This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
    Ehh.. you think the furlings are enemies?
    I don't know if anyone else mentioned this or not (haven't read the whole thread yet) but I think they are the ones who created the plauge. Unless the Ancients did it to themselves by accident...

Comment

It's possible that the Ancients traveled the stars for many years searching for an Earth like planet to settle down on after they left the Orii galaxy. This would indicate that they either did not have hyperdrive engines or they searched several galaxies before finding one that suited their needs. It's also possible that they seeded many lifeless galaxies that we don't know about. Perhaps the Asgard were one of their creations. How else would they have found the Replicators in their own galaxy. They were created by a robot that looked human. Unless they decided to transport humans from our galaxy to theirs. Which is unlikely since they do have the protective planet's treaty in the Milky Way.

The Ancients were mostly scientists, I don't think that they would have been very militaristic. Normally when you have an empire, that is based on conquest. I think that they were more of a coalition or a federation joined by an ancient common heritage. Each different group could have been named after their planet or city from which they came. Hence all the name changes. Alterrians were one group who settled on earth and called the planet Terra. Ancients are the common race after they have terriformed the galaxy and enable growth to take place. Though at the same time I'm guessing they were pretty cautious. Hence why they built the weapon in Antartica. Just in case the Orii ever showed up.

I personally think that Atlantis was going to be their flag ship. Or perhaps they were building it to explore another galaxy. That still remains to be seen. But according to that tablet they found, "the city of the lost" was the most advanced city that they built. As for the brain drain, there was only a small number of survivors after the plague. They may not have all been the best and the brightest that their civilization had to offer. Or perhaps they were from some back water planet on the edge of the dialing system, and were spared from the plague due to not having exposure to it.

Comment

very interesting amanda eros,.

my thoughts on atlantis is, they city chips were created to explore other galaxies or collonize a particular planet they liked.

Kinda like in the game series "age of empires", were you create a town center to expand. to another region.

they possibly created several citys and moved them from one galaxy to another. atlantis being the last known, (and fully working) city. it was considerd highly of on earth.

the other city we saw in "The Tower" was probally the ancients either creating another city to explore another galaxy. Or, a means to fool the wraith (a decoy, a city with a shild and droned, the wraith would see it taking off, launch all there hives towards it, the city launches all the drones untill the hive are close enough, and then...................SELF DESTRUCT WITH A FULL ZPM)
        Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
          It's possible that the Ancients traveled the stars for many years searching for an Earth like planet to settle down on after they left the Orii galaxy. This would indicate that they either did not have hyperdrive engines or they searched several galaxies before finding one that suited their needs. It's also possible that they seeded many lifeless galaxies that we don't know about. Perhaps the Asgard were one of their creations. How else would they have found the Replicators in their own galaxy. They were created by a robot that looked human. Unless they decided to transport humans from our galaxy to theirs. Which is unlikely since they do have the protective planet's treaty in the Milky Way.
          Actually, the Robot that looked like humans and created the replicators was on a planet in the MW. How else would SG-1 have dialed that planet for exploration?

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

True, true, ..

but from what we can tell. the replicators were actually ancient tech nology anyway...

heres my theory"

the ancients had the replicators, they used them to build there massive citys and ships" but there was one drawl back, the replicators were contolred by a centeral computer system...

they planet were sg1 found REece, i belive this is what happend...
            a scientist was trying to work on a way to improve the replicators perfomance, by creating an AI unit to actually walk with the replicators, instead of the replicators reporting to the central computer system. the ai unit will be able to work in the field with them and actually beable to improve system funtions.

but the scientist messed up, and the AI unit went crazy, .. and the rest we alredy know... reece destoryed her creators, and told all replicators what to do...
            (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
              Well the Ori galaxy has not been actually named...unless its called the Ori galaxy so could it be that they are from Andromeda? or somewhere else?
              Maybe, but If I can remember correctly they most likely are not from Andromeda because when Daniel was reading the ancient book in Avalon part 2 he explained how the Ancients came to this galaxy. He said something like this, The Alterans traveled space across the universe for thousands of years and found a great belt of stars. They named this new home Avalon and built many "Astra Porta". If I’m right about what he said then I would guess that the Ori galaxy is further away then Andromeda and Pegasus. Also didn't he tell General Landry before he used the ancient device that the galaxy (Ori galaxy) that he wanted to go to may require a tremendous amount of power. I think he said that the amount of power it would take to get to the ancient home world galaxy (Ori galaxy) would be greater than if they where to gate to Pegasus because Earth and Pegasus are relatively closer in intergalactic terms then Earth and the Ori galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
                True, true, ..

but from what we can tell. the replicators were actually ancient tech nology anyway...

heres my theory"

the ancients had the replicators, they used them to build there massive citys and ships" but there was one drawl back, the replicators were contolred by a centeral computer system...

they planet were sg1 found REece, i belive this is what happend...
                a scientist was trying to work on a way to improve the replicators perfomance, by creating an AI unit to actually walk with the replicators, instead of the replicators reporting to the central computer system. the ai unit will be able to work in the field with them and actually beable to improve system funtions.

but the scientist messed up, and the AI unit went crazy, .. and the rest we alredy know... reece destoryed her creators, and told all replicators what to do...
                Ehm... what? The Replicators were created by the Android Reese so she'd have toys to play with.

Comment

I dont get it i was reading Science and Tech magazine that was talking about real forms of space travel how it could be done and what not. It said that FTL traveling is impossible no ways around that... so i take it then warp speed is not possible since its going as fast as light and is traveling in normal space... they said one of the only real thing that can be done was bending light it showed a chart and had a thing on it that said "A --------------- B" and asked what the shortest distance between the 2 are and the answer was 0 bending light to travel through point A to B is that subspace? or hyper space? i dont think its hyper space because the article said that traveling this way would be instantanious hyper space isnt instant. if this kind of travel is possible we should figure out how to do it! we could travel to andromida instantly its like going through a stargate! o0o0o0

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

i can think of 2 ships that have croosed the galactic barrier the valiant and the enterprise but the barrier has some effect on people with high esp theyu get super powers and megolomania the shields of those ships couldntstop the effect but the enterprise had more protection than valiant

Comment

Originally posted by section31
                      I have a Star Trek question. Why do you suppose starfleet has never left the galaxy? After all Earth is located near the edge of the Milky way. I vaguely remember that there's a "mysterious energy field" preventing ships from traveling to the centre of the galaxy, but what about traveling out of the galaxy?

Is it because once you clear the Milky Way, there's nothing but open 2.5 million LY of open space until you hit Pegasus? Meaning no planets or meteors to mine dilithum from?
                      Because Warpdrives are slow as ****.
                      70 years to cross the galaxy, To andromeda thats 25 times as much....

Comment

what if we have it all wrong, s1 first esp. shows them leaving for peg. 10 million years ago, so i'm wonering,
                        it took 9 million yrs to fully populate pegasus then .9 million to be ran off by the wraith, doesn't seem right to me. when they left earth 10 million yrs ago they had to endup going somewhere else first.
                        btw, there's more than one alteran city. there could of been a 100 or so. only time will tell. doesn't seem right b/c the great 4 races. that database of knowledge was at least 20 million years old. the furlings were indicated as friends and the knox as well, it could be that when the great plague came, it also disrputed the commucation between the races. we know that the knox are as technical as the asgard. the furlings must of moved far far away from the center of power. the only reason that the asgard helped us is b/c when the ancients left or asscended, they left careful instructions to the asgard as to take over the property in the milky way. chances are that the anciets that left pegusas blended in with society of earth. or at least recreated the society that once lived there. we know that they played heavy roles in the development of earth within the past 8 yrs. but wait, is it possible that the ori sent out and expedition to the alterans homeworld. why would an ori long range commucator be doing on earth. why would aurther's and his knights use power the way they did.???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
                        Last edited by zpm!!; 23 February 2006, 06:44 AM.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                        pps = power per second
                        The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                        xfire = zpm
                        [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                        http://m2kclan.com
                        vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                        port: 3785
                        P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                        halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                        Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

I vaguely remember that there's a "mysterious energy field" preventing ships from traveling to the centre of the galaxy, but what about traveling out of the galaxy?
                          That energy field is caused by aliens who live there. They are explorers but instead of going out they send probes to bring races to them. There was an episode where the Enterprise finds a probe and it alters one of the crew member's brain and he became super smart. His brain became so powerful he needed to interface directly into the Enterprise's computer. He was then able to disrupt subspace or something and transport to the centre of the galaxy where these aliens studied humans. The aliens then sent the Enterprise back and they went on their merry way.
                          I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                            Ehm... what? The Replicators were created by the Android Reese so she'd have toys to play with.

yes, and Reese was created by the ancients, or a group of ancients.

i hypothisize this from "RECKONING, PART 2" because as Replicarter is getting the ancient knowlege from daniel's subconnciousness, daniel is slowly learning it himself, and then sudenly he can take control of the replicators, USING THE ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE.!!

Comment

The ancients have nothing to do with the replicators.
                              Reese was build by a adanved humans and not ancients.
                              If reese would have been build by the ancients, it would have been mentioned on the show. Which is has not been.

Comment

and ancients are nothing but advanced humans.... we never know.

it is possible that those advanced humans were a 'sect' of ancients, or decendents of the ancients we know off. but it is highly possible its based off the same technology.

Comment

Working...
                                X