Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be a little bit bigger than an Alkesh but with asgard weapons and hyperdrives and I would put in a couple of couches and a kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by caskin
      Yup, 'tis only a sketch really, I might refine it with a better outline later and throw in some color as well. But yeah, I'm currently drawing another fighter design, should be up in a couple of days.
      all praise the fighter..........best desgin ive seen cant wait to see the next one

Comment

Originally posted by caskin
        (the Cevvian’s are known for their hyper-drive technology, it’s rough, but dang is it fast)
        Reminds me of the Ovra. (Traveling between the Milky Way and Pegasus with an Ovra hyperdrive is more like a hyperjump than anything else.)

Also, like the sketch and the idea!
        This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments guys! Here's the next fighter.

DET-92
          After the sucess of the first DET fighter, they got the idea to switch the design around. The name was easy enough to think up... oO.....

The DET-92 is a small one man fighter. Bulit for speed and tight maneuvers, it's in the top of it's class when it comes to light space craft.

Engines: The DET-92's engines are similar to the 29's, however the 92's are of a much smaller and more delicate build. You can seriously stall this thing if you aren't paying attention. The only difference is that the 92 has no hyper-drive, and is only meant for close range flying and movement in and out of atmospheres where it can go into tight places where other fighters can't.
          The prototype's of this fighter made a low droning sound with their engines in an atmosphere, which was very annoying. The pilots who flew these came to call them Squid's and later Squidge's for the sound they made. This was later fixed and now they are silent, however the name Squidge stuck.

Weapons: 92's have two frontal heat-guns on the very tips of the wings and that's it.

Operating system: Similar to the DET-29. A Sharp system with about 43 stibs of operating space.

And that's about all I can think of right now, I'll have to get back to this one when there isn't pressure from siblings, lack of sleep, and when I've had more time to think it over.

Comment

sweet !!!!!!!

Comment

So, are the mods going to move this to the FanFic section too?
              This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                why would they???

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                  I dearly hope not.

Comment

ok a f302 with suped up engenns(not the spelling i no) and asgard weapons and anceints sheilds

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
                      why would they???
                      Because it is fan fiction and has nothing to do with Stargate science and technology.
                      Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
                        Because it is fan fiction and has nothing to do with Stargate science and technology.
                        ok make a space fighter has to do with tech and if the mods felt like they neede to move this thread they would have done it by now!

Comment

No it doesn't. You are fabricating nonsense craft with little or no regard for engineering or social limitations and since you're making stuff up it has to with Stargate in name only. The most haven't moved it yet because most wouldn't dare venture into this forum, preferring the off-topic chatter area, unless somoene says something contentious like "you haven't got any PhDs, you're a liar."

Comment

So some people just wanna have fun, doesn't matter if the things as small as a pea with nukes and asgard beaming technology, it's impossible, we know it, and as long as they know it, we'll just grin and have fun along with them.

So maybe there's this untameable, unstoppable drive to create for some of us, doesn't matter what it is, doesn't matter what it does, just as long as it's new and interesting. For forms sake, I draw things, then work out the anatomical, technical, physcial correctness of it all later.
                            I guess the creativeness of people has spilled over here, yes, there needs to be a few checks done, the occasional gentle poke that "remember, we're talking tech here!" But most of the time (I don't know if it's like this for anyone else) things just pop into my head and I can't help but want to desperately tell people about it... no matter what............ which is what often gets me in trouble.

I don't know about anyone else but, I just want to make things, ten times over I have new ideas bubbling to surface, they leak out every so often in places they shouldn't, doesn't mean they should be shot out of the sky for doing so.

But other than that, I love the idea of this thread! Gives us a chance to see what other people think about engines, structure, materials, and how their fighter would work, I know I've learned alot and can't wait to ask questions. It's space fighter Tech, if it's in the Fandom section it's just making a space fighter for the sake of making a space fighter... I see this as a place to make a space fighter to see how the darn thing works. Start going into tech in the fandom section and people will say "just what the heck are you talking about?"

It should stay here, I don't think having a forum where every little word is in the right place, every little topic neatly sectioned off from the rest, where the focus is on appearance, igorning the fact that 'a forum is for talking', is going to work very well. Just let people loose... who knows what they'll come up with.

Here endeth the rant..... so shoot for me saying all that, I needed to speak my mind on the whole fandom vs. tech matter. Now, who wants to talk about space fighter engines?

Comment

This thread is not about stargate. If you don't talk about stargate then your thread doesn't get to be here. Talk about space fighter engines elsewhere, if it has to do with stargate then make a new thread else take it to off-topic.
                              Last edited by Lord §okar; 25 October 2005, 11:40 PM.

Comment

In all seriousness I have no idea where your coming from. This particular thread only doesn't have to do with Stargate? Why don't we just ditch the whole forum then, only about four or five topics will remain, same goes for everywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X