This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
    it would be intimidating. Imagine being in space and seeing this massive human whizzing past...
    Did you even Click on the link.....IT IS A GUNDAM
    I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
    so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
    But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
    Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
    GW My home away from home....
    My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

Originally posted by Zekk
      Did you even Click on the link.....IT IS A GUNDAM
      i was reffering to the humanoid shape.

Comment

But Its still a 58' Robot
        so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*

Comment

Look, take the image. make it completely black, and what does it look like? A guy with armor on. A big human, OK? End of discussion.

Can we please get back to what this thread's about?

please forgive me for being so curt, I've had a bad night.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Ok Dannys twin ur right

Comment

Goodness! You people's designs are way better than anything I could think up as far as the tiny details go. I've never been much of one for figher pilots anyways, I can draw them, but engineering them to make them work? nope...

Give me big ships!!! yus... big ships. We need a thread for big ships.

Comment

There is a thread for big ships!!!
                *EDIT* Here it is http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18023
                Last edited by Zekk; 11 October 2005, 07:36 PM.

Comment

hey i got linked yay, isnt time somebody has linked my thread and it wasnt me....have some green.
                  Last edited by immhotep; 12 October 2005, 01:48 PM.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Allrighty, they're not earth style, these are Cevvian fighters... but at least they're fighters. I'll give you the one now, show the other later.

Here we have the DET-29, a quick and nimble fighter. Nice ol' sketchy drawing here, I didn't feel like struggling with a clean outline on the comp.

The DET-29 is a Cevvian fighter ship finally perfected after many different models. It is sleek in design, and sharp in function, not a very verastile fighter, but very good for what it's built for, which is close range high-speed combat. It can seat two pilots but only needs one for full function.

Design: the look of the DET-29 is smooth and sleek, similar to the shape of an arrow-head, it has two "wings", which flows backwards smoothly, having an elegant arch to them. The dorsal fin on the top arches as well. The cabin is small, but fits like a glove, with controls in easy reach of the pilot, making trouble-shooting a breeze should a problem ever come up. Floro-trackers on the wing tips and dorsal fin help pilots identify another fighter as their own, since the windshield have the same filtering technology as the Floro-seeker binoculars.

Engines: the DET-29 has one multipurpose engine which is one part refined-fusion combustion engine, one part Cevvian hyper-drive (the Cevvian’s are known for their hyper-drive technology, it’s rough, but dang is it fast). The fusion engines are very powerful and can power the DET-29 to fly in and out of atmospheres without a sweat. However when it comes to activating the hyper-drive you better have had your coffee this morning or it can jolt you like nothing you've ever felt before. The initial force of entering hyperspace is quite the jolt, since moving something so small is alot quicker with more room for movement than entering a battle-ship or public cruiser. Sometimes after leaving hyper-space your fighter could be heading sideways at an incredible speed for no reason. It takes sharp reflexes to keep a DET in a straight line after breaking hyper-speed.

Power: A naquahdiah enhanced power-cell with two flow control that produces a highly refined source of engery.

Weapons: The DET-29 has two frontal heat-guns (kind of like a rail gun but better). These powerful weapons are simple and somewhat dangerous if used poorly (the prototypes had this bad tendency to explode without warning), but only take a few seconds to power up where before they would take nearly 15 minutes to come online. One unique feature about the DET-29 is the fact that this is the only ship with fully functional Disk-jacks and can even fire them while on the run. (the Disk-jack is a weapon with a similar function to that of a homing missile. Instead, a disk-shaped projectile with an explosive core spins at high speeds via gyro-engineered engines that rotate smoothly, enabling the projectile to stop dead even in a high pressure environment and turn in a completely different direction.) However it's the heat-guns which are used most often since the DET-29 comes with only a limited supply of Disk-jacks.

Hull: A carbon trinium and titanium alloy is very light as well as very strong. The paint upon the hull is heat resistant to the point of insanity and comes in only two colors, black, and blacker.

Operating system: Sharp 2.5 fighter system with aproximately 40 stibs of operating space. (the earth equivelant of 5 terrabytes, the Cevvians computer technology isn’t that great)

Other features: Cevvian cloaking technology can render the DET practically invisible, however these can only be maintained for a limited time. Radar scramblers can hide it’s location to a degree, but one can still find it if you know what to look for. Interial dampeners are very helpful, but not great when it comes to a smooth ride in and out of hyper-space (The Cevvians are rough as far as technology goes in this area as well.)

Comment

did u draw that yourself?

Comment

thats seriosuly amazing, best design ive seen for ages green all around, nice one.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

thats a cool drawing

if i could make a space fighter, it would be an F302 with hover capabilities
                          ive noticed they dont have it, so i thougt it would be cool to see an f302 with harrier style hover

Comment

Amazing Indeed!!^^

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                              did u draw that yourself?
                              Yup, 'tis only a sketch really, I might refine it with a better outline later and throw in some color as well. But yeah, I'm currently drawing another fighter design, should be up in a couple of days.

Comment

Indeed!!! I will atemt to design a ship this way (I am after all training in game design)

Comment

Working...
                                X