Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to get some more templates up for the UK and Aus viewers today but some friends came over and have taken up the whole day. I'm going out to dinner with them in a few mins but I hops to transfer my longhand to the computer tonight or tomorrow. Sorry it's taken me so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
      I wanted to get some more templates up for the UK and Aus viewers today but some friends came over and have taken up the whole day. I'm going out to dinner with them in a few mins but I hops to transfer my longhand to the computer tonight or tomorrow. Sorry it's taken me so long.
      Cool cheers Captain Davis, much appreciated... What can we brits do about the tissue box messages?

Comment

Originally posted by jclark19
        Cool cheers Captain Davis, much appreciated... What can we brits do about the tissue box messages?
        All the info I know about is http://laundr.us/

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
          All the info I know about is http://laundr.us/
          Right ok, cheers mate

Comment

If I might make another recommendation. It would also help if everyone who goes to a place or work or school with stargate fans tries to raise some awareness of what's going on. Think of it this way each letter is more publicity. I would also recommend wrting letters to your nearest major newspaper and trying to raise awareness with their TV critics or editors. Try some TV trade magazines and websites as well. If anyone running the campaigns is looking for ideas you may want to take a leaf from the Save Daniel Jackson campaign and look at taking out ads in papers and magazines. Don't ever be discouraged. People always have more power than they think. They just need to find resolve.

Comment

WOW the tone of this thread has really changed with the past 20 pages, a lot of people seem OK with SG1 ending as long as DJ goes to SGA.

MS claimed he only signed on for season 10 so he could work with CB, and on top of that he wanted 4 episodes off. This is the person that jumped ship when Showtime canceled the show because he thought it would fail on the SciFi channel. When it did not fail but rather took off he talked RDA into getting him back on the show all while screwing CN out of a job in the process. He is not dedicated to Stargate just dedicated to MS

Stargate Jumped the Shark when they let him back on the show and it is just now recovering

How much would production costs be cut if MS was let go, then you only have 2 long term characters to pay for. Better balance with at 4 person team anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mindwarped
                WOW the tone of this thread has really changed with the past 20 pages, a lot of people seem OK with SG1 ending as long as DJ goes to SGA.

MS claimed he only signed on for season 10 so he could work with CB, and on top of that he wanted 4 episodes off. This is the person that jumped ship when Showtime canceled the show because he thought it would fail on the SciFi channel. When it did not fail but rather took off he talked RDA into getting him back on the show all while screwing CN out of a job in the process. He is not dedicated to Stargate just dedicated to MS

Stargate Jumped the Shark when they let him back on the show and it is just now recovering

How much would production costs be cut if MS was let go, then you only have 2 long term characters to pay for. Better balance with at 4 person team anyway.
                I admit that having a 5man team is a little strange but since RDA left I find Daniel being the centre piece of the show now seeing how the threat of the Ori is on an ascended level and I thought MS wanted tiome out to do theatre work, attend conventions and help raise money for his charity?

Comment

Originally posted by little_ryoko
                  If I might make another recommendation. It would also help if everyone who goes to a place or work or school with stargate fans tries to raise some awareness of what's going on. Think of it this way each letter is more publicity. I would also recommend wrting letters to your nearest major newspaper and trying to raise awareness with their TV critics or editors. Try some TV trade magazines and websites as well. If anyone running the campaigns is looking for ideas you may want to take a leaf from the Save Daniel Jackson campaign and look at taking out ads in papers and magazines. Don't ever be discouraged. People always have more power than they think. They just need to find resolve.
                  I've emailed the corporations e.g: scifi mgm and even told the bbc about it... I'm emailing everyone I know thats a fan when I get up tommorow morning... I'm making this as widespread as I can... I'm lokoing into a widespread tissue box sending with some friends....

Comment

Oh, my goodness! I just read the news....what is going on?!! I left my computer for a lousy few hours and the whole TV world turns upside-down! The Sci-fi channel...is dropping SG1? How are we going to see the end of the Ori? They've gotta give us a few epsiodes to wrap up at least...for crying out loud! Who do I protest to about this? Huh? Tell me where they are so I can kill them....er, I mean, persuade them to change their minds.

*stalking through the house* Where is my P-90?!
                    Last edited by Tiret; 22 August 2006, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I cant even follow this thread anymore because the moderators seem to think that anything remotely associated with the topic needs to be merged into it.

Comment

Dang.... This just bites.

But, at least Atlantis is still there. Maybe SG-1 can guest star from time-to-time.

-Tibbetts

"Sic Pacem Para Bellum!"

Comment

In regard to all those Atlantis fans who dont want any SG1 personal on the show on a regular basis, i suggest you try to help save Stargate SG1, so it doesnt become an issue.

I am in agreement with the majority who feel the Dr. Jackson would be the only main character to fit in at Atlantis.

Hopefully he will be too busy though if SG1 is renewed...
                          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Rats! Rats, rats, RATS!

I didn't even get to audition for this show yet!

Comment

Originally posted by USMCgrunt
                              I cant even follow this thread anymore because the moderators seem to think that anything remotely associated with the topic needs to be merged into it.
                              They think they can contain the monster...

Comment

I realize everyone is upset but keep in mind this one thing...

It would have ended someday no matter how much you wish it wouldn't.

At least they're given time for a finale and to tie up loose ends. Which in the TV business, is pretty huge.

Comment

Working...
                                X