Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Anubis's host possesses the gene... At least, that's the theory I'm working on in a fic of mine...

Comment

Or Anubis could have gone back to some world where he knew an advanced human was..
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I'd always figured that he'd just start having people stick their heads in there.

Sam obviously thought that you could download the info from the device onto a computer or something, because they wanted to take it with them and do something with it at the SGC. They dug the one from the wall from the Fifth Race and had been tinkering around with it.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

They speculated that Teal'c couldn't use the device because he was Jaffa... they never knew this for certain.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought Anubis would want people randomly sticking their heads in that thing, just in case any of them got the download and then turned on him. Of course, it might be that he was going to get someone to download the knowledge, then dredge it out of their cranium with the brain spike.

I suppose if his host was Ancient-geney, he might have downloaded one of them before. That knowledge might have been what enabled him to Ascend, but his Goa'uldiness could have interfered and his genetic memory and the Ancient memories got all tangled and mangled, especially when he gets shoved back down to mortal coildom, hence he doesn't know everything and wants to take a refresher course from another device.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Maybe Anubis's host possesses the gene... At least, that's the theory I'm working on in a fic of mine...
              .... you saw Full Circle right?

And while I'm posting, Dr. Beckett isn't a "field medic" he's a xenobiologist!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                .... you saw Full Circle right?
                Yes, but I din't recall anyone saying, "Anubis's host must possess that special gene that we won't learn about until next season!"

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                  And while I'm posting, Dr. Beckett isn't a "field medic" he's a xenobiologist!
                  Whether you are being sci-fi humorous or not, I just thought I'd point this out from GW.net

Originally Posted by GW.net
                  DR. CARSON BECKETT
                  PLAYED BY - Paul McGillion
                  The team's medical doctor, Beckett is a Scottish man with a witty sense of humor. Beckett must become an expert in xenobiology when he joins the expedition to the Pegasus galaxy, and he learns early on that he possesses the rare gene that allows him to use the Ancients' technology.
                  Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I have an idea why some humans processes the gene and some don't. When the Ancients went to the higher plain, or moved from Earth, some of them were stranded here and intermarried with the locals.

Comment

Possibly, or the ones that died passed on their gene as an ancient to oneof their choice
                      __

__

Comment

Well Becketts Scottish actually, and although I agree it's right not to put one nation as better than the others, putting the Scots as better is just plain silly.

Comment

True, but glad to see that the show will feature those with the gene and also show the reaction to those without it
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                            Well Becketts Scottish actually, and although I agree it's right not to put one nation as better than the others, putting the Scots as better is just plain silly.
                            At least the Scots can lose with grace

Comment

I was looking for anything about the Ancients and numbers (related to my newbie post), and this thread came up. So, outta the blue, I'm posting to an older thread (though not related to my search)!

If the gene is confirmed in Dr. Carson Beckett and John Sheppard, wouldn't it be a good idea to test their siblings or parents and/or trace back their genealogy to find other possibly likely ATA-gene carrying folks? Should there be an increased probability that the ATA gene is found in relatives of Sheppard and Beckett?

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Actually, I'd find that even worse than just a general coincidence of people just happening to have the gene and working at Stargate Command. Coincidences I can learn to live with, but implied arrogance at that level... the sheer audacity of suggesting that Americans are somehow once again slightly "better" than everyone else... no thanks. Now, if there were a concentration of gene-bearers in some random little third world-type country, that might be kinda funny, but I think America is pompous enough without crediting them with a prevalence of Ancient genes.

No offense intended. I'm American, myself. I just hate to see the US being promoted above all other countries (and planets, for that matter). We aren't better or worse than anyone else. But that stuff is probably best left to a political thread.

I'll stick happily with the generic coincidence of gene-bearers in Stargate Command.
                                I'll give you my theory, which is discussed at greater length here, that the ancients came back through the gate shortly before the Egyptian rebellion against Ra and burial of Earth's only functioning Stargate. They then preceded to settle in the mediterranean region: Northern Africa, the Iberian Peninsula, Gaul, Italy, Greecy, Turkey, etc, and especially likely, given its remoteness, the British Isles and Ireland. Therefore, people likely to have ATA would be from those areas. This could help explain the prevalence of the gene in people with names like O'Neill, Sheppard, and Beckett. We all need to remember what the hologram lady said in Rising about how they hoped that one day their kind would return to Atlantis and defeat the Wraith. This is why I think that they intermingled with the humans on Earth, after the Goa'uld were expelled, so that their genes would live on and allow future generations of Earth's humans to access and utilize the technology and knowledge they left behind. But, that's just a theory. If I had to go out on a limb, I'd say that Sheppard is more Ancient than most people with ATA, which could help explain his proficiency with Ancient tech (especially if we include latent genetic memory as a characteristic of the ancients). Check out the link above for a more detailed look at my broader theory about the Ancients Timeline.

Comment

Working...
                                X