This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Entreri View Post
    "It withstood a phenomenal amount of damage, and then when they finally dropped the shields to fire Drones the Hull withstood more damage than the Daedalus' shields typically manage to handle."

To put it frankly, I have never met more delusional people.

You guys are laughable.
    No insult intended:

YOU ARE BLIND. Watch "No Man's Land". In it, we see the Orion do several things:

1. Its shields take MORE blow-for-blow damage than the Daedalus does in the same episode. Yes, I counted the number of blasts that hit each. Let's also bear in mind that Lorne/Zelenka NEVER said the Orion's shields were going to fail, but the Daedalus's did.

2. Its hull takes MORE damage TOTAL than any Earth ship ever has without being destroyed or disabled. In the few seconds we see it taking direct damage, about 5 or 6 blasts slam into it. It survives another 10 TO 15 SECONDS of this kind of punishment before being taken out.

FAST FORWARD: The Daedalus's shields fail. It takes 3 TO 4 blasts before ebing completely disabled.

Now tell me, which ship survived more? Honestly, I swear you insult us without even reading our posts...
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Prior to this battle, last episode of season 2:

Daedalus comes out of hyperspace no shields: 2 Hives attacking, at least 8 shots fired at the Daedalus before it raises it shields.

Against 2 Hives firing simultaneously for well over 1 minute Daedalus shields do not fail, shields went down to 20% before the 2 Hives left for earth.

Now for No Mans Land: You know that scenes go back and forth, from inside the Hive to the battle outside. SO there is no way, you or anybody else could count exactly how many shots the Daeadlus shields were hit with! Example: Daedalus arrives, it launches nukes. Hives attack it. Nuke detonates...Scene goes to the inside of the Ship to Sephard and Michael, discussing how the Hive suffered serious damage...Obviously during this time the Wraith Hives are attacking the Daedalus.

At least over a MINUTE later, Orion arrives.

Now if the right SWEET spot is hit on any ship, the ship can be destroyed or crippled. This happens in the real world as well.

Conclusion: It is impossible for Daedalus shields to be weaker than Orion's hall plating.

Comment

Conclusion: It is impossible for Daedalus shields to be weaker than Orion's hall plating.
        How is it impossible. The Lanteans could of made their hull with very strong materials. If you look at the orion you can see that the hull is very thick like a hives.It may not be as thick as a hives but could be close.
        sigpic

Comment

It is a ridiculous assumption that Orion's minus shields is superior to Daedalus with shields in its ability to take damage. I already disproved this point. See above.

As for the Hives: They regenerate, they are 11 KM's long. No humanoid ships come remotely close. A hive took a DIRECT Nuke hit and was still able to function! All other ships would have been destroyed, including the giant Ori ships (with no shields on).

Comment

It is a ridiculous assumption that Orion's minus shields is superior to Daedalus with shields in its ability to take damage. I already disproved this point. See above.

As for the Hives: They regenerate, they are 11 KM's long. No humanoid ships come remotely close. A hive took a DIRECT Nuke hit and was still able to function! All other ships would have been destroyed, including the giant Ori ships (with no shields on).
            That still doesnt prove that the orions hull isnt close to the strength of a hive. We never seen an Aurora take a nuke without sheilds to the hull.
            sigpic

Comment

It's not impossible... you do know that when the scenes switch back and forth like that they are designed to be beginning from a set time, right? Seriously, go watch the episode again.

And on a more personal note, stop insulting us. Quite frankly it irks me that you have the audacity to insult me when you can't even string a sentence together. I guess it pains my ego to have someone smaller than me calling me laughable. Drop the "holier than thou" attitude. Stop being insulting, argue with FACTS, and you'll get along with people much better here.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

"We never seen an Aurora take a nuke without sheilds"

LOL. Complete and utter disintegration.

Comment

And you know this how? We've seen an Aurora take multiple hits from Hive ships without ANY visible damage to the hull. Again, go watch the episode. Those same shots put massive holes in the hull of the Daedalus, and they do the same to other Hives. In fact, the Aurora hull could be greater in strength than the Hive hull if the visuals in No Mans land are accurate.
                  www.theamericanright.com

Comment

And yet another statement from Entreri that is pure speculation.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                      And you know this how? We've seen an Aurora take multiple hits from Hive ships without ANY visible damage to the hull. Again, go watch the episode. Those same shots put massive holes in the hull of the Daedalus, and they do the same to other Hives. In fact, the Aurora hull could be greater in strength than the Hive hull if the visuals in No Mans land are accurate.

Thoses blasts take chunks out of other hives and cause explosions and what not >_>

Somethin' tells me they should do serious damage to an unshielded hull..yet no blast damage is visible...

Comment

Orion survives a few shots from a Hive before it is completely destroyed and now it can survive a direct nuclear attack?

Ok Einstein.

Ancient nut hugging reaching new levels

"Quite frankly it irks me that you have the audacity to insult me when you can't even string a sentence together."

This is a message board, I ain't writing a Master's or Phd thesis here. I can't be bothered with spelling, grammar and sentence structure and what not. It is not like your writing is great either.

Comment

Orion survives a few shots from a Hive before it is completely destroyed and now it can survive a direct nuclear attack?

Ok Einstein.

Ancient nut hugging reaching new levels.
                          Does it make you feel good to talk trash over the internet?

Watch the episode again. I'm not suggesting that, I'm saying WATCH THE EPISODE and then come back and talk to me.

Again, your not smart enough to be insulting my intelligence.

Oh, and hive survived a Direct Nuclear attack. What can't an Aurora?
                          www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Ok Einstein.

Ancient nut hugging reaching new levels

"Quite frankly it irks me that you have the audacity to insult me when you can't even string a sentence together."

This is a message board, I ain't writing a Master's or Phd thesis here. I can't be bothered with spelling, grammar and sentence structure and what not. It is not like your writing is great either.

The blasts from the wraith weapons have been theorised to be multimegaton blasts, i think someone even said gigaton. I don't see why a nuke would cause such a massive amount more damage really.

EDIT: Though radiation could be a problem <_<

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinarmy View Post
                              The blasts from the wraith weapons have been theorised to be multimegaton blasts, i think someone even said gigaton. I don't see why a nuke would cause such a massive amount more damage really.

EDIT: Though radiation could be a problem <_<
                              I agree on the damage. It seems all weapons in Stargate do less damage in space then in atmosphere, though, which is probably why a hive hit doesn't completely vaporize a 304.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                I agree on the damage. It seems all weapons in Stargate do less damage in space then in atmosphere, though, which is probably why a hive hit doesn't completely vaporize a 304.
                                I imagine its probobly something to do with it being in a vacuum, iunno..its fiction anyway <_<

Comment

Working...
                                X