Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The anwser to that is another question, how wide is the stargate, 2 feet. Which means the stargete bit is somewhere between 0.5 feet and 0.1 feet my guess is about 0.2 feet. Which meens the event horizon is about 1.7 or 1.8, I think it's 1.8 feet.
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
    god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Originally posted by daredevil-k View Post
      The anwser to that is another question, how wide is the stargate, 2 feet. Which means the stargete bit is somewhere between 0.5 feet and 0.1 feet my guess is about 0.2 feet. Which meens the event horizon is about 1.7 or 1.8, I think it's 1.8 feet.
      Wait what?
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Right, so you have something about 30cm across according to your calculations. Two feet is, roughly enough, two feet. As in one foot then another.
        Originally posted by Craig Charles
        "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

The stargate show said that, wait no Jack o'neil said that in the episode touchstone. Now i could be wrong but they said it.
          Spoiler:
          god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

He said two-story, big difference.
            Originally posted by Craig Charles
            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Here's a question that I don't think has been asked before (please correct me if I'm wrong).
              What would happen if you attempt to beam an active Stargate with Asgard transporters?
              We've seen it taken in mid-dial, but never while active. Which is most likely to happen?
              a) Transport fails due to interference with the beam caused by the active wormhole
              b) Transport succeeds but the wormhole automatically shuts down
              c) Transport of the Stargate succeeds, but the wormhole is left untethered and causes a massive energy release or rips in the fabric of space or other such Bad Things
              d) Transport succeeds and the wormhole moves with the Stargate to the new location
              e) Any other suggestions?
              I think a) is likely, b) is possible, d) is too implausible, and c) would be most fun to watch
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

C would be not fun to be near.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

d) for me. The gate have never shutdown while on movement. (Like the Achen harverster, it was online when it got fliped did it?) So if it is not taken to far from orbit it will keep engaged.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

D for me to.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

In the series 8 ep where Baal makes all the gates in the galaxy open simultaneously in order to get the anti-replicator wave generated from the weapon at Dakara.... What would happen if someone passed through the outgoing gate at Dakara?

Would they -

a) Make a copy of themselves that came through every gate in the galaxy
                      b) Not get through and be disintergrated
                      c) Only get through to one of the gates they connect to.

Also - What about replicators in deep space and/or worlds without stargates. They would have survived the wave.

Comment

Like the original wave, they'd be split up in different pieces. It's just that the wave even when split up was still able to expand and be effective.

At least I believe so.

sigpic

Comment

I agree with SaberBlade and I think there is another thread that discusses this very topic. Happens all the time though so don't feel bad.

Dr. Daedalus
                          God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                          Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

The matter is separated.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I loved that scene seeing all the gates open up was cool.

Comment

I guess the wave was spread between all the gates and the areas in between b/c it is assumed the ones in space were killed too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X