Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rail-Guns shoot an extremly small calibur round (~1-2cm) at extremly high velocities, Seige Pt III says Mach 8 at 250 miles, but I've heard estimates much higher. The whole point of a Rail-Gun is to fire a round with little or no sound at extreme velocities, via electromagnetics, sending them completly through 5m+ of solid cement without losing velocity, in able to destroy/decomission your target. The blue streaks that were fired out of the Rail-Guns in Seige Pt III were intended to be tracer fire. The F-302 does not, repeat not carry a Rail-Gun. They do, however, carry a modified Vulcan Cannon. Hopefully, they will be upgraded to energy based weapons, but until then, they are still competent fighters.
    -Kralizec

"The only truth is that the knowledge of the universe is infinite."

Comment

Cool now we have got that sorted, can someone else post a stargate spaceship question please.

What eva happened to the asgard ship the 'Daniel Jackson'?

Proud Supporter of:
      - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
      - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

its still in use, its thors ship...........
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Oh okay cool, i like Thor he is very cool. I heard rumours that it got destoryed when the Replicators attacked our Galaxy, thats the only reason i asked.

Do you think that the SGC and Area 51 should build a 'spaceport' so that their ships can dock there and recive supplies, refit and repairs without happing to land at area 51 and maybe gatting seen by the general public?

Proud Supporter of:

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
          - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            its still in use, its thors ship...........
            No, the original Daniel Jackson was destroyed by the replicators. Thor got off alright and took another Daniel Jackson class vessel and renamed it the Daniel Jackson.
            -Kralizec

Comment

Originally posted by Futura
              Oh okay cool, i like Thor he is very cool. I heard rumours that it got destoryed when the Replicators attacked our Galaxy, thats the only reason i asked.

Do you think that the SGC and Area 51 should build a 'spaceport' so that their ships can dock there and recive supplies, refit and repairs without happing to land at area 51 and maybe gatting seen by the general public?
              Having a spaceport at the SGC would be easier for the public to see rather than at Groom Lake (Area 51). But they should definitly build one at the Alpha Site, awa at all other Off-World bases.
              -Kralizec

Comment

What i meant about a 'spaceport' was one that was in orbit around the Earth or somewhere else, like the moon, or mars so it cant be easliy seen by telescopes here on Earth.

Proud Supporter of:

- Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Groom Lake is still in the middle of the desert, and the SGC is near Colorado Springs, so that's still a better alternative as far as less public. But having one on the far side of the moon would be kinda cool, too.
                  -Kralizec

Comment

About the ship in "Grace." I assumed it was either the Achen or another race. But I am adament in the idea that it wasn't the Foothold Aliens. When Carter was spying on them she overheard them say, "The large one contains the larval form of the what appears to be dominant species in this galaxy. And the one called Carter was once a host. They appear to be resistent to our technology." Why in Thor's name would someone from our galaxy use that context? It is obvious they were from another galaxy. They were obviously advanced, perhaps at a level rivaling the goa'uld, which means that they would probably have atleast heard of them. I know what your going to say, "But the Aschen have never heard of them and they were even more advanced!" Well, they were an exception. Nearly every advanced/semi-advanced race has heard of, or fought the goa'uld. Look at the Tolan, and Marvin's (the guy who "wrote" Wormhole X-treme) people. What i'm saying is, that the Foothold Aliens didn't even know the name "Goa'uld", and at their advanced level its unlikely that they "just didn't ever meet them".

Comment

If Stargate did have a 'spaceport' on the other side of the moon, man kind will need to build a few smaller space crafts to carry supplies and personel to the 'spaceport'. The small craft could land at Area 51 to pick up the supplies using a Puddle Jumper cloak to hide it from the general publics veiw. The bigger ships would then use the 'spaceport' to dock and get refitted with upgrades, to be repaired or even to be resupplied. I think that to build big space craft like the Deadulas Class battleships, we should use the alpha site to construct them there, Use Earth companies to build certain parts but the main hull should be built offworld.

Proud Supporter of:

- Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Originally posted by Futura
                        If Stargate did have a 'spaceport' on the other side of the moon, man kind will need to build a few smaller space crafts to carry supplies and personel to the 'spaceport'. The small craft could land at Area 51 to pick up the supplies using a Puddle Jumper cloak to hide it from the general publics veiw. The bigger ships would then use the 'spaceport' to dock and get refitted with upgrades, to be repaired or even to be resupplied. I think that to build big space craft like the Deadulas Class battleships, we should use the alpha site to construct them there, Use Earth companies to build certain parts but the main hull should be built offworld.
                        They could also use Tel'tacks to ferry supplies. If they are assembled the ships and their hulls in space or on the moon, they could utilize the the low gravity for their advantage, making the ships more massive w/o having to worry about the extra weight. They could fill them up to the gills w/ ammo, supplies, and F-302s.
                        -Kralizec

Comment

why have teltaks for short range movement of supplys, do the beam thing!
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          11000! green me

Comment

Very true, they could make them as big as they wanted or needed without th epublic seeing the massive ship and trying to get it off the ground and through Earths atmosphere.

If they buid one on Earth and one at the Alpha Site it would double there speed of creating Daedulas class battleships. Earth would have a fllet in no time ( )

The 'spaceport' could also be used as a defensive or offensive position. It is located on the other side of the moon, i could have weapons to be used to fire upon emeny ships as they head for orbit around Earth.

Proud Supporter of:

- Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

see the earth ships: past, present and future thread, i got some sweet ideas on it bout this kinda stuff. so have loadsa others
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Oh okay cool,

back on to topic then. Stargate Spaceship Questions.
                                Anybody have any post them here.

How Asgard are there aboard an Asgard ship?

Proud Supporter of:

- Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Working...
                                X