Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am shocked and outraged by this news. I mean, sure, it's not totally unexpected, but it's still shocking and outrageous. And what a heartless time to break the news! Right as everyone at SG1 was about to celebrate the 200th episode, they tell them they're cancelled?

Now, though, nothing would please me more than for MGM to find a new channel for SG1, and, after s4 of Atlantis, to take SGA and move it to the new channel as well, thus leaving SciFi without any gates at all. Then I would sit back and laugh with satisfaction as SciFi's ratings plummet without their 2 best shows, and with angry Stargate fans boycotting all their other shows, and just waiting to get stuff like BSG on DVD.

However, Untill that happens, we can't stop watching both Stargates on SciFi! Pour your support into SG1 for the rest of the season, to make it more attractive to other networks. And continue to support SGA as well, so that it isn't cancelled too. Boycott all of SciFi's other stuff, but keep watching the gates!

Comment

I just watched IcyNeko's video on my tube, its very good and gets the point accross, good job

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
        The trouble with petitions is that in some ways showing our support will just give the PTB licence to continue with the dross they’ve been putting out over S9 and S10 [so far]. The dross is the reason dieharders have switched off in droves.

There is a lot of insightful debate going on in various threads at the moment but IMHO this situation really comes out of the PTB’s total arrogance and hubris. Both they and various cast members have acknowledged that sci-fi fans are smarter than most, so why haven’t the PTB listened? They have totally ignored the core fans and also the elements which made everyone, shipper or not, continue to tune in after the show first aired: the relationships between the characters, whether it be ship or good old platonic friendship; and the strong, consistent plotline. Those two fundamentals are the reason Battlestar Galactica is riding high. I somehow don’t see a spoof episode in its future, do you? [And here I don’t include Window of Opportunity, which is a glorious example of how to spoof right – and all because there was actually a plot included…]. I somehow don’t see Peter DeLuise mugging in the background of every shot that contains an extra, do you? No – because its producers still take it seriously.

We don’t watch this show for the ray guns and big explosions – we’re way smarter than that. We watch it because of the dynamics between the characters. The PTB seem to have forgotten that. Why did the introduction of Jonas Quinn in S6 work so well? Because the PTB took fans seriously. JQ’s own unease about trying to fit into an established team reflected the fans’ disquiet over the departure of MS, and it worked. But no such humility with the introduction of Mitchell and Vala [who seems to have become a total caricature of the ballsy woman she could have been – is she just there for the Joke of the Week?].

Now Robert Cooper has the nerve to ask us all to tune in to keep the show going but no-sirree Bob – I gave up having my chain jerked at the end of S8. Without some acknowledgment that he and the rest of the PTB have snaafu-ed big time and intend setting things right, I’ll be continuing to tune out.

I have loved this show since the beginning. I just wish it had gone out with a bang and not the long-drawn-out whimper of the last season. I haven’t signed any petitions and won’t do so if it just means more of the same.

I’m sorry but that’s just the way I feel about it…

Actually I watch it for the plot most of all.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

<quote from article about Stargate living on> Could Stargate SG-1 find its way to yet another network in 2007?
          <my answer> Heck yes!
          And now, I'm going to shamelessly promote my own fics: http://www.fanfiction.net/~ilovedanieljackson

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
            Nope that is incorrect, Nielson uses Tivo reporting in their ratings, hence why they come out with Live ratings, live + same day, live + seven days. If SG-1 is high on the most recorded list, that means people that own Tivo's aren't watching it live and therefore it is assumed by the advertisers that people are fast forwarding through ads when they do view it.

Nope, that is incorrect. It's a seperate report though, not the main Nielsens. That type of system would only work if everyone in America had Tivo. That repert is not what the advertisers primarily look at. They have that list on the usatoday web page. It's a seperate list.

Comment

Fox please Save us !
              Hallowed are the Ori !!!
              Follow the path of the Enlightment !
              Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Well damn!! Just read the news and I can't believe it! Stargate is the only show we still watch as a family.We all love Michael Shanks and Daniel, the best thing on tv. I hate to think how I will break the news to my youngest.

Never mind, I will save a small fortune in dvd's and cable subscription, no need for Sci Fi now.

Thank you Stargate cast and crew for ten amazing years, you will be missed.
                sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                  I agree with FoolishPleasure, sounds like a ploy from sci-fi to divide the fandom. So instead of concentrating on attacking sci-fi for their decision, the fans of both shows are blaming each other for SG-1 cancellation. Better to divide the fandom, than face a unitied front.
                  Sounds about right to me. Just another reason why the Sci-Fi Channel sucks big-time.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ilovedanieljackson
                    <quote from article about Stargate living on> Could Stargate SG-1 find its way to yet another network in 2007?
                    <my answer> Heck yes!
                    I hope mgm moves sg-1 and atlantis to another network while airing the 3rd show in the stargate universeand take all of sci-fi's viewers with it! imagine the friday night line line, SG-1, followed by Atlantis, followed by "SGX" competing with scifi's ecw, eureka and who wants to be a super hero, hmmm wonder who will be watching what?

Comment

Fantastic article and I agree the timing of the announcement was extremely tacky. Thanks.
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice article. It was horrible timing by Sci-Fi. IMO, they look like total idiots after this move. I hope they get a lot of bad press coverage for this.

I still think there's hope another channel may pick up SG-1.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jclark19
                          I hope mgm moves sg-1 and atlantis to another network while airing the 3rd show in the stargate universeand take all of sci-fi's viewers with it! imagine the friday night line line, SG-1, followed by Atlantis, followed by "SGX" competing with scifi's ecw, eureka and who wants to be a super hero, hmmm wonder who will be watching what?
                          oh the compition

StarGate SG1 Petition numbers:436 & 2460
                          SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

Now that was a super article!
                            Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                            The Strongest Will Survive!
                            I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little
                              Doesn't somebody already have the and spot on Atlantis?
                              Doesn't matter. MS and CB both have an "and" spot on SG-1 credits. Could also do an "also starring Amanda Tapping" after the "and" credit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1majgenOneill6130
                                oh the compition
                                lol yes the competion of watching 3 of the best shows made or 3 crappy ones, lol....

Comment

Working...
                                X