This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Three PhDs
    I never liked these kinds of threads since what a ship can do and what it looks like are limited by practical matters such as take off weight and hull stress as well as aerodynamic factors, fuel considerations etc.
    mine is not far from what we have now, and my modifications are reasonable, so i cant see why my ship wont become feasable in the near future..... the asgard and jaffa or tokra should be able to improve a hyperdrive and crappy shield in return for no naquadria quite easily IMO
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
      Dam your a fine ship designer immhotep, you should take up a professional career with the USAF, NASA something along those lines....
      Haha... man, I'm a pilot in training and I don't know enough to design aircraft.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
        Haha... man, I'm a pilot in training and I don't know enough to design aircraft.
        sweet what u gonna fly or what do u wanna fly

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
          sweet what u gonna fly or what do u wanna fly
          At the mo I fly Diamond Katanas and Cessna 172s.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

kool i wanna be a fighter pilot and fly a raptor but im already in studying to be a chemical engineer i get to blow stuff up tho i get my phd in two months
            Last edited by captain keys; 19 September 2005, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
              kool i wanna be a fighter pilot and fly a raptor but im already in studying to be a chemical engineer i get to blow stuff up tho i get my phd in two years
              You get your PhD at the age of 17?

Comment

ive been taking collage classes from 10 am to midnight since i was a fresman
                technicaly i go to school in canada but i live ohio and trust me ive had my fare share of head achs so yeah i get it when im 17 but i have to waite till im 18 to practice in the usa but if i get done when im supposed to ill only have to waite about a month

ps good luck with the pilot stuff three phds

Comment

Cool, a phd when you are seventeen...

Owen Macri

Comment

I will get back to you on this after I see the Aurora...
                    Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                    Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                    Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                    O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                    We are the Ancients

Comment

arura is a battleship but ok

Comment

i will be the only person in my family to get there phd except for my dad

Comment

the aurora is a transport ship, not a battleship or fighter.....
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          11000! green me

Comment

realy??

Comment

My fighter plane is called the F-302B – “Bird of Prey”. This spacecraft is an upgrade of the standard F-302. This project codenamed Project Rainmaker is made possible through the collaboration of a dozen different countries including Canada, Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Russia, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, the Czech Republic, Australia and the United States.

Primary contractors included in this project are mostly American based but English, French, and Canadian aerospace companies were involved in as well. Project Rainmaker was formed in the summer of 2005 and the first working prototype will be ready by late 2010, the purpose of this project is to address original F-302’s weakness – it carriers a limited number of weapons. The F-302B counters this problem with the installment of an internal bomb bay and the Striker particle cannon.

Designation: F-302B – “Bird of Prey”

Role: Multi-role Fighter

Design: 1.5 times the size of an F-302.

Hull:
                              Carbon Ceramic 17 – an alloy consisting of carbon, carbide, trinium and
                              Naquadah. Hard points on the airframe is made of slid trinium to sustain hypersonic flight.

Sensors:
                              -Active Radar
                              -LIDAR
                              -FILR

Propulsion:
                              Ramjet Air Breathing Engines: This engine is a cousin of Scramjet Engine used by the Aurora Hypersonic Bomber, it has a maximum speed of Mach 15 (17 874 km/h).

Scramjet AeroSpike Engines: Fueled by super refined mix of hydrogen
                              and methane, the Scramjet AeroSpike engines sustain a maximum speed of Mach 25 (29 790 km/h)

Generation 2 Hyperdrive: This Hyperdrive engine is almost identical to the one on the F-302, except this B variant allows the spacecraft to be 24% faster and stay in hyperspace 65% longer before shutting down to recharge.

Power Source:
                              The F-302B is powered by a Mark 2 Naquadah Generator

Armaments:

Most F302B are armed with the following for multi-mission roles:
                              1 30mm Rail gun, 400 rounds

2 Striker Particle Cannon, located on the tips of the craft. Shortly after the fall of the Gou’old, the SGC obtained 4 Death Gliders and 1 Al’kesh with the support of the Free Jaffa. Scientists estimate that they will be able to reverse engineer their own version of the Death Glider’s disruptor cannons by 2008.

4 Foe Hammer Air to Air missiles, Two of these missiles are located under the both Aerospike engines. It has the firepower to destroy a F302B and inflict moderate damage to an Al’Kesh.

The Following are installed inside the Bomb bay :

4 Foe Hammer Air to Air Missiles

2 Foe Smasher HE Missiles, this missile contains a high explosive warhead that is designed to destroy a single Al’Kesh

1 Ground Hog Penetrator Missile, As the name suggests, this hydrogen propelled bomb is used to destroy bunkers, a single Ground Hog released from 100 000ft can sustain enough velocity to punch through Cheyenne Mountain, into level 25. Also this weapon can be inflict moderate damage to a Gou’old mother ship if its shields are disabled.

Electronics: -20 Terabit Processor
                              -Electronic Counter Measures
                              -Electronic Counter Counter Measures
                              -Digital Interface
                              -Secure Encryption link

Other Features:

Inertia Dampeners: This new and improved inertia dampeners can
                              compensate for 98.7% of the G force sustained when in hypersonic flights. The Inertia Dampeners will compensate for all maneuvers executed during a dogfight, however the pilot will feel the G forces if the pilot makes any extreme turns once the throttle is pushed past 98%

Adaptive Camouflage: Though this craft cannot cloak, it can be made to fool the human eye. Lightweight optoelectronic systems built around advanced image sensors and display panels render the fighter craft transparent and thus effectively invisible. This would give Bird of Prey pilots a distinctive advantage against enemy pilots, especially in a dogfight. Unfortunately the 302B can still be tracked by conventional radar, and since Adaptive Camouflage takes up a majority of the computer’s processing power, it can only be sustained for 20 minutes and requires a 5 minute cool down time.

I also would like to be a pilot and fly a JSF….when the first ones roll into Canada by 2025…but unfortunately I wear glasses and the Canadian government doesn’t like laser eye surgery so yeah….*mutters*
                              ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

wow im impressed, u nailed it IMO, that is the next craft, my one wud come after it and i think that will do for a while. well done, green to you
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X