Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but all we have to do is take it apart and examine it, Area 51 would LOVE that job!

Owen Macri

Comment

But it could be like the ion cannon. It cant be reverse enginered.
      Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
      Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
      - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
      - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

No, with enough understanding of the technology I am sure anything can be reverse engineered, and a Zat is not to complicated, relativley speaking.

Owen Macri

Comment

yes - (for the most part) all things can be reversed engineered. obviously it becomes more tricky with more advanced tech, and tech based on foreign principles, ie, the tollan tech is based on their understanding of the universe which is far superior to ours.

However, if you really must reverse engineer a particular item, all you really need to do is replicate every componant and built another. That method takes much more time cos you have to analyze and replicate, whereas if you understand the tech it's easier. Another thing I should point out thou is that the production order is probably important. For example we know that coka-cola coke has a special secret ingredient. however, even if you knew it, it doesn't mean you could make coke like the original. The way it's made is very important too.

Also, like Owen said, relativly speaking and compared to other tech we've sussed out, the zat is very basic.

Originally posted by nimitz
          cozzerob you seem to be correct about the p90.The small zats may not be able to send a large enough supply of energy for a 1 shot kill ,so a bigger one might be more effective.
          True, one shot might not be enough but that's part of the plan, a non-lethal solution, which can be used with killing force if needed. I'd be more worried about the whole molecular disintergration idea. If one shot,s not even enough to stop the heart (and even the smallest levels of electricity can stop the heart when applied directly, ie, by a zat blast penetrating the whole body), then how the hell is two more going to disintergrate. kill I can deal with cos they alter you bio-electric field, but 3 to disintergrate - not gonna happen. That's probably why we havent seen any disintergration for ages.

Oh - +don't worry about it, guns are an interest <cough - obsession> of mine. But i'm not a violent person... really i'm not

Originally posted by Loaf
          i think a Zat rifles a great idea
          I agree too - they would be excellent. And I like the idea of making it look like a P90, kind of like the intars (now those are cool!). I would love an p90 intar...
          "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
            No, with enough understanding of the technology I am sure anything can be reverse engineered, and a Zat is not to complicated, relativley speaking.

Owen Macri
            Maybe it isnt very complicated ,maybe it is.And i am sure area 51 would like to study anti-capital cannons more.Though they may not for all i know.
            Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.

Comment

Originally posted by cozzerob
              True, one shot might not be enough but that's part of the plan, a non-lethal solution, which can be used with killing force if needed.
              I meant with the zat rifle because people can still fight after a zat shot and could have a different mode for stunning.I think this would be far superior to current zats.

Comment

I am sure Area 51 would like to study a lot of stuff!

Owen Macri

Comment

lol yeah like ancient drones and alot of other ancient stuff from atliantis. I think at the mo this would take priorty, also i think Zats beams r quite slow so easly doggable at range so would it make an effective rifle? But its a cool idea espcially if u made it like a P-90 with power setings kill a wraith in a single shot would would be usfull

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                  O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Technically speaking, zat beams are rather crap. Goa'uld's with hand devices don't even need the shield to deflect them, they can just do the whole blast effect (like in 'Double Jeopardy') to dissapate the energy. so even if the goa'uld doesn't have the shield generator device on the hand device, you r still screwed if you attack them with a zat.

that said the occasional ineffectivness if ofset by the overwhelming coolness of the zat.
                    "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

I would have to agree that a Zat against a hand device is not a fair match up. However, a really freaking cool P90 is deffinetly something that I would want!

Owen Macri

Comment

Owen, from what I read in the gun thread, anything gun with the label p90 would get excited to have.
                        I too would like to see a zat-p90. And it would work like they did in Lost City II.
                        This is my sugnature!
                        Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Lol, I want a P90 with every possible weapon integrated into it, it is the COOLEST gun!

Owen Macri

Comment

Donesnt the p90 have the ability to add an intar to it.That would get rid of any need for a zat.You could zat'em after to make sure after using the intar.

Comment

Good thinking, the only thing is I would want it to be smaller, and have a switch to change modes!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
                                Donesnt the p90 have the ability to add an intar to it.That would get rid of any need for a zat.You could zat'em after to make sure after using the intar.
                                yes. the p-90 proboably has a limit. adding a zat or any other part could disable it or make it unstable
                                your new guide to stargate news.
                                www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
                                www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

Working...
                                X