This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zekk
    Thats what I said A regular railgun that shoots regular bullets not the perdy blue balls that the ones in seige shot

NOW ANSER MY QUISTION

Note my Quistion is (Again) What are the exact tech speks of the deddie.
    Please and thank you
    What would be the benefit in using a railgun to launch regular bullets? Requires alot more energy to use a railgun to launch the bullets instead of using a regular vulcan-cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      What would be the benefit in using a railgun to launch regular bullets? Requires alot more energy to use a railgun to launch the bullets instead of using a regular vulcan-cannon.
      Whats a vulcan-cannon
      Anyway I dont know Why they put A normal gun on the F-302 But they did!
      I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
      so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
      But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
      Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
      GW My home away from home....
      My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

Whats a vulcan-cannon
        the put a normal gun on the f302 for dogfighting u can't always shoot missles since they can only hold 4. and remember they were designed to go up against the deathglides so guns are effective. now i think it would be nice if they upgraded to what the deathgliders have instead of the guns but that will come in time.

Comment

Whats a vulcan-cannon
          A railgun isn't a normal gun. That was the whole point of my previous post.

Comment

Whats a vulcan-cannon
            go to this website if u wanna find out more
            http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/m61.htm

in short the vulcan is a durable machine gun that the airforce has been using since the 1950's and now has been upgraded to a M61A2 which is what the f302 is assumed to use. it is a six barrel roratory action air cooled, with a variable rate of fire also it is hydraulically driven

Comment

Thats what I said A regular railgun that shoots regular bullets not the perdy blue balls that the ones in seige shot
              Railguns shoot bullets (I'd admit they'd have to be modified, but they are bullets)..

The difference between a railgun and a normal gun is the method of propelling the bullet. A normal gun (NOT a railgun) uses an explosive charge fueled by gunpowder, a system that has existed for hundreds of years.

Railguns, a fairly new concept, use controlled magnetic fields to propel the bullet. In essence, they are magnetically repelling the bullet from the gun (so far as I understand. Middle school science, anyone). This results in much higher vleocities than a conventional gun, though I think currently (in real life) they are still working on the technology to make it practical. The blue streak effect was something that made the shot look cool, as well as possibly an attempt to show the high friction that would occur at the speed a railgun bullet travels. If they got their science right (which would amaze me with a visual effect like this), the F-302 gun could possibly be a railgun, the blue streak not occuring because there is very little matter around to create any friction (being that it was fired in space).

....but it was probably just a regular gun.

Comment

Hey ^ Thats what < Said *Growls and walks away*
                I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
                so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
                But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
                Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
                GW My home away from home....
                My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

To summerise this, F-302s may or may not use rail guns for dogfights.

Who do u think will win a dogfight out of a Death Glider or a F-302, one -on-one?

Proud Supporter of:
                  - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                  - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Originally posted by Futura
                    To summerise this, F-302s may or may not use rail guns for dogfights.

Who do u think will win a dogfight out of a Death Glider or a F-302, one -on-one?
                    i think the f-302 would most likely win a dog figt against 3 to 4 death gliders more than that is pushing it and one on one it is no contest. i think this since jaffa are not as highly trained at flying as our pilots are also we have missles which i think are more accucate compared to thier energy weapons.

Comment

Their energy weapons are ponit and shoot, where as missiles can be, heat seeking, laser guided and others ect.
                      The F-302 is the most advanced space fighter that the SGC own and buid, is there upgrades avalable for the F-302?
                      Is there another type of fighter in the future of SG-1, maybe a F-304??

Proud Supporter of:

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                      - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Originally posted by Futura
                        Their energy weapons are ponit and shoot, where as missiles can be, heat seeking, laser guided and others ect.
                        The F-302 is the most advanced space fighter that the SGC own and buid, is there upgrades avalable for the F-302?
                        Is there another type of fighter in the future of SG-1, maybe a F-304??
                        possible but i think they are more focused on building BC303's and F302's right now then developing the next fighter. i think they also are looking in to energy weapons whichi would assume once we get those that they would be put on to the F302's.

Comment

and possability on the Prometheus and the Deedly.
                          Anybody have questions about Spaceships in the Stargate Universe?
                          What eva happen to the asgard ship 'Daniel Jackson'?
                          Last edited by Futura; 03 October 2005, 09:20 AM.

Proud Supporter of:

- Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
                            yes they were but they sent them to atlantis to help defend it. i don't think that the f302s have rail guns cause we just got them for the promeutheus and the daedulus and they don't seem to have been scaled down yet for an f302 but i could be wrong.
                            well, yeah you are. I could make a railgun about the size of my forearm. Sure it wouldn't be very strong, but very re-usable and it runs off a 9V battery. Think im lying, well im not. railgun in 10minutes

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                              well, yeah you are. I could make a railgun about the size of my forearm. Sure it wouldn't be very strong, but very re-usable and it runs off a 9V battery. Think im lying, well im not. railgun in 10minutes
                              so they can probably make one small enough to fit on the fighter but we haven't been told that they have or that it would even be powerful enough to destroy another fighter so until we have some sort of signal from the series i don't think that they have them right now.

Comment

So the guns on the F-302's could be a rail gun or a normal fighter plane weapon.
                                What eva happened to the Asgard ship the 'Daniel Jackson'?

Proud Supporter of:

- Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Working...
                                X