranges.
      Easily the Odyssey is the best ship and most powerful.

Rail guns are useful for taking out the small fry.

The bigger ships = Asgard beam weapons will easily take them out.

Nukes for the rest, they can carry some of the new 200 MEGA TONNE nukes. Planet busters.

Comment

Originally posted by Entreri View Post
        Easily the Odyssey is the best ship and most powerful.

Rail guns are useful for taking out the small fry.

The bigger ships = Asgard beam weapons will easily take them out.

Nukes for the rest, they can carry some of the new 200 MEGA TONNE nukes. Planet busters.
        Another "odyssey haz lazzerz!" post by Entreiri...

Anyway, I think those weapons were specifically designed for combat vs. the Ori, personally. I mean, think about it. The Asgard have been upgrading their weapons FOREVER to fight the Replicators, right? And by the time "Camelot" came around, there latest weapons (on an O'Neill no less), did jack-squat. But suddenly, a year later, they have weapons that can rip ANYTHING to shreds?

Yeah, right.

I think the Asgard took what they'd learned from the Battle of (planet from "Camelot"'s name) and implemented it to create the perfect anti-Ori weapon. Also--reliable though it may not be--Wikipedia says:
        At least one Asgard vessel was present at the first battle between Ori ships and the forces of the Milky Way galaxy (Goa'uld ha'tak motherships of the Free Jaffa and two Daedalus-class ships of Earth, when the Supergate first opened.) Its weapons (the standard 'bolt' energy fire) appeared no more successful at damaging the Ori motherships than the Jaffa or Earth vessels' weapons. However, the new Asgard weapons installed on the Odyssey (directed energy beam weapons) punched through the shields of an Ori vessel and destroyed it with a few shots. Clearly, the Asgard have been designing upgraded weapons specifically to combat the Ori, and almost certainly began immediately after their first encounter made it clear that their present weapons were woefully inadequate.
        And come on, it sounds reasonable and acceptable to me.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          Another "odyssey haz lazzerz!" post by Entreiri...

Anyway, I think those weapons were specifically designed for combat vs. the Ori, personally. I mean, think about it. The Asgard have been upgrading their weapons FOREVER to fight the Replicators, right? And by the time "Camelot" came around, there latest weapons (on an O'Neill no less), did jack-squat. But suddenly, a year later, they have weapons that can rip ANYTHING to shreds?

Yeah, right.

I think the Asgard took what they'd learned from the Battle of (planet from "Camelot"'s name) and implemented it to create the perfect anti-Ori weapon. Also--reliable though it may not be--Wikipedia says:
          And come on, it sounds reasonable and acceptable to me.
          After the shields failed, Odyssey's laser cut through the Ori ship like hot knife through butter.

And in season 4, other Earth ships will get Asgard lasers and other upgrades, according to the producers. Now why bother if they are only good against the Ori? Do get serious.

Asgard lasers will cut through Hives, Ancient ships and whatever the Replicators have in store. Otherwise, HTF are the humans supposed to win against the Replicator ships? These ships are 'real' ships and it is highly unlikely those anti-replicators weapons will work on them.

Humans WITHOUT Asgard tech: Replicators will have much greater number of ships and their ships will be FAR SUPERIOR.

Humans with Asgard tech: Ships superior, weapons superior, but still far out numbered. Still the underdogs, just like the procedures always wanted.

Comment

After the shields failed, Odyssey's laser cut through the Ori ship like hot knife through butter.

And in season 4, other Earth ships will get Asgard lasers and other upgrades, according to the producers. Now why bother if they are only good against the Ori? Do get serious.

Asgard lasers will cut through Hives, Ancient ships and whatever the Replicators have in store. Otherwise, HTF are the humans supposed to win against the Replicator ships? These ships are 'real' ships and it is highly unlikely those anti-replicators weapons will work on them.

Humans WITHOUT Asgard tech: Replicators will have much greater number of ships and their ships will be FAR SUPERIOR.

Humans with Asgard tech: Ships superior, weapons superior, but still far out numbered. Still the underdogs, just like the procedures always wanted.
            Get a grip yourself. All TPTB said was that
            Samantha Carter is looking over some upgrades recently installed on the ships.
            Note: they do not say weapons AT ALL. You can't make that claim. My argument is valid.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Get a grip yourself. All TPTB said was thatNote: they do not say weapons AT ALL. You can't make that claim. My argument is valid.
              They will have the lasers. He implied that because of fan 'pressure'. But in actuality, the Earth ships will need it to survive any kind of confrontation with Replicator ships.

Can you imagine how COMPLETELY ineffective rail guns will be against Ancient shields? Human ships will be toast, DOA (dead on arrival).

Daedalus non-upgraded shields will last at the very most 1 minute against 1 Ancient ship. Plus it has no ZPM like the Odyssey.

Daedalus will do NO DAMAGE to a Aurora class vessel, 0% damage, unless by miracle a nuke makes it...Apollo? Same thing.

You need Asgard weapons to cut through Ancient shield tech. A few hits from the Odyssey=toasty Ancient ship.

Comment

They will have the lasers. He implied that because of fan 'pressure'. But in actuality, the Earth ships will need it to survive any kind of confrontation with Replicator ships.

Can you imagine how COMPLETELY ineffective rail guns will be against Ancient shields? Human ships will be toast, DOA (dead on arrival).

Daedalus non-upgraded shields will last at the very most 1 minute against 1 Ancient ship. Plus it has no ZPM like the Odyssey.

Daedalus will do NO DAMAGE to a Aurora class vessel, 0% damage, unless by miracle a nuke makes it...Apollo? Same thing.

You need Asgard weapons to cut through Ancient shield tech. A few hits from the Odyssey=toasty Ancient ship.
                Nice job leaving out the quote that proves it's not necessarily weapons.

He didn't imply that, he just implied "upgrades". That's it. No hints about weaponry WHATSOEVER, in ANY blog or interview.

And you don't know that about railguns. We saw them used against 3 ha'tak at once, so they must do something.

And the Asurans are out of ships for the time being anyway.

Comment

Has a rail gun EVER destroyed a Hat'ak? Not even close.

They appear to be ineffective against Hat'ak class ships.

Imagine how they will do against Ancient warships? Whose shields and weapons are FAR SUPERIOR. This is assuming that Replicators have not upgraded their shields since bygone days and do not have lasers...If they have both...IT IS ALL OVER.

They can fire until they run out of ammo: 0% damage to Ancient shields.

Like throwing small pebbles at a tank.

Only great race to help them were Asgard (conveniently the producers killed them off). Without who, Earth would be destroyed, either by the Ori (mostly likley), less likely the Replicators.

Ori ships were invincible before Asgard Odyssey.

Ori vs Replicators: Ori wins, better ships with Ascended help. Replicators of course will have #s on their side. Would be an interesting fight.

Comment

Has a rail gun EVER destroyed a Hat'ak? Not even close.

They appear to be ineffective against Hat'ak class ships.

Imagine how they will do against Ancient warships? Whose shields and weapons are FAR SUPERIOR. This is assuming that Replicators have not upgraded their shields since bygone days and do not have lasers...If they have both...IT IS ALL OVER.

They can fire until they run out of ammo: 0% damage to Ancient shields.

Like throwing small pebbles at a tank.

Only great race to help them were Asgard (conveniently the producers killed them off). Without who, Earth would be destroyed, either by the Ori (mostly likley), less likely the Replicators.

Ori ships were invincible before Asgard Odyssey.

Ori vs Replicators: Ori wins, better ships with Ascended help. Replicators of course will have #s on their side. Would be an interesting fight.
                    Sigh. Once again, Ascension does not make you all knowing. Funny how you've changed your tune so drastically. I thought the Aurora was a piece of crud, but now your praising it every chance you get.

Ori ships were NEVER invincible. The fleet that met them at the Supergate was vastly inferior by comparison, even if the O'neill was comparable to an Ori ship, it still was 4v1, because obviously the other ships present weren't even close.

And seriously, STOP SAYING LASERS. We haven't seen lasers in Stargate. Lasers are just beams of light, and thats hardly what the weapons in Stargate are.

Also, in Off the Grid, we fire short bursts of Railguns at two Goa'uld Ha'taks and read "minimal damage" to both of them. While that sounds wimpy, we only fire a little bit and caused damage to two Ha'tak class ships. Doesn't sound very crappy to me.
                    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Minimal damage=literally no damage whatsoever, and this is to Hat'ak ships, the weakest of mother ships.

Rail guns are very ineffective against Hive ships. Only reason the Daedaelus was able to cripple that Hive in No Mans Land was due to secondary explosions in the dart bay, i.e. due to darts exploding.

Excluding nukes. Don't try to imply that rail guns come remotely close to being as effective as ion cannons. Against shields:

Lasers > drones >= best of the ion cannons >> rail guns.

Isn't it obvious that Aurora's are far superior to earth ships without Asgard weapons? Because earth ships weapons suck. Even Ha'tak class ship weapons are superior.

How can you compare O'Neill class to Ori ships? O'Niell class does not come close to Ori ships in weapon fire. You may argue about shield strength.

But better shields or equivalent shields wont help when you need so many shots to take out an enemy, the enemy need only a few shots.

Ori ships > O'Niell class. Probably O'Neill class = mint condition, fully functional Aurora class.

You were under the wrong impression that I some how favor earth ships, or even the Asgard. I have no "favorites", I critically analyze any ships without been clouded (i.e. love of Ancients, thinking all their tech is superior to everything else, on the sole grounds of them being Ancients).
                      I don't play this silly fanboyism like most do in these boards, that is childish.

NOW IF (seem replicators are arrogant, may be they wont do it), they upgrade Ancient ships with more powerful shields, beam weapons, ZPMs, multiple ZPMs: Replicator Aurora >= Asgard Odyssey.
                      Last edited by Entreri; 12 July 2007, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Minimal damage=literally no damage whatsoever, and this is to Hat'ak ships, the weakest of mother ships.
                        Your brain clearly computes things differently than other human beings, doesn' it? Minimal damage does not equal literally no damage whatsoever, it equals MINIMAL DAMAGE. The fact that I actually have to type that out for you is so sad. And stop with the "weak" crap. The Goa'uld controlled the Galaxy for over 5000 years using Ha'tak class ships, and they somehow managed to hold off the Asgard with them as well. Thats hardly weak.

Rail guns are very ineffective against Hive ships. Only reason the Daedaelus was able to cripple that Hive in No Mans Land was due to secondary explosions in the dart bay, i.e. due to darts exploding.
                        Rail Guns have caused damage to Hive ships in the past, just because they've never blown one sky high doesn't mean they are ineffective. Rail guns aren't meant to cause that kind of damage, they aren't designed for it.

Excluding nukes. Don't try to imply that rail guns come remotely close to being as effective as ion cannons. Against shields:

Lasers > drones >= best of the ion cannons >> rail guns.
                        We've seen ONE ion cannon in the entire history of the show. And it worked against the unmodified Ha'tak shielding. The Second the shielding was upgraded using the limited knowledge that Anubis had gained, those cannons were ineffective. Not all ha'taks were upgraded of course, but this still points to the fact that they weren't as impressive as they were originally shown to be. Of course, this same type of Ha'tak also managed to take down a Beliskner class vessel, but some of that episode was sketchy as well.
                        There are NO LASERS IN STARGATE. And beyond that, you can't compare them to anything because WE HAVE NO BASIS FOR COMPARISON. Take a fricken 7th grade science class for petes sake, and they will teach you that you can't compare two things if you have no way of measuring either one. And since we've NEVER seen the Ori main cannon used against anything except 304's and Ha'taks, we have no basis to compare it to the Odyssey energy weapons, because THEY have only been used against Ori ships.

Isn't it obvious that Aurora's are far superior to earth ships without Asgard weapons? Because earth ships weapons suck. Even Ha'tak class ship weapons are superior.
                        Good deduction Sherlock.

How can you compare O'Neill class to Ori ships? O'Niell class does not come close to Ori ships in weapon fire. You may argue about shield strength.
                        Here you go again, asserting facts which have no evidence to back themselves up whatsoever. The O'Neill class ship is extremely advanced, and was one of the highest technological marvel of the Asgard in recent times. How can you say that it doesn't come close to Ori ships in weapon fire? We've never seen it engage anything but the replicator ship and a couple Ori ships, and that was only for a second or two. To me, it looks like it packs a good deal of firepower, and those cannons fire relatively fast. I'm guessing an O'Neill could hold its own one on one with an Ori ship, BUT THATS ONLY SPECULATION and I'm not going to insist that it's the truth. You should try being modest once in a while, it's fun!

But better shields or equivalent shields wont help when you need so many shots to take out an enemy, the enemy need only a few shots.
                        Same argument as previous, you have no idea but your saying it anyway.

Ori ships > O'Niell class. Probably O'Neill class = mint condition, fully functional Aurora class.
                        No evidence to support that argument either, gee, what a surprise. I doubt very much that an O'Neill class is the equivalent of the Aurora, but I don't know because we've never seen them compared in any way, shape, or form.

You were under the wrong impression that I some how favor earth ships, or even the Asgard. I have no "favorites", I critically analyze any ships without been clouded (i.e. love of Ancients, thinking all their tech is superior to everything else, on the sole grounds of them being Ancients).
                        I don't play this silly fanboyism like most do in these boards, that is childish.
                        There is no "love of the Ancients". The Ancients have been portrayed in Stargate as being the most advanced race to ever inhabit several different galaxies. Especially in the early seasons, they were portrayed as noble and wise beyond our understanding. That may have changed of late, but their technological marvels remain unparalleled.

And LOL at us being "childish" because we disagree with you. Seriously, how does your head even fit through the front door?

NOW IF (seem replicators are arrogant, may be they wont do it), they upgrade Ancient ships with more powerful shields, beam weapons, ZPMs, multiple ZPMs: Replicator Aurora >= Asgard Odyssey.
                        We've already seen evidence that would say that Ancient ships ALREADY have beam weapons, but I'm sure you would just dismiss it because you don't want them too. Ancient ships may not be designed with ZPM's built right in, but the Ancients had an abundance of them and apparently could manufacture as many as they wanted. So, it stands to reason that any Ancient ship could carry as many ZPM's as they saw fit. And the Aurora class shields are just about the strongest display of shields we've ever seen. The Ori certainly took a pounding in Camelot, but I don't think we've ever seen so much blow for blow damage hit a ships shields without them failing, and by show I mean they actually had us staring at the screen while the Aurora got pounded by Wraith Hives. It withstood a phenomenal amount of damage, and then when they finally dropped the shields to fire Drones the Hull withstood more damage than the Daedalus' shields typically manage to handle. Even severely damaged and severely underpowered it still performed better than our ships ever have.
                        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Jimbo, of course there are lasers in stargate, we've seen them all the time, on the barrels of the P-90's.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            Jimbo, of course there are lasers in stargate, we've seen them all the time, on the barrels of the P-90's.
                            finally, a voice of reason!
                            Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                            Check out my Flickr

Comment

If it wasnt for the lasers on the p90 we would never have found out about atlantis.
                              sigpic

Comment

"It withstood a phenomenal amount of damage, and then when they finally dropped the shields to fire Drones the Hull withstood more damage than the Daedalus' shields typically manage to handle."

To put it frankly, I have never met more delusional people.

You guys are laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X