This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
    Ehh.. you think the furlings are enemies?

yeah big whoop wanna fight about it?

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
      i agree the technolgy of the orii seems at least comparable to the ancients and asgard and replicators...they only reason to harness a black hole for dialing a gate is if its on the other side of the universe. any reletivly short distance like 2.5million LY would not require such massive amount of power.

the ori tech will be at alterran level or higher. newest alterran tech is 10000years old ori is much newer

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
        Wasn't there a tv show about that?
        Didn't it have Kevin Sorbo, Lisa Ryder, Steve Bacic, and Lexa Doig in it?
        What were Hercules, Camulus and Dr Lam doing there??
        Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

yes there was a show there that was crappier than farscape

Comment

I have a Star Trek question. Why do you suppose starfleet has never left the galaxy? After all Earth is located near the edge of the Milky way. I vaguely remember that there's a "mysterious energy field" preventing ships from traveling to the centre of the galaxy, but what about traveling out of the galaxy?

Is it because once you clear the Milky Way, there's nothing but open 2.5 million LY of open space until you hit Pegasus? Meaning no planets or meteors to mine dilithum from?
            ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

Wow, trasversing through millions of light years in a matter of seconds through a super gate, mind boggling.
              ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                yes there was a show there that was crappier than farscape
                *resists urge to kill

there are several, most of what mainstream channels put out on a daily basis
                Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Yeah its more or less that in Star Trek saying that an energy barrier surrounds the galaxy which destroys anything entering or leaving the galaxy. That and the fact that their FTL capabilities arnt very fast so it would take thousands of years possibly for them to reach another galaxy though they have had contact with one race from the Andromeda galaxy called the Kelvans. In trek though they say that radiation levels are rising in the Andromeda galaxy and will eventually make living impossible there.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

They would have to find stargates there or you're stuck. Maybe there are furlings there. They may have spread out, like the Ancients and Asgard. Which brings this to mind: why don't we just ask the asgard about the furlings? I mean, they were around at the same time.
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Star Trek always tried to stay in the realm of semi-reality.The truth is that the ability to travel between galaxies is on a whole different level than within a galaxy. Star Trek warp drives would take 15+ years at sustained maximum warp (not possible), and far longer at sustainable speeds just to cross the GALAXY. That's at thousands of times faster than the speed of light, simply mindboggling speeds, and just to cross the 100 or so thousand lightyears of this galaxy. The distance between the galaxies would mean the ship be in transit for a few hundred years, without any refueling, resupplying, not needing repairs, etc.

That's why a lot of shows use the 'hyperspace' idea. It's simply hard to fathom being able to travel at those kinds of speeds, while adhering to what we know of physics, and especially once you factor in relativety and such. Being able to travel in and out of some special space where the rules which limit us don't apply is almost a neccessity for a show to seem plausible.
                      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

re: the initial post

The Pegasus galaxy is about 3 million light years from the Milky Way, and is about 1.5 to 1.6 Mly from The Andromeda and Triangulum galaxies, respectively. (Those are the two other big galaxies in the Local Group).

Why they don't explore them? Well, they'd need a compelling reason to go, and enough resources to comit to being there. They've got issues in two galaxies already, there's no need to go looking for trouble in a third.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by section31
                          I have a Star Trek question. Why do you suppose starfleet has never left the galaxy? After all Earth is located near the edge of the Milky way. I vaguely remember that there's a "mysterious energy field" preventing ships from traveling to the centre of the galaxy, but what about traveling out of the galaxy?

Is it because once you clear the Milky Way, there's nothing but open 2.5 million LY of open space until you hit Pegasus? Meaning no planets or meteors to mine dilithum from?
                          Because Starfleet ships at their maximum speeds would take hundreds of years to reach the nearest galaxy. They haven't done it, because they can't do it.
                          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                            The Pegasus galaxy is about 3 million light years from the Milky Way, and is about 1.5 to 1.6 Mly from The Andromeda and Triangulum galaxies, respectively. (Those are the two other big galaxies in the Local Group).
                            Andromeda is about 2.2 million LY's away from the Milky Way. Wikipedia says that Pegasus is between 3.2 and 3.5 million LY's away from the Milky Way.
                            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

What about the galaxy SG1 and Jacob went to in the episode "enemies" 05x01 - Apophis' ship destroyed some weird looking ship with weapons that reminded me of "Phasers" from star trek.

That galaxy was unknown I belive, probably close to the Ida galaxy. Because the replicators had at least one ship there, but I don't think they were in the asgard galaxy.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
                                What about the galaxy SG1 and Jacob went to in the episode "enemies" 05x01 - Apophis' ship destroyed some weird looking ship with weapons that reminded me of "Phasers" from star trek.

That galaxy was unknown I belive, probably close to the Ida galaxy. Because the replicators had at least one ship there, but I don't think they were in the asgard galaxy.
                                Wasnt that the Asgard galaxy of Ida? I just always thought that Apophis and SG-1 accidently entered the Ida galaxy without knowing it.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X