This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daredevil-k View Post
    They said that because of the event horizon (sort of a one way thing) matter can't travel both ways but radio waves are a sort of energy so they can because they just go through the wormhole and don't hit the event horizon just straight through.
    if energy can go through wormholes both ways then shouldn't we be able to beam things through. That turns into energy (asgard beams) so we should be able to beam things from the sgc to atlantis with only a zpm on atlantis.

Comment

Yes you can. It's been proven, Merlin did it with the Obliesks but I think you need something on both ends.
      Originally posted by Craig Charles
      "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Awesome Black minds think alike (And by black i mean the skull thing)
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
        god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

if all the stargates were laid flat then i could jump in and be thrown up and out of the other gate and then fall back in again and continue down and up n up n down for as long as the worm hole stays open,.[what a great idea for a STARGATE theme park ride,].assuming that the iris wasent suddenly closed while im in the wormhole,..im enjoying the discussion,..

Comment

Originally posted by tedpon View Post
            if all the stargates were laid flat then i could jump in and be thrown up and out of the other gate and then fall back in again and continue down and up n up n down for as long as the worm hole stays open,.[what a great idea for a STARGATE theme park ride,].assuming that the iris wasent suddenly closed while im in the wormhole,..im enjoying the discussion,..
            And assuming that:
            1. You had unlimited power.
            2. There were such things as 2-way wormholes.

But, all in all, it would be funny to watch you try to do it.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by tedpon View Post

sort of like Portal except you'd be disintegrated when you went back through the event horizon.
              supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Ok this is my first Thread so bare with me . firstly if this question has been asked before i had no luck finding it . so somebody link me to a sticky thread if it has . if not .....well good for me

ok so lets say you've dialed the gate the oh so fascinating swoosh effect has occured and you step around to the side of the gate that did not swoosh . what would happen if you stepped through on this side and has it ever happened before in the show ?

Comment

1. You walk right thru unharmed
                  2. You are disentigrated

flip a coin

Comment

Did you ever see Death Becomes Her? Remember the part where Glenn Close is walking around with her head on backwards and is stumbling about? That's what happens.

Comment

You become an apple pie.

-- you'll probably notice, by the tone of the replies, that this question has been asked like a billion times now --
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I have no idea, but it's something I've been wondering about for a long time. Also, I've been wondering why the unstable vortex comes "whooshing" out of only one side, and never the rear side. Maybe they'll answer at least the first question in SGU? Or maybe they'll avoid it .
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

you're transported to the magical land of oz

Comment

really tho either way you're screwed, if you disintegrate than you die, if you don't the minute part of you moves even at all backwards (which you will inevitably do) that part will get sent to wherever the gates dialed to and the half of you that made it through will be separated from the half that didn't and you'll die

Comment

And you would only go through two stargates (kinda boring)
                              Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
                              god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Originally posted by adam4evelyn View Post
                                Ok this is my first Thread so bare with me . firstly if this question has been asked before i had no luck finding it . so somebody link me to a sticky thread if it has . if not .....well good for me

ok so lets say you've dialed the gate the oh so fascinating swoosh effect has occured and you step around to the side of the gate that did not swoosh . what would happen if you stepped through on this side and has it ever happened before in the show ?
                                Actually this has been answered indirectly in the "Shroud". When Daniel as a prior asked them to destroy the gate in the Pegasus galaxy in order to shut down the supergate, he tells them and Carter later confirms that a gatebuster placed BEHIND the stargate would keep the wormhole from absorbing the blast and would allow the explosion to destroy the gate.

Which means you don't get sent through, you don't get vaporized, you just bounce off like a force field. This is the only way that the backside of the event horizon would keep the gatebuster's explosive force intact.

So...answer solved, albeit rather cryptically.
                                Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X